Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #181
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Hi Cinderumbrella! Just wanted to suggest for a breakfast WCC(I hear its lots of fun and antics and a good meal)...when you are staying at the CR it is just a quick boat ride away...

We always use the extra spce in the commode area to store extra luggage too...(dont know why they took out that extra sink though...)

There is a nice little nook where the coffee pot is set up now...between the two closets...with the fridge right below...

I think there are alot of pics to be found at contemporaryresort.net also...

Have a wonderful trip...

Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #182
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandDenise View Post
We were there a few weeks ago, and there was one folding suitcase stand in the closet.
We had one in our room in December, too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #183
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Denise at Mousesteps has some new CR pics up - they include Bay Lake Tower, Fantasia Market, and construction around the pool area.

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...1&limitstart=1

thanks, crazy!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #184
staceymarie
Mouseketeer

Was at CR April 1-8 and there was a suitcase stand and also there were drawers in one of the closets-the one with the safe.

Maybe all rooms don't have them?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #185
BLLB

Mouseketeer

I read a previous poster's issue with bed bugs. We will be at the CR in a few weeks. Is there a link to a site on what to look for? I am not overly concerned, just curious.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #186
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLLB View Post
I read a previous poster's issue with bed bugs. We will be at the CR in a few weeks. Is there a link to a site on what to look for? I am not overly concerned, just curious.

Thanks
Try here - for prior post. Here is the direct link to the harvard school of public health on bed bugs.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #187
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

We were trying to go to WDW and stay at CR in December '09. Not happening. When we had to cancel our trip, I stayed off this board for 2 months.

Well, we're trying again. This time shooting for April of 2010. Gives us a little more time. We didn't want to compromise where to stay. It will be DH & I's first trip alone in 20 years. CR, CL is it for us. I haven't booked yet though, still working the numbers. We already know our original plan of 12 days is out. 7 will be it.

I've a lot to catch up on. The pictures are just great - keep posting! You have no idea the excitement and hope it's giving us
Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #188
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Actually, after thinking about it some more, (I should do this more often) I don't think you could put your own coffee and filter in it (so scratch it off your list). I think it only accepts those "pods." They 'll give you all you need (decaf./regular). There is also tea supplied. Sorry if I confused you. Of course, having now said this, someone will write that they were able to shove in their own filter and fancy coffee.
Crud! Is the room coffee any good or should I just stick with the coffee place (Contempo Grounds, or whatever it is called )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
If you time the walk from the South Garden Wing I would say it's 10-12 minutes. However If you time it when you get on the walkway I would say it's 8-10 minutes.

As for the buses in my experience in the mornings the Contemporary usually shares with the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge. However no matter what the Contemporary is the 1st stop, so you have the best chance of getting seats. However in the afternoons they always share bus service with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. So when that happens the pick up/dropping off order is #1 Contemporary, #2 Polynesian and #3 Grand Floridian.
Thanks CRFan!! I can deal with multiple stops if we are picked up/dropped off first (Besides, we are more MK and EPCOT people anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandDenise View Post
We were there a few weeks ago, and there was one folding suitcase stand in the closet.
Hmm... the plot thickens....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hi Cinderumbrella! Just wanted to suggest for a breakfast WCC(I hear its lots of fun and antics and a good meal)...when you are staying at the CR it is just a quick boat ride away...

We always use the extra spce in the commode area to store extra luggage too...(dont know why they took out that extra sink though...)

There is a nice little nook where the coffee pot is set up now...between the two closets...with the fridge right below...

I think there are alot of pics to be found at contemporaryresort.net also...

Have a wonderful trip...
Hi Blue! NO WCC for us!! (we did it a few years ago and NEVER, NEVER again!!!!! )

I am confused about the space in the commode area where an extra sink was I thought there were double sinks in there?? (or you talking about the actual water closet/shower room???)

Thanks for the link- I think I saw some stuff there yesterday, but didn't have time to really explore the site (that is today's project )

Dawn68PA- that is a YUMMY avatar you have

A HUGE thanks again to everyone for answering all my questions!!!!!!!!! (I could try to say there won't be more, but I think we all know that is a lie! )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #189
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Dawn68PA- that is a YUMMY avatar you have
Thanks! We know a good thing when we see it
Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #190
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Hi, I have a few questions about CR:

1. Is the South Wing connected to the main building in any way, or do you walk outside first to get there?

2. Is there an overhead map showing the location of the South Wing in connection to the main building and walkway to MK?

I am finding a lack of photos of the south wing. I went to a site that has tons of photos of everything you can imagine, except the south wing. Does anyone have a link to outdoor photos of the south wing? Thanks a bunch! tink
Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #191
nevercook
Have My Ears

Hi,

We haven't stayed at the Contemporary since 1980. We have a tower theme park view booked in June. We have stayed at most of the budget, moderate and deluxe resorts. Although none of them have enough drawer space, pics of the Contemporary rooms indicate even less than other resorts. I am wondering if this organizer would fit in the closet as closet space appears to be limited also (can't afford to sacrifice too much closet space either).

http://www.qvc.com/scripts/reference...04&item=H99284

I would appreciate any opinions/feedback.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #192
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercook View Post
Hi,

We haven't stayed at the Contemporary since 1980. We have a tower theme park view booked in June. We have stayed at most of the budget, moderate and deluxe resorts. Although none of them have enough drawer space, pics of the Contemporary rooms indicate even less than other resorts. I am wondering if this organizer would fit in the closet as closet space appears to be limited also (can't afford to sacrifice too much closet space either).

http://www.qvc.com/scripts/reference...04&item=H99284

I would appreciate any opinions/feedback.
Yes, you could hang that in the closet that doesn't have the drawers and safe.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #193
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Hi, I have a few questions about CR:

1. Is the South Wing connected to the main building in any way, or do you walk outside first to get there?

2. Is there an overhead map showing the location of the South Wing in connection to the main building and walkway to MK?

I am finding a lack of photos of the south wing. I went to a site that has tons of photos of everything you can imagine, except the south wing. Does anyone have a link to outdoor photos of the south wing? Thanks a bunch! tink
The wing is not connected to the tower. There is a short, covered walkway closest to the tower. BLT is connected to the tower by a covered bridge.

Google maps: http://maps.google.com/
provides great overhead imagery of the CR (and all of WDW).
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #194
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Denise at Mousesteps has some new CR pics up - they include Bay Lake Tower, Fantasia Market, and construction around the pool area.

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...1&limitstart=1
Thank you for posting that link.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #195
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Thanks CRFan!! I can deal with multiple stops if we are picked up/dropped off first (Besides, we are more MK and EPCOT people anyway)
You're welcome and the bus order is one of the major factors about the Contemporary which does not get enough credit.

Also when going to Epcot you take the Resort Monorail one stop to the TTC and then switch over to the Epcot Monorail which is very easy, since they have signs saying which way to go. However when coming back from Epcot you will need to take the Resort Monorail and it will stop at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom before arriving back at the Contemporary. Personally I don't mind the extra stops since I find the Monorail system to be better then taking any bus.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: