Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #1381
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
We will be leaving for Detroit in a few hours and flying early a.m. tomorrow! Thanks to all who have posted the for our trip. No live reports from us, but I will give you my thoughts when I return. . .

Hold down the fort and see y'all in a couple of weeks! I'm sure it will be over too soon, but I have really enjoyed the anticipation this time around!
Bye Tess! have a fabulous time..

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 05-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #1382
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Leaving in 2 days for our "couples only" romance trip to the Poly!!!

First time there, so what little things should we try NOT to miss at the Poly?

Sara
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #1383
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

Our August (1st-8th) trip to the Poly will be full of 'first' for us. First monorail resort, first deluxe/deluxe resort, first CL room, first time letting a TA book my room, first time in August. I am the planner extraordinaire of our little family and usually have all the park days planned out fairly well. But the more I look at this trip and the more I see of the Poly, the more I think I want to just relax. Being August and usually hot Iím thinking this may be a time to just sit back, soak up the ambiance and enjoy the views, sights and sounds. Something that does not always coincide with Disney World and me. Relax.

Even though we are staying GV in Hawaii we do have a history of getting crappy rooms. Ever see those photos of the green roof view from WL. Thatís us. Ended up in the basement beside the elevators and laundry room at AKL (booked pool view, got nothing but bushes and sidewalk). I just have a feeling if there is a tree blocking any kind of views outside of a GV room in Hawaii, weíll find it. In the past it didnít matter so much because of our commando attitude. You know. Back to the room for the quick afternoon nap and gone again. But Iím thinking , if we are going to relax in the room and I get our standard crappy view room, Iím asking for a room change.

Anyhow thanks for listening and more importantly thanks for all the information. Already looking forward to Tonga Toast and the press pot for breakfast and multiple Dole Whips!
MickeyT,

Welcome! I think you'll love the Poly! It's a wonderful place to relax, plus a great place to stay at when visiting the parks. On our April trip, we enjoyed the parks in the early am and late pm, and spent the middle of each day at the Poly, relaxing by the pool and the beach and enjoying the lounge. I think that either way, you'll have a great time there -- it sounds like you're in the right frame of mind for the Poly!

As for your room view, definitely ask for a room change if you don't like the one you are given! The GV rooms in Hawaii looked to me like there were some wonderful views of the tropical gardens and the quiet pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
We will be leaving for Detroit in a few hours and flying early a.m. tomorrow! Thanks to all who have posted the for our trip. No live reports from us, but I will give you my thoughts when I return. . .

Hold down the fort and see y'all in a couple of weeks! I'm sure it will be over too soon, but I have really enjoyed the anticipation this time around!
Tess,

Have a great time at the Poly & we'll all be waiting to hear about your trip when you get back home.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #1384
Poohs#1fan
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to stop in and thank everyone. We just returned last night from our 10 days at the Poly. It was our first trip to Disney and it was awesome. The only small issue I had at the Poly was the lighting in the bathroom. Going with an almost 2 year old required some changing of expectations and plans, but the trip was amazing and we can't wait to go back and stay at the Poly again.
Oh and the crowds were definitely not 8s and 9s.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #1385
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Pooh's fan - I agree, the lighting is not bright enough for me in the bathroom, made doing my makeup for the evening difficult.

I am sorry to hear from other posts that our Arcade card incident was not an isolated one. It would be nice if they could get that worked out. It's one of those things in the package now that they probably don't really want you to use, a la SeaRacer minutes, PH cert, etc. WE thought it was a good treat for DS though while DD napped, and since she had a couple special experiences - hair braiding, CRT, etc. I was also going to take him to mini golf, but time got away from us for that.

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #1386
mmmears
DIS Veteran

We were having too much fun at the pool and the beach to find the time to check out the arcade and use our free 30mins. I guess that was a good thing, since it sounds like it would have been a frustrating experience.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #1387
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
What time did they do this? Was it nightly? -I didn't know the GF did a marshmallow roast. Did you bring your own marshmallows? I'll have to add that to my packing list.
Was this question answered as I need to know if we should bring some too..
Thanks.
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #1388
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Atm

Does anyone know which bank's ATM or ATM network is located at the Poly?
Thanks.
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #1389
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Does anyone know which bank's ATM or ATM network is located at the Poly?
Thanks.
Whenever you see an ATM at the Polynesian or anywhere in WDW it would be with Chase Bank.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #1390
donnajean17
Dreaming about my next trip....

Umm... Poly addict?

After reading through this thread, to say that I am now totally addicted to planning my first visit to the Poly is an understatement. We have only been back for a week from a 9 day stay at POP and I am already in planning mode.
DH and I have always LOVED the Poly and visit there everytime we are in WDW. We have never stayed there though, and vowed after this last trip (got sick of the buses really fast) that our next would be at the Poly, so we could take full advantage of the monorial (which my DS loves anyway) and besides we've never stayed at a Deluxe! This time we want to do TPV, DxDP. No holds barred we want to go all out!!
He is addicted to WDW as me so has giving me the green light to start planning!

First things first, is saving up! We want to go next April during DS and DD school vacation week (4/26-4/30) so that gives me about 10 months (since you have to be paid in full 45 days before) to put the savings plan in motion!

I'd love to hear feedback on the best buildings with TPV rooms, also are all TPV rooms located on upper floors with a balcony?? Just a few of the questions I am sure I will have over the next 11 months!!!!!

Dec 1979, April 1995, Dec 1996, Oct 1998, Sept 1999, March 2000, Oct 2002, Oct 2003, Feb 2007, April 2009, March 2010, May 2011
Old 05-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #1391
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question for anyone who has recently stayed at the Poly. Do they still serve Tonga Toast at Captain cook's? I was looking at the menu's from all ears and it's not on there?? My husband loves tonga toast and we don't have time for a sit down breakfast. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #1392
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I have a quick question for anyone who has recently stayed at the Poly. Do they still serve Tonga Toast at Captain cook's? I was looking at the menu's from all ears and it's not on there?? My husband loves tonga toast and we don't have time for a sit down breakfast. Thanks.
Yes they still serve Tonga Toast.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #1393
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Leaving in 2 days for our "couples only" romance trip to the Poly!!!

First time there, so what little things should we try NOT to miss at the Poly?

Sara
Be sure to enjoy the grounds in the evening...so lovely and romantic. The walk from the GF to the Polynesian is so peaceful anytime and especially lovely in the evening. Make sure you ride the launch at least once at night...magical.

Two days to go! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs#1fan View Post
I just wanted to stop in and thank everyone. We just returned last night from our 10 days at the Poly. It was our first trip to Disney and it was awesome. The only small issue I had at the Poly was the lighting in the bathroom. Going with an almost 2 year old required some changing of expectations and plans, but the trip was amazing and we can't wait to go back and stay at the Poly again.
Oh and the crowds were definitely not 8s and 9s.
Glad your first trip was awesome. Little ones do create some unexpected changes, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Was this question answered as I need to know if we should bring some too..
Thanks.
Smores packs are sold. I think read they are $7 or 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajean17 View Post
After reading through this thread, to say that I am now totally addicted to planning my first visit to the Poly is an understatement. We have only been back for a week from a 9 day stay at POP and I am already in planning mode.
DH and I have always LOVED the Poly and visit there everytime we are in WDW. We have never stayed there though, and vowed after this last trip (got sick of the buses really fast) that our next would be at the Poly, so we could take full advantage of the monorial (which my DS loves anyway) and besides we've never stayed at a Deluxe! This time we want to do TPV, DxDP. No holds barred we want to go all out!!
He is addicted to WDW as me so has giving me the green light to start planning!

First things first, is saving up! We want to go next April during DS and DD school vacation week (4/26-4/30) so that gives me about 10 months (since you have to be paid in full 45 days before) to put the savings plan in motion!

I'd love to hear feedback on the best buildings with TPV rooms, also are all TPV rooms located on upper floors with a balcony?? Just a few of the questions I am sure I will have over the next 11 months!!!!!
I've always had the impression that TPV could be on any floor as long as the view was unobstructed. It's been years since we've stayed in that category and it was called lagoon view back then. I'm sure others will be along with more recent experiences but I wanted to congratulate you. Happy Polynesian planning.

sandym718, I really enjoyed your report.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #1394
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
We were having too much fun at the pool and the beach to find the time to check out the arcade and use our free 30mins. I guess that was a good thing, since it sounds like it would have been a frustrating experience.
We used the free 30 minutes arcade card at the Grand Floridian. The checkout lady told us that it is 30 minutes of continuous play. What that means is that you can only play 1 game at a time. So, once the time runs out for the 1st game you play, then you can swipe it for another game. It was very confusing and I had 3 little girls I was trying to split it for! They still had fun but had to wait their turns.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #1395
Mrs.Prince
Mouseketeer

How much are the arcade cards?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: