Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #826
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
What exactly is the third floor?
They have extra tables, a couch, another tv and a bathroom.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #827
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
In all the years we have stayed, these have been complete nonissues.

Our rooms (both GV & LV), have been well-maintained and cleaned. The CMs in the lounge have been wonderful. I will grant that there has been a CM or two at the desks who were less than magical, but happy to report they didn't last long at the Polynesian.

An untidy room would not make my stay happy either, at any price.
I absolutely agree, Tess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the information, tips about the Poly, and general comradarie! Me and the family leave very early tomorrow morning mountain time so by this time tomorrow, I should be checking into the Poly! Hope to see some of you fellow DIS posters there. I told my husband to listen for anyone asking for Tinkerbellie16 although he did give me a funny look

I will try my best to send some live updates via the iphone (thanks to mmmears tips!) but please forgive me if I don't - I'm on vacation and I may have had too many pina colavas

Have a wonderful trip!
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #828
momjkm
DIS Veteran

Hi all--- considering staying at poly if good AP rates come out (staying now at WL, our 3rd time)...
question about transportation (or link to the answers)
1) which is faster: boat from MK to Poly ( I know it stops at GF 1st, I think)
or the monoral from MK to Poly

2) I will have a GV- how long would the longest walk be to the TTC (from the fartherest longhouse)... we are average speed walkers

thanks Jill
Old 04-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #829
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

This may not be the correct thread to ask, but it does relate to the Poly. Is the Tonga Toast in Captain Cook's the same as Kona Cafe?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #830
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
This may not be the correct thread to ask, but it does relate to the Poly. Is the Tonga Toast in Captain Cook's the same as Kona Cafe?
From what I remember reading, it is.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #831
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for all the information, tips about the Poly, and general comradarie! Me and the family leave very early tomorrow morning mountain time so by this time tomorrow, I should be checking into the Poly! Hope to see some of you fellow DIS posters there. I told my husband to listen for anyone asking for Tinkerbellie16 although he did give me a funny look

I will try my best to send some live updates via the iphone (thanks to mmmears tips!) but please forgive me if I don't - I'm on vacation and I may have had too many pina colavas

Have a fantastic trip!!! I hope the iPhone works for there! And enjoy your piña colavas!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #832
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjkm View Post
Hi all--- considering staying at poly if good AP rates come out (staying now at WL, our 3rd time)...

2) I will have a GV- how long would the longest walk be to the TTC (from the fartherest longhouse)... we are average speed walkers

thanks Jill
JILL,

The boat from poly to mk is slower than the monorail, however the boat is much more relaxing. think gentle boat ride verses crowded monorail.

the longest walk to ttc from longhouses is 10-12 minutes.

visit Tikimans pages.. he has all info and will convince even the most un decided indvidual if it is right for you and your family.

my wife and I LOVED the wilderness lodge but we decided to stay at poly after visiting tikimans pages and talking on this thread!!

you can get there by going here http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvqfx4noyyefig.png[/img]
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #833
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Me and the family leave very early tomorrow morning mountain time so by this time tomorrow, I should be checking into the Poly!

Hope you have a great trip and looking forward to those pina colava inspired trip reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjkm View Post

thanks Jill
I liked the monorail going to MK and the ferry boat back to Poly. This way I could get to MK quickly, and then enjoy a nice relaxing boat ride back to the resort.

Quote:
It is the same, but the Kona Cafe serves a strawberry compote with the Tonga Toast. Honestly, I liked the Tonga Toast a lot better without the strawberry compote. It's sweet enough without adding anything to it.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #834
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:

Have a safe trip down there....we are heading out for our flight tomorrow night and will stay at the Hyatt in the airport, then check in first thing Sat morning at the Poly!! Can't wait!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #835
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes!! We had planned one breakfast at Kona specifically for the Tonga Toast because we didn't realize that we'd be able to get it at Capt'n Cooks. We ordered it the very first day and it was exactly the same - DELICIOUS! So we cancelled out Kona adr (and ordered it a few more times at Capt'n Cooks too!). Maybe upstairs in Kona you could request it without the bananas (I think I recall that) but I didn't see that as an option downstairs. Then again, I love it with the bananas so maybe I just didn't notice if that was an option.

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #836
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Have a safe trip down there....we are heading out for our flight tomorrow night and will stay at the Hyatt in the airport, then check in first thing Sat morning at the Poly!! Can't wait!!

MJ
MJ, have a safe trip and great vacation at the Polynesian. Aloha!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #837
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmiele View Post
Yes!! We had planned one breakfast at Kona specifically for the Tonga Toast because we didn't realize that we'd be able to get it at Capt'n Cooks. We ordered it the very first day and it was exactly the same - DELICIOUS! So we cancelled out Kona adr (and ordered it a few more times at Capt'n Cooks too!). Maybe upstairs in Kona you could request it without the bananas (I think I recall that) but I didn't see that as an option downstairs. Then again, I love it with the bananas so maybe I just didn't notice if that was an option.
I don't suppose they serve the macadamia pancakes at Capt'n Cooks?

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #838
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I don't suppose they serve the macadamia pancakes at Capt'n Cooks?
unfortunately no.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #839
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

MJ
Have a wonderful trip!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #840
tcolling
Mouseketeer

Quote:

MJ
This is a great idea. On my most recent trip our flight was scheduled to arrive at 11:30 pm on a Friday night and we weren't in our resort room until 1:30 am. Of course, we were able to hit a Typhoon Lagoon by its 10:00 am open.

How does the price compare for your one night at the airport Hyatt vs. the rate at the Poly? If it is a significant cost savings, I could see doing this on future trips. I could also see this being a large plus that you could check in and have the family in bed, while one person gathers the luggage on a rolling cart.

When we visited a few years ago, we had the earliest possible flight but weren't really able to get to a park on the first day until 1:30 pm. (crowded conditions prompted us to try something different this time.)

I could see sleeping at the Hyatt, doing an early check in at the hotel and still making it to a park by 11:00 (and probably just starting with Epcot's World Showcase).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: