Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #886
feline figaro
WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

Smile Help with room request

We re flying out next sunday & will be staying at the Poly for the first time to celebrate our Disney wedding/Honeymoon

We normally fax the resort with room requests before we leave & in previous attempts in doing so have a few times been lucky to have them met However we no very little about the Poly to have an idea wheres a nice quite location .

Can any one give us some recommendations?

We ve booked a Garden View room, really want to have a balcony in a fairly quite location with a nice view.

Any help would greatly be appreciated
Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #887
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
We are staying at the Poly for the first time June 3-10. I have requested to stay in Tokelau; second or third floor. For all you Poly experts what are our chances of getting our request during this time of year? Should we have a back-up plan?

Thanks in advance.
Make a back up plan just in case. I've found that when I can give the CM other choices I might like at check in I usually don't have any problem getting where I want to be in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda_stella View Post
Subscribing! FH and I just upgraded our resort to the Polynesian. We only have one honeymoon right?! We're so excited! Now I'm just rushing around researching. We were lucky and were able to book Kona cafe, Ohana breakfast, and Ohana dinner for our stay too! Can't wait!
Congratulations! Have a wonderful wedding and a magical honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I'm here! Kids r napping in room with dad so I can shop at Boutiki. We got a great room in Tokelau on ground floor. If we walk out a couple feet, we can see the castle!! Garden view price though Husband loves piña colavas & me too
Awesome room location and view! Glad you're having fun - and have a great time shopping at BouTiki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
I'm officially married and I leave for WDW in 9 hours! Woot!

Talk to you guys when I get back in a week!
Congratulations on your successful wedding (well, you did get married, right? So it was successful ) and I hope you're having a truly magical honeymoon.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #888
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How wonderful!
Congratulations, Best Wishes and have FUN!!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #889
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feline figaro View Post
We re flying out next sunday & will be staying at the Poly for the first time to celebrate our Disney wedding/Honeymoon

We normally fax the resort with room requests before we leave & in previous attempts in doing so have a few times been lucky to have them met However we no very little about the Poly to have an idea wheres a nice quite location .

Can any one give us some recommendations?

We ve booked a Garden View room, really want to have a balcony in a fairly quite location with a nice view.

Any help would greatly be appreciated
If peace and quiet is what you are seeking along with a balcony, I would request Tahiti. All three floors of this building have a patio (first) or balcony (second & third). The GV rooms overlook lush vegetation and pathways.

Here's a little for your honeymoon--maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who scores an upgrade! Congrats and enjoy your trip.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #890
feline figaro
WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
If peace and quiet is what you are seeking along with a balcony, I would request Tahiti. All three floors of this building have a patio (first) or balcony (second & third). The GV rooms overlook lush vegetation and pathways.

Here's a little for your honeymoon--maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who scores an upgrade! Congrats and enjoy your trip.

Just checked out Tahiti on Tikiman's site but noticed that they mentioned it to be great for Lagoon & MK views. We ve only booked a Garden View room though, can you still get Garden View rooms in Tahiti with a balcony?

Wishful thinking re the upgrade, fingers crossed
Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #891
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:

Just checked out Tahiti on Tikiman's site but noticed that they mentioned it to be great for Lagoon & MK views. We ve only booked a Garden View room though, can you still get Garden View rooms in Tahiti with a balcony?

Yes, one-half of the building is GV, the other LV/MKV. All rooms have either patio or balcony.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #892
DeborahB
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes, all 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have balconies in this longhouse. The rooms are also larger than in some of the older buildings.

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #893
DeborahB
Mouseketeer

Oops, sorry Tess, looks like we posted at the same time!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #894
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Clarification (for me), Lagoon View rooms obviously have Lagoon Views But is it possible with SOME LV rooms to see MK? Just not a clear, unobstructed view? From what I've been reading, MK can be seen from some of the LV rooms. You just may have to look to the side. Or am I wrong?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #895
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
Clarification (for me), Lagoon View rooms obviously have Lagoon Views But is it possible with SOME LV rooms to see MK? Just not a clear, unobstructed view? From what I've been reading, MK can be seen from some of the LV rooms. You just may have to look to the side. Or am I wrong?
You're exactly right.

Congratulations, CAJUNWDWFAN! Have a wonderful honeymoon.

feline figaro, you too!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #896
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I'm here! Kids r napping in room with dad so I can shop at Boutiki. We got a great room in Tokelau on ground floor. If we walk out a couple feet, we can see the castle!! Garden view price though Husband loves piña colavas & me too
Hope you're having a WONDERFUL trip!

Quote:

Congratulations. Have a magical beginning to your marriage!

mmmears - Looks like you have another countdown ticker! What fun!

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #897
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post
mmmears - Looks like you have another countdown ticker! What fun!
We booked a xmas bounceback offer (less days than our last trip), but I'm not entirely sure we are going until I get the airline tickets. But, DH helped me make the ticker (he's never done that before!), so that's a good sign that we won't have to cancel this one! We loved the Poly, but thought that the GF would be nicely decorated for xmas.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #898
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
You're exactly right.

Congratulations, CAJUNWDWFAN! Have a wonderful honeymoon.

feline figaro, you too!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #899
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Be careful with Tahiti/GV. We once requested Tahiti/upper level/corner room and got just what we asked for - a corner room on the east end with a horrible partial parking lot view AND the smoker's bench right in front of us.

Tikiman's site is great for viewing overhead images of the longhouses. You can really tell what kind of view each longhouse offers.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #900
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
We were there last week, and the menu was pretty much the same as listed on Tikiman's website, with a few changes. There were Aloha Drumsticks instead of Kona chicken, no potstickers ever (that I saw), but we did skip a night, and the 'Ohana potatoes are replaced with the noodles. It was pretty close to what we were expecting, though, so I don't know why they are saying it is not.
Thanks mmmears. Sounds pretty similar to what we experienced last Summer. Not sure why IPO is refusing to provide us with a menu. Kind of irritating to be honest. I will be very dissapointed if I show up and the menu is exactly as it has been for the past year or so. Not dissapointed that the menu is the same, but that IPO would not just say so so that we can plan accordingly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: