Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #1531
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute Farms View Post
Any recomendations on room requests for Atrium Level Bay Lake View?

Does it matter?
You can't request either view, because when staying on the Atrium Club floor you need to reserve the specific view you want.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #1532
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

spaceace510,
Thank you for posting those links and I am going to add them onto the 1st page in the Bay Lake Tower section.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #1533
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
You can't request either view, because when staying on the Atrium Club floor you need to reserve the specific view you want.
I know, I am asking about room request on the Bay Lake side.

Odd or even numbered room? Which end of the building? etc.?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #1534
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
spaceace510,
Thank you for posting those links and I am going to add them onto the 1st page in the Bay Lake Tower section.
you are more than welcome. I actually have one more from jack for ya

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...art_two_1.html

and as they keep blogging, I will continue to share here.

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #1535
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, I am asking about room request on the Bay Lake side.

Odd or even numbered room? Which end of the building? etc.?
Well if you don't want a room by Chef Mickey's request one on the other side by the Fantasia store. Besides that in the odd numbers rooms you should have a view of Spaceship Earth way off in the distance, so you can see Illuminations from there. Just remember it's nothing like watching Wishes.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #1536
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace510 View Post
you are more than welcome. I actually have one more from jack for ya

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...art_two_1.html

and as they keep blogging, I will continue to share here.
I am going to add this one with the other ones, so thanks again for finding them.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #1537
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

Is noise from Chef Mickey's a problem on the Atrium level?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #1538
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is noise from Chef Mickey's a problem on the Atrium level?
The last two times my family and I stayed up there our room was close or over Chef Mickey's, however we didn't think it was bad. So I guess it depends on who you ask about that.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #1539
KimDis
Belle of The Ball

Hi there, trying to understand the difference (besides price and what floor the lounge is on) between the Standard Room - Club Level and the Atrium Club.

Other than views, how do the rooms differ? Should I make any special requests for a room?

Hoping someone can help me - thanks!
1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC
Old 08-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #1540
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimDis View Post
Hi there, trying to understand the difference (besides price and what floor the lounge is on) between the Standard Room - Club Level and the Atrium Club.

Other than views, how do the rooms differ? Should I make any special requests for a room?

Hoping someone can help me - thanks!
Standard rooms are located on floors 5-11 and are exactly what the title says standard rooms.

The Atrium Club is on the 12th floor and it is concierge level. All of those rooms and its lounge are on the 12th floor.

The Tower Club is on the 14th floor and includes all the rooms on that floor (i'm not sure if it has its own lounge or if it shares with the atrium club). But is also concierge level.

The atrium and tower club rooms all have the concierge perks and have a lounge with food and a Wishes viewing area (i believe this is in the lounge).

Hope I was able to help!

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #1541
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

Tower Club has it's own lounge. The food and drinks in it are identical to that in the Atrium Club lounge.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #1542
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tower Club has it's own lounge. The food and drinks in it are identical to that in the Atrium Club lounge.
The only difference is the lounge on the Atrium Club is a lot bigger then the Tower Club and the Atrium Club rooms are less expensive. However there is only a total of 16 rooms total on the Tower Club floor and it doesn't look down onto the 4th floor, so it's a lot more quiet.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #1543
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
Thanks for the pictures! (I never thought I'd need pictures of a bathroom )> It does look like a tight squeeze, but it does look possible. We can easily fold up the pack n play when she's not sleeping so we have room in the bathroom in the morning.

I also found this floorplan of the a standard room in CR. Is this basically the bathroom layout everyone has? I think if I put the pack n play right next to the tub there would still be just enough room to open the door to the inner bathroom.
That is not the floorplan of our room, but it's pretty close. Where you show 2 chairs we had a long desk adn dresser with a rolling desk chair. Also, the bathroom has sliding doors now. And there's no sink in the toilet area, and double sinks in the tub area. The closet are was also quite different. I did post pictures several pages back--see the links below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
If we have the garden rooms, do we need to go thru the main building to get the buses or we can walk around the grounds? When people say you can walk to MK, is the walkway safe to walk (is it a sidewalk so my 4 son can walk or is it in a busy street and walk on dirt road)? Thank you
The path is a wide sidewalk (3-people at least) and it does cross a fairly busy road (there's a traffic light and timed crossing light) After you cross the street it is off to the side of where the buses pick up at MK. And there's a hedge preventing you from looking in to Tomorrowland, I believe.

Walking thru the main floor was no trouble--just walk straight thru and out to the right at the front to the bus area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
CR Resort Fan 4 Life, Thank you. Is the Garden rooms as comfortable as the tower rooms? I just want a nice clean room, quite room and comfortable beds.
Garden rooms are great. I did post tons of pictures several pages back--see the links below. They are exactly the same as those in the tower. Probably the garden rooms are quieter, I know we almost never heard anyone. The beds were very comfortable. I slept like a rock and I never do in hotels. We had great mousekeeping, too. Somedays they didn't even take the tip.

My report and photos:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1354

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1383

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1384

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1385

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1389

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1443

Last edited by mdrob214; 08-06-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #1544
AxlRose330
Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown since 2013

I just got back from my first stay at the contemporary earlier tonight. I loved it. It met and exceeded my expectations. We were on the 6th floor(room 4244) and had a great view of the Magic Kingdom, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. I was a little nervous at first because I wasnt sure what kind of view I would have from the 6th floor but it turned out great. The monorail was right outside our room but you couldnt hear it at all. Sometimes you could feel the ground shake but that was minor and you only felt it very now and then. I didnt hear any noise from Chef Mickey's at all. However the water pressure in the shower wasnt that great. It just wasnt really doing it for me. And mousekeeping was inconsistent with their times. Somedays they would be there at like 1 other days the room wouldnt be serviced until after 3. The flat sinks werent too bad. They were cool looking. They didnt drain well but I liked the idea. We liked to joke about the high pressure toilet. The sliding doors for the bathroom were really cool. It made it seem like there was a lot of space to move around and get ready and stuff like that. The pillows were amazing. Hands down the greatest pillows I have ever slept on. I slept on the day bed for the whole week that we were there and I didnt have any problems with it. It was comfortable. THe only thing is that I had to take pillows from the other beds and I couldnt see the TV. Speaking of TV Im gonna miss the company clips channel and the Must Do Disney channel. The elevators took some time to get used to mainly because you hit the up or down arrow and then you just wait for one of 5 elevators to show up. It was really nice having the monorail right in the hotel and being able to use it to go just about everywhere. I have pictures but I will post those later(Im a little too lazy right now). Sorry that this is like a novel.
Everybodys Favorite Axl Rose Look-A-Like a.k.a. Bryan the Dan-O-Mite: A Comittment to Excellence since 1988
Drink Up! Be Merry! Its a celebration! I have been known to ramble about the Legend of Zelda when Im drunk lol. Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll! Feedest Ye Not Yon Trolls! I love ponies. Deal with it. Bro! Do you even lift?!
Hit me up on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/Epic_Bryan
Old 08-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #1545
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlRose330 View Post
I just got back from my first stay at the contemporary earlier tonight. I loved it. It met and exceeded my expectations. We were on the 6th floor(room 4244) and had a great view of the Magic Kingdom, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. I was a little nervous at first because I wasnt sure what kind of view I would have from the 6th floor but it turned out great. The monorail was right outside our room but you couldnt hear it at all. Sometimes you could feel the ground shake but that was minor and you only felt it very now and then. I didnt hear any noise from Chef Mickey's at all. However the water pressure in the shower wasnt that great. It just wasnt really doing it for me. And mousekeeping was inconsistent with their times. Somedays they would be there at like 1 other days the room wouldnt be serviced until after 3. The flat sinks werent too bad. They were cool looking. They didnt drain well but I liked the idea. We liked to joke about the high pressure toilet. The sliding doors for the bathroom were really cool. It made it seem like there was a lot of space to move around and get ready and stuff like that. The pillows were amazing. Hands down the greatest pillows I have ever slept on. I slept on the day bed for the whole week that we were there and I didnt have any problems with it. It was comfortable. THe only thing is that I had to take pillows from the other beds and I couldnt see the TV. Speaking of TV Im gonna miss the company clips channel and the Must Do Disney channel. The elevators took some time to get used to mainly because you hit the up or down arrow and then you just wait for one of 5 elevators to show up. It was really nice having the monorail right in the hotel and being able to use it to go just about everywhere. I have pictures but I will post those later(Im a little too lazy right now). Sorry that this is like a novel.
Thanks for posting your review and I can not wait to see your pictures.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: