Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #1636
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole721 View Post
We're back from an amazing week at BLT! I took 1500 pictures over the course of our trip (a few days in Georgia, a few days in Orlando and a week at BLT) and I have a LOT of room pics (1BR BL view). I'll be putting them up on my blog in the next few days, so if anyone's interested, I'll post the direct link when I get it up

Someone asked before I left about hair dryers: there's one, it's in the master bathroom (in a 1BR), but it's not attached to the wall, so it can be taken from the master bathroom into the other bathroom. It was quite powerful, too.

We were on deluxe dining. I think we did all of the dining in the CR, including in-room dining (Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's twice and room service).

There might be some dissent, but I didn't think the CR was overrun with BLT guests, nor did I think traffic in the CR (and at the bus stops) was any different really than our last trip to the CR in May 08. The busses weren't all that crowded when we took them, the monorail station was never all that long and we never had to wait for a second one due to crowding, the stores weren't crowded (nor were the public areas). I think the most crowding I found was around the locked areas, as the key card access was a bit tricky and sometimes took a few tries.

Questions? I'll be happy to answer
Thank you for sharing, I was concerned about the bus but you said it was not crowded. I can't wait for my first CR stay in Dec with the deluxe dinning. I can't wait to see pictures. Where did you use your refill mugs?

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #1637
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Where did you use your refill mugs?
Mugs can only be refilled at the Contempo Cafe (CR's QS) which is on the 4th floor next to the Outer Rim Lounge and CM's.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #1638
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Mugs can only be refilled at the Contempo Cafe (CR's QS) which is on the 4th floor next to the Outer Rim Lounge and CM's.
Thanks, can you please let me know the selections...can I use it for coffee? Can my son get apple juice or milk? Thanks again

Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #1639
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks, can you please let me know the selections...can I use it for coffee? Can my son get apple juice or milk? Thanks again
Here is a link to a photo (Contempo Grab 'N Go, not Contempo Cafe) showing the beverages:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cr...tfan4life.html

Just click-on the last photo to enlarge it. Sorry, milk is only available for purchase, but the mug can be used for coffee.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #1640
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a link to a photo showing the beverages:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cr...tfan4life.html

Just click-on the last photo to enlarge it. Sorry, milk is only available for purchase, but the mug can be used for coffee.
Thank you

Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #1641
MommyTo5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bay Lake Tower guests may also refill mugs at the (poolside) Cove Bar!

WDW 3/1978, 3/1984, 1/2001, 2/2002, 9/2002, 1/2003, 2/2004, 2/2006, 2/2007, 1/2008, 10/2009 DLR 6/2010
DCL {MAGIC} Western Caribbean 1/2005, 11/2008, 10/2009 Eastern Caribbean 10/2010
DCL {WONDER} Hawaii 10/2012 Western Caribbean 11/2013 Panama Canal 5/2014
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #1642
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTo5 View Post
Bay Lake Tower guests may also refill mugs at the (poolside) Cove Bar!
Thank you for posting this, MommyTo6!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #1643
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thank you
You're welcome. I think instead of apple juice there is Minute Maid lemonade. Maybe someone will post the Cove Bar beverage selection for you.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #1644
Nicole721
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Thank you for the review!! We will be staying at the CR in February and doing the deluxe plan and will also be eating at the Wave, Chef Mickey, Cali Grill and Contempo Cafe! I cant wait to see your pics and hear more about your trip. Are you doing a Trip Report?
Yep...it'll be up on my blog I came home with a nasty sinus infection (100+ degrees of wet heat in FL, I think it was in the 60s this morning in Chicago...my sinuses don't like the drastic change LOL) but I'll probably start writing this weekend and I'll post the link here when I start it up. As of now, it only has cruise reports on it.

Quote:
Thank you for posting and we'll be on the look-out for you photo link. Would you stay at BLT on your next trip? It's already time to start planning
Yes, yes yes!!! A million times yes! I can't imagine staying anywhere else, really...and that's kind of hard for me to say because I *love* the Grand Floridian. On shorter trips (two or three days), we still might do the Grand, but I can't imagine staying anywhere else on longer trips now. The BLT has absolutely ruined me!

We're not owners of BLT or DVC, and we're unlikely to become DVC owners (I have other real estate goals), but really, for the four of us (me- 24, my sister- 23, my mom and my grandma), it was the perfect amount of space and it was GREAT having two bathrooms with four women sharing a room. It really came to feel like home for us

And it had new hotel smell. You know about new car smell? BLT has new hotel smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Nicole721, how did deluxe dining work for in room dining at CRT. Were you able to order from the restaurants?

Did you enjoy your 1 BR? How did it compare to other DVC 1 BRs if you've stayed at any? TIA.
Unfortunately, no. People have posted that they've called the CR and were told that you can order from the restaurants via private dining, but both private dining and concierge told us this was not possible. Concierge did tell us to check with The Wave because they might do carry out, but we never checked.

We ordered breakfast via private dining on our last morning because we had a ton of credits left over (grandma came with us and she's in her late-80s and with the heat, she didn't spend much time in the parks and made better use of the kitchen than her meal credits) and it was very good.

We enjoyed our 1BR very much. I can't imagine staying in a regular room for longer than a few nights anymore. It was the perfect amount of space for us (it reminded me of my sister's luxury apartment when she was in college) and it was very functional for us while still retaining much of that Disney magic. My only gripe is that the Contemporary and BLT have become the home to many crows and larger birds and by the third day, there were so many droppings on our balcony that we just couldn't step out there anymore. It wasn't even like normal little bird droppings, but big gross ones. Bleh. Didn't experience this at our stay at the Contemporary last year or any of our stays at the GF.

And we had a great view of Illuminations from our room every night

I can't compare it to any other DVC resorts, though, because we aren't DVC owners and haven't stayed at any other DVC resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
can't wait to see your pics...we have a BL view in Dec and can't wait
I think I like BL view over MK view (we were upgraded to an MK view room at the CR last year). The MK view was nice, but there's so much more to see from a BL view (especially if you're on a higher floor). We could see Epcot (and Illuminations), DHS, DTD, BB, WL and the Swolphin. Lots to look at and see and I feel we got the double whammy of fireworks: we could see Illuminations from our room at 9:00 and had an AMAZING view of Wishes from the bridge at 10:00. We actually didn't see any fireworks live at the parks all week because we either had late dinner with fireworks views (Yachtsman, Cali Grill) or we had good enough views from the BLT that it wasn't worth the crowds and heat Not typical behavior for us, but it as hot and we were tired and nothing beats a great view of two fireworks shows while you're in your PJ's.

Quote:
Thank you for sharing, I was concerned about the bus but you said it was not crowded. I can't wait for my first CR stay in Dec with the deluxe dinning. I can't wait to see pictures. Where did you use your refill mugs?
Nope, not crowded for us. That said, we never did any rope drops. We usually had an 8:00ish breakfast and then headed to the parks after breakfast.

We refilled our mugs at the Contempo Cafe. We could have used the poolside machine, but we had a room right near the elevator to the bridge and it was so quick to just hop over and refill. We didn't use the mugs much, though, since we had many beverages in the room (we went to Wal-Mart on our first day to stock up on Vitamin Water, water bottles, milk, juice, etc).

Quote:
Coffee, yes. Apple juice or milk, no.

I actually have a picture of the machine, so I can tell you the selections are coffee and then from the fountain: Coke, Barq's Root Beer, Fanta Orange, Red Powerade, Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Sprite, Diet Coke and another Coke pump.

The offerings seem to vary from resort to resort. At the GF last year, they had Hi-C fruit punch.
2005: Offsite
2006: Disneyland offsite
2007: Grand Floridian
2008: Contemporary Resort
2008: Grand Floridian
2009: Bay Lake Towers

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #1645
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole721 View Post

And it had new hotel smell. You know about new car smell? BLT has new hotel smell
That's the best! I wonder how long that will last?!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #1646
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

My Contemporary review

Hi everyone my family and I are actually getting home tomorrow, so I am posting my Contemporary review from a Hampton Inn location in Lima, Ohio. I figured with all the un packing and all other things we need to do now would be the best time to post my review so here it is.

Before we were at WDW my family and I were in Clearwater Beach, so from there we drove to WDW. Anyway while driving there along Interstate 4 we stopped off at a McDonald's in Dover, Florida and just as we got back into my dad's Jeep it would not start. So we waited an hour and a half for a tow truck who took us to the Contemporary, then later that day my dad got another tow truck which took him to the Magic Kingdom Car Care Center. The problem was his battery, which got fixed the very next day and it could have been a lot worse.

Anyway as for our actual stay once again we had an amazing time. Our room number was 4817 which had an amazing view of Bay Lake, Epcot and Bay Lake Tower. The Cast Members were very friendly, especially some of the experienced Cast Members from the Atrium Club who would all go out of their way to help us with anything we needed. When it came to the extra guests from Bay Lake Tower I honestly didn't think they impacted the 4th floor and etc being a lot more busy and there was just one time when we had to wait for another Monorail because of a huge line. Just like in December the Contempo Cafe was great so I went multiple times.

Here are two new Club Level facts I found out.

Travellers Cheques can now be cashed on either the 12th or 14th floor, so no more doing that in the lobby.

When insterting your car for the 12th or 14th floors, if it does not light up then just press the button for your specific floor.

Also Wishes music is played on Contemporary info channel, which is channel 20.

Finally I took a grand total of 42 new pictures which I will upload tomorrow once I get home.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #1647
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Hi everyone my family and I are actually getting home tomorrow, so I am posting my Contemporary review from a Hampton Inn location in Lima, Ohio. I figured with all the un packing and all other things we need to do now would be the best time to post my review so here it is.

Before we were at WDW my family and I were in Clearwater Beach, so from there we drove to WDW. Anyway while driving there along Interstate 4 we stopped off at a McDonald's in Dover, Florida and just as we got back into my dad's Jeep it would not start. So we waited an hour and a half for a tow truck who took us to the Contemporary, then later that day my dad got another tow truck which took him to the Magic Kingdom Car Care Center. The problem was his battery, which got fixed the very next day and it could have been a lot worse.

Anyway as for our actual stay once again we had an amazing time. Our room number was 4817 which had an amazing view of Bay Lake, Epcot and Bay Lake Tower. The Cast Members were very friendly, especially some of the experienced Cast Members from the Atrium Club who would all go out of their way to help us with anything we needed. When it came to the extra guests from Bay Lake Tower I honestly didn't think they impacted the 4th floor and etc being a lot more busy and there was just one time when we had to wait for another Monorail because of a huge line. Just like in December the Contempo Cafe was great so I went multiple times.

Here are two new Club Level facts I found out.

Travellers Cheques can now be cashed on either the 12th or 14th floor, so no more doing that in the lobby.

When insterting your car for the 12th or 14th floors, if it does not light up then just press the button for your specific floor.

Also Wishes music is played on Contemporary info channel, which is channel 20.

Finally I took a grand total of 42 new pictures which I will upload tomorrow once I get home.
We'll be on the look-out for your photos.

Have a safe trip.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #1648
loperella
*Sunny Daze*

We just switched resorts today to CR and am trying to get all the info I can before our upcoming trip in Oct. It's our 1st time to Disney & obviously our 1st stay at Contemporary. We're SO looking forward to the whole experience!!!

It'll take a while to read thru all these posts, but one page at a time....until then...

Thanx for all the info everyone and I look forward to contributing and posting pics after my upcoming trip!
Oct. 2008 RPR/HRH
Me DH DS (12) DS (14)

Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #1649
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by loperella View Post
We just switched resorts today to CR and am trying to get all the info I can before our upcoming trip in Oct. It's our 1st time to Disney & obviously our 1st stay at Contemporary. We're SO looking forward to the whole experience!!!

It'll take a while to read thru all these posts, but one page at a time....until then...

Thanx for all the info everyone and I look forward to contributing and posting pics after my upcoming trip!
Congratulations on switching! It's exciting when you get your e-mail confirmation, isn't it? Are you in the GW or Tower? Here is a link to more great CR info:

www.contemporaryresort.net
Old 08-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #1650
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Nicole721, thanks so much for your response. Too bad about the restaurants and private dining but very good to know in advance.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life, it sounds like another great stay for your family. Too bad about your car but glad it worked out. Safe travels home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: