Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #901
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Thanks mmmears. Sounds pretty similar to what we experienced last Summer. Not sure why IPO is refusing to provide us with a menu. Kind of irritating to be honest. I will be very dissapointed if I show up and the menu is exactly as it has been for the past year or so. Not dissapointed that the menu is the same, but that IPO would not just say so so that we can plan accordingly.
I understand. What IPO did send us was the times of the food offerings. Like, 7-10am breakfast, 11-4 snacks, etc. But they did not say what was included in them. My guess is so that they can change it at any minute and not have guests complaining that they aren't serving what was expected. The days of the week on Tikiman's site still did correspond with what they were offering, though. Hope this helps!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #902
KimDis
Belle of The Ball

I'm pretty certain that IPO still has a menu, though, even if they won't provide it. My mom's vegetarian and the IPO consulted one last month during my call to discuss if there would be any options for her in the lounge. She went over day by day menus.
1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #903
DisneyDreamer2
DIS Veteran

Leaving for the airport now. See you at the Poly!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #904
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer2 View Post
Have fun!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #905
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I understand. What IPO did send us was the times of the food offerings. Like, 7-10am breakfast, 11-4 snacks, etc. But they did not say what was included in them. My guess is so that they can change it at any minute and not have guests complaining that they aren't serving what was expected. The days of the week on Tikiman's site still did correspond with what they were offering, though. Hope this helps!
That makes sense. I suppose they can't win. Some people will be upset if they can't get the menu ahead of time and others would complain if something on the menu isn't served. No win situation.

Quote:
Have a great time! Aloha!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #906
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Sorry so quiet for so long but work has been absolutely crazy. Such is the joyous life of an Engineer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
Clarification (for me), Lagoon View rooms obviously have Lagoon Views But is it possible with SOME LV rooms to see MK? Just not a clear, unobstructed view? From what I've been reading, MK can be seen from some of the LV rooms. You just may have to look to the side. Or am I wrong?
Like BCV23 said, you are exactly right. I had a LV room in the Tuvalu longhouse that had the bottom 1/3rd of Cinderella's castle obstructed by Beachcomber Island but I could see the Main Street train station and also Space Mountain.

Quote:
We loved the Poly, but thought that the GF would be nicely decorated for xmas.
The GF is obscenely (in a good way) decorated for Christmas! One of the things I loved about staying at the Poly is that a quick monorail ride away we could enjoy the traditional Christmas decorations at the GF. Be sure to check and see if they have roasted chestnuts. Yum!

Quote:
Have an AWESOME time! I wish I was stowing away in your bags.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #907
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a fun trip! Lucky you!!!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #908
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great trip! I look forward to hearing all about your trip.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #909
NJ2Boardwalk

DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post that the IPO made all of our reservations almost to the tee. We got every restaurant we wanted and the times were off by at most 10 minutes on a few. I'm loving concierge so far.
Wilderness Lodge 10/31-11/9/2001~Boardwalk 9/8-9/17/2004~Coronado Springs 7/25-7/31/2005~Boardwalk Villas 10/7-10/14/2005~Swan 7/4/2006 & Grand Floridian, 7/5-7/12/2006~Boardwalk Villas 8/21-8/29/2007~Contemporary MK VIEW 7/31-8/7/2008~7/26-8/1/2009 Polynesian Club Level &-8/1-8/8/2009 Beach Club~Saratoga 2bd Villa 11/4-11/8/09~Grand Floridian 7/16-7/24/10~Old Key West Studio 11/2-11/6/10~Saratoga Springs 3 Bd Villa 12/8-12/11/10~Grand Floridian 6/17-6/25/2011~

Old 04-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #910
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimDis View Post
I'm pretty certain that IPO still has a menu, though, even if they won't provide it. My mom's vegetarian and the IPO consulted one last month during my call to discuss if there would be any options for her in the lounge. She went over day by day menus.
My sister is a vegetarian and we are staying club level this December. Was you mother pleased with the offerings or did they do something special for her?
First trip in Dec 1983 | Aug, 1991 - Offsite | May, 1992 - Offsite | Nov, 1996 - Caribbean Beach | May, 1997 - Boardwalk | July, 2004 - Offsite | May, 2005 - Old Key West | Oct, 2006 - Old Key West | Feb, 2007 - Offsite |May, 2007 - Caribbean Beach | Dec, 2009 - Polynesian | Oct, 2010 - Bonnet Creek (Yes, I know - Offsite) | Dec, 2010 - All Star Sports | March, 2011 - All Star Music | July, 2011 - All Star Movies | Nov, 2011- Port Orleans Riverside| Oct, 2012 - Bonnet Creek | March, 2013 - Art of Animation | March, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside | Oct, 2014, Yacht Club
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #911
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Hi!
I just wanted to jump in here and say I just booked the POLY for our June trip!!

It will be our first time staying here. I requested Aotearoa building and a room with a balcony. I hope that was a good choice? We are not going to the parks and will just be at the resort for 4 days to enjoy swimming and relaxing!(we are DVC'ers and we just went in Jan and will be back in Nov so no parks this time!)

I plan on reading this entire thread tonight so I can learn everything I can about this resort!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #912
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2Boardwalk View Post
Just wanted to post that the IPO made all of our reservations almost to the tee. We got every restaurant we wanted and the times were off by at most 10 minutes on a few. I'm loving concierge so far.

That is awesome news. How exciting!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #913
tcolling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
We are not going to the parks and will just be at the resort for 4 days to enjoy swimming and relaxing!(we are DVC'ers and we just went in Jan and will be back in Nov so no parks this time!)
Sounds like a lot of fun. So far, my wife and I have had two action packed trips to WDW. On a trip like this, do you resort hop to do a variety of dining options at other resorts (which are your faves?) and what else do you do. Even after two trips, I don't feel like I have experienced everything that the parks have to offer, so I wondered what you would do on this trip?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #914
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Our (wonderful) IPO at the CR (she is also at the GF) sent me this response today regarding my request for specific lounge offerings and times:

"Unfortunately, we do not have a standard menu for the lounges as offerings are subject to change, and in the case of the evening service, the hors d'oeuvres, sides offerings, and children's selections change daily. If you have any allergy concerns, I'd be happy to research which items may be of a problem and should be avoided."

Then she followed-up with the standard offerings and times. I suspect the same answer is being given to guests at the other club levels.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #915
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Our (wonderful) IPO at the CR (she is also at the GF) sent me this response today regarding my request for specific lounge offerings and times:

"Unfortunately, we do not have a standard menu for the lounges as offerings are subject to change, and in the case of the evening service, the hors d'oeuvres, sides offerings, and children's selections change daily. If you have any allergy concerns, I'd be happy to research which items may be of a problem and should be avoided."

Then she followed-up with the standard offerings and times. I suspect the same answer is being given to guests at the other club levels.
I think you are correct there. We also asked at AKL and were given the standard list of serving times. I really think that they don't want to be held accountable if they decide to change something or if they run out of an item. My guess is that you wont be able to get more detailed information.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: