Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #1621
Nickb23
Mouseketeer
 
Nickb23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 88

Recent Trip

Just some thoughts on our recent trip to Disney and our stay at the Contemporary. We stayed from 8/4-8/11. We are a family of four, including my wife and two daughters, ages 4 and 3. This was our first trip with them to WDW.

Positives:
-Disney Express was quick and we were also the first stop. The luggage arrived while we were at dinner as well. Checking out and checking the luggage was even easier. Take advantage of this service if possible.
-When we checked in, we were surprised to be awarded "family of the day honors." These came with a certificate, balloons for the girls, and a delivery of chocolate and a family photo to the room. A nice way to start. We might have received this because it was the girls first trip and our anniversary.
-The room was very modern and large. The trip to the elevator, monorail, or pool were all quick and helped with two young kids.
-We liked the Contemp Cafe and Chef Mickey's (althought the wait was long even with reservations).
-Pool area was large and the new kids splash area was also a lot of fun.
-Monorail service was always fast and we even walked back to the hotel from MK a few times.
-The MK view was unbeatable (10th floor), as was the view of the fireworks every night.

Negatives:
-Everyone mentions the sinks, and they aren't the most effective design.
-Housekeeping was slow and we didn't always get great service from our housekeeper. I believe this was an individual issue, as we interacted with other housekeepers for turn down service and they were more helpful and dilligent.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay at the property again.
__________________
'76, '77, '78, '79, '80, '83, '84, '86, '88, '90, '92, '96, '03, '10 Polynesian
'82, 09 Contemporary
'12 Fort Wilderness Cabins

Me DW DD DD
Nickb23 is offline  
Old 08-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #1622
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb23 View Post
Just some thoughts on our recent trip to Disney and our stay at the Contemporary. We stayed from 8/4-8/11. We are a family of four, including my wife and two daughters, ages 4 and 3. This was our first trip with them to WDW.

Positives:
-Disney Express was quick and we were also the first stop. The luggage arrived while we were at dinner as well. Checking out and checking the luggage was even easier. Take advantage of this service if possible.
-When we checked in, we were surprised to be awarded "family of the day honors." These came with a certificate, balloons for the girls, and a delivery of chocolate and a family photo to the room. A nice way to start. We might have received this because it was the girls first trip and our anniversary.
-The room was very modern and large. The trip to the elevator, monorail, or pool were all quick and helped with two young kids.
-We liked the Contemp Cafe and Chef Mickey's (althought the wait was long even with reservations).
-Pool area was large and the new kids splash area was also a lot of fun.
-Monorail service was always fast and we even walked back to the hotel from MK a few times.
-The MK view was unbeatable (10th floor), as was the view of the fireworks every night.

Negatives:
-Everyone mentions the sinks, and they aren't the most effective design.
-Housekeeping was slow and we didn't always get great service from our housekeeper. I believe this was an individual issue, as we interacted with other housekeepers for turn down service and they were more helpful and dilligent.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay at the property again.
Thank you for posting.

After all your stays at the Poly, it must have been hard to stay elsewhere! It says a lot that you would return to the CR, and that you stayed there for your family's first trip, too. It seems perfect that you were awarded "family of the day."

I suppose there will always be varying opinions on both housekeeping and those infamous CR sinks, huh?
WDWKOOK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #1623
Nickb23
Mouseketeer
 
Nickb23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 88

It was difficult to stay away from the Poly (and my heart is still there), but the Contemporary was certainly convenient and made for a pleasurable stay.
__________________
'76, '77, '78, '79, '80, '83, '84, '86, '88, '90, '92, '96, '03, '10 Polynesian
'82, 09 Contemporary
'12 Fort Wilderness Cabins

Me DW DD DD
Nickb23 is offline  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #1624
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran
 
Pooh&OurHunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb23 View Post
Just some thoughts on our recent trip to Disney and our stay at the Contemporary. We stayed from 8/4-8/11. We are a family of four, including my wife and two daughters, ages 4 and 3. This was our first trip with them to WDW.

Positives:
-Disney Express was quick and we were also the first stop. The luggage arrived while we were at dinner as well. Checking out and checking the luggage was even easier. Take advantage of this service if possible.
-When we checked in, we were surprised to be awarded "family of the day honors." These came with a certificate, balloons for the girls, and a delivery of chocolate and a family photo to the room. A nice way to start. We might have received this because it was the girls first trip and our anniversary.
-The room was very modern and large. The trip to the elevator, monorail, or pool were all quick and helped with two young kids.
-We liked the Contemp Cafe and Chef Mickey's (althought the wait was long even with reservations).
-Pool area was large and the new kids splash area was also a lot of fun.
-Monorail service was always fast and we even walked back to the hotel from MK a few times.
-The MK view was unbeatable (10th floor), as was the view of the fireworks every night.

Negatives:
-Everyone mentions the sinks, and they aren't the most effective design.
-Housekeeping was slow and we didn't always get great service from our housekeeper. I believe this was an individual issue, as we interacted with other housekeepers for turn down service and they were more helpful and dilligent.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay at the property again.
Thank you for your review, It will be my son and my first time at CR but my husband used to stay there as a kid....can't wait for our December trip. My son will be so excited to at CR...we usually visit CR in his last 4 trips and play at the game room.
__________________
DS (6)DH Me

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline  
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #1625
AxlRose330
Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown since 2013
 
AxlRose330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 390

We had similar Mousekeeping problems. They were inconsistent with the time of day that they would service the room. Some days the room would be really nice some days not so much. One time we came back to find the day bed(that I used evry night) still as messy as I left it. Other times there were pillows missing. I didnt really mind the sinks though. I would just push the puddles to the drain and spit my toothpaste over the drain. But the sinks and the spotty Mousekeeping werent enough to deter me from staying there again.
__________________
Previous Trip(s):
August 2008-POFQ
August 2009-Contemporary(theme park view)
Everybodys Favorite Axl Rose Look-A-Like a.k.a. Bryan the Dan-O-Mite: A Comittment to Excellence since 1988
Drink Up! Be Merry! Its a celebration! I have been known to ramble about the Legend of Zelda when Im drunk lol. Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll! Feedest Ye Not Yon Trolls! I love ponies. Deal with it. Bro! Do you even lift?!
Hit me up on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/Epic_Bryan
AxlRose330 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #1626
SINYMom
Mouseketeer
 
SINYMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 140

Coffee question

We are heading down next week and much prefer our own coffee, so my question is, what size filters will fit in the coffee pot? We have the basket filters (8 to 12 cup size) that we used during our DVC stay last year, will these work?
__________________
me, DH, Matt, Nick, Joe


SINYMom is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #1627
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINYMom View Post
We are heading down next week and much prefer our own coffee, so my question is, what size filters will fit in the coffee pot? We have the basket filters (8 to 12 cup size) that we used during our DVC stay last year, will these work?
You will want to buy the filters that are for 1-4 cups, anything else would be too large.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #1628
SINYMom
Mouseketeer
 
SINYMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 140

Thanks WDWkook, I will look for them. However, if I can't find them do you know if the diameter of the filter is the same? I'm guessing no but just thought I would ask.

Also, if I remember correctly, the small frig will hold 1/2 gallon containers, can you confirm?
__________________
me, DH, Matt, Nick, Joe


SINYMom is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #1629
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINYMom View Post
Thanks WDWkook, I will look for them. However, if I can't find them do you know if the diameter of the filter is the same? I'm guessing no but just thought I would ask.

Also, if I remember correctly, the small frig will hold 1/2 gallon containers, can you confirm?
You're welcome.

I think your guess is correct that the diameter wouldn't be the same. I did a Google search for them and Amazon was sold-out of the paper kind, and since you're leaving so soon it might be best to check locally for them. It's possible that an Orlando grocery delivery service might have them. There's always "CR Grounds" in the lobby, they make a good cup of Joe.

The 1/2 gallons should fit - here is a link to a fridge photo:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/standard_room.html

Have a great vacation in just 6 days!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #1630
Craig-TMIP
ContemporaryResort.net
 
Craig-TMIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62

Hey everybody!
Thanks for all the links to the site, I'm glad we can help!

CR-Resort-Fan-4-Life now has his own page over at contemporaryresort.net!
he shares pictures of the tempo grab-n-go and a nice shot of the hotel before BLT was built.

Thanks Jason!

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cr...tfan4life.html
Craig-TMIP is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 AM   #1631
Nicole721
Mouseketeer
 
Nicole721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicaaaaago
Posts: 315

We're back from an amazing week at BLT! I took 1500 pictures over the course of our trip (a few days in Georgia, a few days in Orlando and a week at BLT) and I have a LOT of room pics (1BR BL view). I'll be putting them up on my blog in the next few days, so if anyone's interested, I'll post the direct link when I get it up

Someone asked before I left about hair dryers: there's one, it's in the master bathroom (in a 1BR), but it's not attached to the wall, so it can be taken from the master bathroom into the other bathroom. It was quite powerful, too.

We were on deluxe dining. I think we did all of the dining in the CR, including in-room dining (Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's twice and room service).

There might be some dissent, but I didn't think the CR was overrun with BLT guests, nor did I think traffic in the CR (and at the bus stops) was any different really than our last trip to the CR in May 08. The busses weren't all that crowded when we took them, the monorail station was never all that long and we never had to wait for a second one due to crowding, the stores weren't crowded (nor were the public areas). I think the most crowding I found was around the locked areas, as the key card access was a bit tricky and sometimes took a few tries.

Questions? I'll be happy to answer
__________________
2000: Magic Music Days (Singing in Tomorrowland!)
2001: Offsite
2002: Disneyland Magic Music Days
2005: Offsite
2006: Disneyland offsite
2007: Grand Floridian
2008: Contemporary Resort
2008: Grand Floridian
2009: Bay Lake Towers



Nicole721 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #1632
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
my2disneyboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole721 View Post
We're back from an amazing week at BLT! I took 1500 pictures over the course of our trip (a few days in Georgia, a few days in Orlando and a week at BLT) and I have a LOT of room pics (1BR BL view). I'll be putting them up on my blog in the next few days, so if anyone's interested, I'll post the direct link when I get it up

Someone asked before I left about hair dryers: there's one, it's in the master bathroom (in a 1BR), but it's not attached to the wall, so it can be taken from the master bathroom into the other bathroom. It was quite powerful, too.

We were on deluxe dining. I think we did all of the dining in the CR, including in-room dining (Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's twice and room service).

There might be some dissent, but I didn't think the CR was overrun with BLT guests, nor did I think traffic in the CR (and at the bus stops) was any different really than our last trip to the CR in May 08. The busses weren't all that crowded when we took them, the monorail station was never all that long and we never had to wait for a second one due to crowding, the stores weren't crowded (nor were the public areas). I think the most crowding I found was around the locked areas, as the key card access was a bit tricky and sometimes took a few tries.

Questions? I'll be happy to answer
Thank you for the review!! We will be staying at the CR in February and doing the deluxe plan and will also be eating at the Wave, Chef Mickey, Cali Grill and Contempo Cafe! I cant wait to see your pics and hear more about your trip. Are you doing a Trip Report?
__________________
Me39 DH37 DS10 DS7 Daisy



2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #1633
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole721 View Post
We're back from an amazing week at BLT! I took 1500 pictures over the course of our trip (a few days in Georgia, a few days in Orlando and a week at BLT) and I have a LOT of room pics (1BR BL view). I'll be putting them up on my blog in the next few days, so if anyone's interested, I'll post the direct link when I get it up

Someone asked before I left about hair dryers: there's one, it's in the master bathroom (in a 1BR), but it's not attached to the wall, so it can be taken from the master bathroom into the other bathroom. It was quite powerful, too.

We were on deluxe dining. I think we did all of the dining in the CR, including in-room dining (Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's twice and room service).

There might be some dissent, but I didn't think the CR was overrun with BLT guests, nor did I think traffic in the CR (and at the bus stops) was any different really than our last trip to the CR in May 08. The busses weren't all that crowded when we took them, the monorail station was never all that long and we never had to wait for a second one due to crowding, the stores weren't crowded (nor were the public areas). I think the most crowding I found was around the locked areas, as the key card access was a bit tricky and sometimes took a few tries.

Questions? I'll be happy to answer
Thank you for posting and we'll be on the look-out for you photo link. Would you stay at BLT on your next trip? It's already time to start planning
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 AM   #1634
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,918

Nicole721, how did deluxe dining work for in room dining at CRT. Were you able to order from the restaurants?

Did you enjoy your 1 BR? How did it compare to other DVC 1 BRs if you've stayed at any? TIA.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #1635
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran
 
eeyoresnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 10,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole721 View Post
We're back from an amazing week at BLT! I took 1500 pictures over the course of our trip (a few days in Georgia, a few days in Orlando and a week at BLT) and I have a LOT of room pics (1BR BL view). I'll be putting them up on my blog in the next few days, so if anyone's interested, I'll post the direct link when I get it up

Someone asked before I left about hair dryers: there's one, it's in the master bathroom (in a 1BR), but it's not attached to the wall, so it can be taken from the master bathroom into the other bathroom. It was quite powerful, too.

We were on deluxe dining. I think we did all of the dining in the CR, including in-room dining (Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's twice and room service).

There might be some dissent, but I didn't think the CR was overrun with BLT guests, nor did I think traffic in the CR (and at the bus stops) was any different really than our last trip to the CR in May 08. The busses weren't all that crowded when we took them, the monorail station was never all that long and we never had to wait for a second one due to crowding, the stores weren't crowded (nor were the public areas). I think the most crowding I found was around the locked areas, as the key card access was a bit tricky and sometimes took a few tries.

Questions? I'll be happy to answer
can't wait to see your pics...we have a BL view in Dec and can't wait
__________________
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alphabet Game Disney World/Land Shops, Resorts, & Restaraunts.. II ryley26 Theme Parks Community 3798 08-21-2010 03:40 PM
The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3773 09-22-2009 04:15 PM
Ultimate Resort Poll - Deluxe frisco Disney Resorts 70 04-09-2009 08:21 AM
Question about resort mugs - do they offer milk with the coffee or only cream? lucky978 Disney Resorts 4 04-05-2009 12:14 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 07:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.