Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #1396
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Prince View Post
How much are the arcade cards?
There are different costs depending on how much money you are willing to spend. For example $10.00 gets you 500 points and $20.00 gets you 1000 points.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #1397
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajean17 View Post
After reading through this thread, to say that I am now totally addicted to planning my first visit to the Poly is an understatement. We have only been back for a week from a 9 day stay at POP and I am already in planning mode.
DH and I have always LOVED the Poly and visit there everytime we are in WDW. We have never stayed there though, and vowed after this last trip (got sick of the buses really fast) that our next would be at the Poly, so we could take full advantage of the monorial (which my DS loves anyway) and besides we've never stayed at a Deluxe! This time we want to do TPV, DxDP. No holds barred we want to go all out!!
He is addicted to WDW as me so has giving me the green light to start planning!

First things first, is saving up! We want to go next April during DS and DD school vacation week (4/26-4/30) so that gives me about 10 months (since you have to be paid in full 45 days before) to put the savings plan in motion!

I'd love to hear feedback on the best buildings with TPV rooms, also are all TPV rooms located on upper floors with a balcony?? Just a few of the questions I am sure I will have over the next 11 months!!!!!
We are also planning on being at the Poly at that time, TPV. Maybe we will be neighbours!
__________________

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
maiapapaya is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #1398
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil
 
ConcKahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Lauderdale, near Wilton Manors
Posts: 8,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
I'm not sure about the local access #'s, HOWEVER, Disney DOES charge for local calls. So keep that in mind. I don't recall the amount, but when I've checked in at WDW resorts, the CM always asks "do you have a cell phone?" Then use it for calling and not your room phone unless you need something within the hotel, and gives a
It's a recent change (I think maybe the first of the year?) but WDW resorts dont charge for local or toll-free calls any more. That being said, the "local" 407 area code also includes Kissimmee and other parts of Osceola county that are long distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Prince View Post
How much are the arcade cards?
And just to clarify, the cards you buy can be used just like cash on the machines, it's the free 30 minute card that comes with some packages that has to be continual time and can only be used at one machine at a time.
ConcKahuna is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #1399
bdink921
DIS Veteran
 
bdink921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,030

Hi everyone--it has taken awhile to read through this thread--what great info!!! We are taking a cruise this summer and due to some wonderful price drops I convinced DH to go to WDW for 2 nights . We originally booked at the Dolphin with a great nurse rate ... but then the summer rates came out and we switched to the Poly!!! I am sooo excited and am loving reading up on the resort. I booked a GV room and requested Tokelau or Rapa Nui facing Tahiti. I just can't wait--I only wish we could stay longer!!
__________________
Bridget
Pop Century April 2005 CSR and Disney Wonder November 2006 Poly and Carnival Glory July 2009 Disney Dream April 2011 Port Orleans Riverside August 2013
bdink921 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #1400
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings
 
Kathy Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,511

We live closer to Detroit Metropolitan Airport than Tess does so we are sleeping at home tonight. I'm all packed except for a few items that will be added to a carry on in the very early am. We'll pick up our granddaughters on the way to the airport.

Tess and her family are on an earlier flight than ours so they will be over in Epcot by the time we land in Orlando.

We'll be carrying ponchos for all in a backpack. It looks like the long dry spell has finally ended. Here's hoping the showers are brief and not too many thunderstorms. Every single day in the 15 day forecast now shows some kind of rain.
__________________
Polynesian Apr. 1975 & May 1980 w/DH, DD, & DS The Disney Inn (Originally The Golf Resort; now Shades of Green) Christmas 1985 w/DH, DD & DS
Polynesian May 2009 w/DH, DGD (10) & DGD (7) BWI Dec 2009 w/DH; AKL Dec 2010 w/DH; AKL Feb. 2012 w/DH; POR w/DH Feb. 2013
WL Nov 2013 w/DH & DGS (8) POFQ Feb 2014 w/DH
Kathy Z is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #1401
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajean17 View Post
After reading through this thread, to say that I am now totally addicted to planning my first visit to the Poly is an understatement. We have only been back for a week from a 9 day stay at POP and I am already in planning mode.
DH and I have always LOVED the Poly and visit there everytime we are in WDW. We have never stayed there though, and vowed after this last trip (got sick of the buses really fast) that our next would be at the Poly, so we could take full advantage of the monorial (which my DS loves anyway) and besides we've never stayed at a Deluxe! This time we want to do TPV, DxDP. No holds barred we want to go all out!!
He is addicted to WDW as me so has giving me the green light to start planning!

First things first, is saving up! We want to go next April during DS and DD school vacation week (4/26-4/30) so that gives me about 10 months (since you have to be paid in full 45 days before) to put the savings plan in motion!

I'd love to hear feedback on the best buildings with TPV rooms, also are all TPV rooms located on upper floors with a balcony?? Just a few of the questions I am sure I will have over the next 11 months!!!!!
We booked our April Spring Break 2009 trip at the Poly about this time in 2008, so I know what it feels like! Reading the posts on this thread made the 11 months go by very quickly -- really! I hope you love it there -- it is such a nice and relaxing place, right in the middle of WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Leaving in 2 days for our "couples only" romance trip to the Poly!!!

First time there, so what little things should we try NOT to miss at the Poly?

Sara
Check out the hammocks on the beaches -- they are so relaxing. Around dinnertime, the beach clears out and it is a nice, romantic spot. Also, go to the beach in front of Tahiti -- it's off to the side so when we were there we were the only people on that beach one evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdink921 View Post
Hi everyone--it has taken awhile to read through this thread--what great info!!! We are taking a cruise this summer and due to some wonderful price drops I convinced DH to go to WDW for 2 nights . We originally booked at the Dolphin with a great nurse rate ... but then the summer rates came out and we switched to the Poly!!! I am sooo excited and am loving reading up on the resort. I booked a GV room and requested Tokelau or Rapa Nui facing Tahiti. I just can't wait--I only wish we could stay longer!!
Wow -- the Poly sounds like a great complement to a cruise -- it still has that "laid back" feeling to it!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #1402
figmentgirl
DIS Veteran
 
figmentgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajean17 View Post
After reading through this thread, to say that I am now totally addicted to planning my first visit to the Poly is an understatement. We have only been back for a week from a 9 day stay at POP and I am already in planning mode.
DH and I have always LOVED the Poly and visit there everytime we are in WDW. We have never stayed there though, and vowed after this last trip (got sick of the buses really fast) that our next would be at the Poly, so we could take full advantage of the monorial (which my DS loves anyway) and besides we've never stayed at a Deluxe! This time we want to do TPV, DxDP. No holds barred we want to go all out!!
He is addicted to WDW as me so has giving me the green light to start planning!

First things first, is saving up! We want to go next April during DS and DD school vacation week (4/26-4/30) so that gives me about 10 months (since you have to be paid in full 45 days before) to put the savings plan in motion!

I'd love to hear feedback on the best buildings with TPV rooms, also are all TPV rooms located on upper floors with a balcony?? Just a few of the questions I am sure I will have over the next 11 months!!!!!
YAY! Glad you're planning on staying at our favorite resort. I reccomend checking out the Tikiman's pages. He has a break down of every longhouse with detailed info of the pros and cons and room pictures and layouts. Here is the link http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/
My favorite longhouse is Hawaii (but that is club level only) so my second favorite is Tahiti. You have a Theme park view, a beach, and balconies on every level, patios on first floor, plus the rooms are HUGE.
You're going to have so much fun!!!
__________________


October 2010 Dolphin
March 2010 Poly
May 2009 Poly
2005 YC
2004 Celebration Hotel
1996 CBR
1994 Poly
1990 Poly
Many trips as a child...
figmentgirl is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #1403
carlnix30
DIS Veteran
 
carlnix30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,634

Aloha! It's me again. We have enjoyed the resort and enjoyed the parks! There is one drawback to staying here at the poly, my kids want to swim after all day at the park! It seems that the poly rejuvinates them. Darn pretty resort! Parks got a little busy in the last couple days, had to wait 20 minutes for expedition everest (LOL). I've met lots of travelers in the Resort. They all seem happy and content! The punch in cl yuuumee! (so my wife says) any questions you have I will try to find answer for you guys. Aloha
__________________

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #1404
miatamel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Deep South
Posts: 744

Help me fall in love?

Can y'all help me fall in love with the Poly?
I know, I ought to have my booty kicked. I'm booked for 5 nights at the Poly next week and I'm anxious and unsure and waffling. This is a very last minute trip and a first time at a deluxe resort, only second time ever on property. I was torn between WL, BC, AKL and Poly. Hubby nixed BC outright for reason reason. BC was considered for SAB. I booked on a spring discount code last week at very last second after convincing workaholic husband that we needed a vacation after 2.5 years. But why aren't I settled on it?? I can't get AKL out of my mind but my discount won't transfer and it will increase my bill $300-400 dollars. I'd love the animals but worry about the "remoteness" for my girls, 5 & 7 but thought hubby might like a place a tad more secluded and restful (is it?) They are all about the pool and the volcano excited them tho I've read that pool is small and might be extremely crowded. I also have kin that has asked to be moved from Poly due to "noise, smell and filth." She also said the pool was old and in need of repair. I've been on every site and read great reviews but it's that one, plus she said she had two friends that also have asked to be moved, that stick in my mind.

So I'm asking you obvious Poly lovers, help me fall in love with this choice!!
(Oh, we're not so much into the parks so location isn't a biggie--probably AK and DD maybe Epcot but not MK. I'm also worried about late check in--after 10:30pm and getting a crappy room)
miatamel is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #1405
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamel View Post
Can y'all help me fall in love with the Poly?
I know, I ought to have my booty kicked. I'm booked for 5 nights at the Poly next week and I'm anxious and unsure and waffling. This is a very last minute trip and a first time at a deluxe resort, only second time ever on property. I was torn between WL, BC, AKL and Poly. Hubby nixed BC outright for reason reason. BC was considered for SAB. I booked on a spring discount code last week at very last second after convincing workaholic husband that we needed a vacation after 2.5 years. But why aren't I settled on it?? I can't get AKL out of my mind but my discount won't transfer and it will increase my bill $300-400 dollars. I'd love the animals but worry about the "remoteness" for my girls, 5 & 7 but thought hubby might like a place a tad more secluded and restful (is it?) They are all about the pool and the volcano excited them tho I've read that pool is small and might be extremely crowded. I also have kin that has asked to be moved from Poly due to "noise, smell and filth." She also said the pool was old and in need of repair. I've been on every site and read great reviews but it's that one, plus she said she had two friends that also have asked to be moved, that stick in my mind.

So I'm asking you obvious Poly lovers, help me fall in love with this choice!!
(Oh, we're not so much into the parks so location isn't a biggie--probably AK and DD maybe Epcot but not MK. I'm also worried about late check in--after 10:30pm and getting a crappy room)

OK first of all take a deep breath!

You are over thinking your decision to the point of exhaustion. From what you have explained I get the feeling that you are looking for a relaxing stay and the Poly is perfect for that.

Every resort has negative reviews at times. If there is an issue of cleanliness bring it to the resorts attention so they can rectify it immediately. Personally I think they have done a great job of upkeep at the Poly.

The pool is wonderful as well as the beach. There is nothing better than being able to relax on the beach and watch the fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant.

I hope you can stop stressing and get excited for your trip. It sounds like you and your family are ready for some R&R.

Have a wonderful trip!
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #1406
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Also, check out the Poly Pics thread and the tiki website that is listed a couple posts above to get some more info!
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #1407
simplymama
Mouseketeer
 
simplymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamel View Post
Can y'all help me fall in love with the Poly?
I know, I ought to have my booty kicked. I'm booked for 5 nights at the Poly next week and I'm anxious and unsure and waffling. This is a very last minute trip and a first time at a deluxe resort, only second time ever on property. I was torn between WL, BC, AKL and Poly. Hubby nixed BC outright for reason reason. BC was considered for SAB. I booked on a spring discount code last week at very last second after convincing workaholic husband that we needed a vacation after 2.5 years. But why aren't I settled on it?? I can't get AKL out of my mind but my discount won't transfer and it will increase my bill $300-400 dollars. I'd love the animals but worry about the "remoteness" for my girls, 5 & 7 but thought hubby might like a place a tad more secluded and restful (is it?) They are all about the pool and the volcano excited them tho I've read that pool is small and might be extremely crowded. I also have kin that has asked to be moved from Poly due to "noise, smell and filth." She also said the pool was old and in need of repair. I've been on every site and read great reviews but it's that one, plus she said she had two friends that also have asked to be moved, that stick in my mind.

So I'm asking you obvious Poly lovers, help me fall in love with this choice!!
(Oh, we're not so much into the parks so location isn't a biggie--probably AK and DD maybe Epcot but not MK. I'm also worried about late check in--after 10:30pm and getting a crappy room)
I've only visited the AKL while staying at WL, but never stayed there, but IMO it is definitely not worth paying MORE to stay at. You lose the monorail and it's not really handy to much. The POLY is just so beautiful. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed. Just read through the posts in this thread, and I'm sure you'll put your worries to rest.
__________________
Katherine,
Polynesian Resort 1977(as a child),
Disneyland 1996(fist trip with dh)
Off Site Property Dec. 2000
Off Site Property April 2002,
Off site April 2003,
POR/Wilderness Lodge March 2004
Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club (RPC) June 2009,
Grand Floridian RPC/Boardwalk Inn Club August 2009,
BWI/Grand Floridian RPC August 2010,
Grand Floridian RPC July 2011,
Grand Floridian RPC March 2012
simplymama is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #1408
Mouskemom
Mouseketeer
 
Mouskemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 166

Channel 96

For those who have been at the Poly recently--- Was channel 96 available in the room? That's the channel with all of the Disney cartoons. The same channel they play in the children's waiting area in the hotel lobbies.

My kids loved it when we were at the BC a couple of years ago. A great way to zone out and relax for a while.
__________________
Me, DH , DS9 , DS7 , DS4
--------------------------------------------------
Beach Club - May 2007
Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2007
Polynesian - Nov 2009
Beach Club - May 2013
Mouskemom is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #1409
dmil
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 71

I just got off the phone with ADR. What a nightmare. On the phone over an hour and I didn't get all of the adv's I wanted. I got called out of town for work and couldn't call until 8:00 pm. I couldn't get a reservation until 8:55 pm for Ohana's. This is the hotel where we are staying. So upset. Today is 90 days out for us.

Sorry for venting.
__________________
dmil is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #1410
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmil View Post
I just got off the phone with ADR. What a nightmare. On the phone over an hour and I didn't get all of the adv's I wanted. I got called out of town for work and couldn't call until 8:00 pm. I couldn't get a reservation until 8:55 pm for Ohana's. This is the hotel where we are staying. So upset. Today is 90 days out for us.

Sorry for venting.
Keep calling back and see if they have a cancellation. If not when you get there, try changing times. It doesn't hurt to ask.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Everyone is going to Disneyland Resort Paris! Miffy2003 Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 3427 02-01-2012 06:18 PM
The Scrolling Tag Request Thread Strikes Again creativeamanda Community Board 620 03-20-2011 07:19 PM
10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) Thread #21! captchris Disney Cruise Meets 3739 04-20-2009 08:46 PM
Off site resort - Nickhotel - help! Ivette1980 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 27 04-05-2009 03:15 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 07:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: