Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #796
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
I was successful in getting all of my requested ADR's today.....
Aww. Congratulations! Isn't that a great feeling? Now all you have to do now is sit back and second guess yourself for the next 3 months! At least, that's what I do!!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 AOA here we come!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #797
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo-Hoo! Congrats on the ADRs -- I know how hard it can be!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #798
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have the same issue with my wife..who thinks all of the "magic" just happens when you book your trip...
I guess SOMEONE has to be the planner. If you're like me, you don't really mind being the one "elected" to the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
OMG - thank goodness that someone else does this (and from the thread, it seems that another person does this as well!) I started to wonder if I was a little, um, off my rocker

I've got all my 'Mouse Tips' ready to go - up to 68 pages worth - just some light reading for me as I go through the parks
You are in good company w/your planning. I plan to hand over my transportation/monorail/etc. 'mouse tips' over to DH a couple of days ahead of time. I'm somewhat directionally challenged. And he should have ownership in some part of the planning, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
I had typed out all of my mousetips on my last vacation to WDW...and besides checking my ADR times, I didn't look at it or adhere to half of the scheduling I had planned! I got back and unpacked my suitcase and thought, wow was my vacation different than I planned. problem with us, though, is we went when it was much too hot for us (Sept) and we both melted and we only actually spent a few hours here and there at the parks. I'm sure April weather will be much more tolerable! Are you all packed? I just started tonight but feel the pressure mounting now. Do you remember when it seemed so far away, and now, I wish I had one more weekend to get things done!

I'm leaving in four days so I'll check out the situation and be happy to post when I get back
No...say it isn't so. Not use my PLAN!? Have a wonderful trip! How is DD feeling? I wrote down the phone numbers of:

House Calls (doctors to your room): (407) 238-2000
Turner Drugs (for Rx): (407) 828-8125
But I'm sure you won't need them. Prayers for a healthy, happy trip!

Quote:
Another bit of MAGIC your wife will think "just happened." Congrats! It's great to have that lined up, isn't it?!

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
Old 04-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #799
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post
I guess SOMEONE has to be the planner. If you're like me, you don't really mind being the one "elected" to the position.

Another bit of MAGIC your wife will think "just happened." Congrats! It's great to have that lined up, isn't it?!
I don't mind..planning the trip is part of the fun......
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #800
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't mind..planning the trip is part of the fun......
That's how I see it too (except when I'm on hold for over an hour to CRO, that is). Planning a trip to WDW is definitely part of the fun!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #801
Trishtack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

A number of the longhouses have accessible rooms now but Rapa Nui has the most. The good news is that the rooms there are huge, there is a parking lot right by it if you will have a car and the TTC for easy transport via ferry to the MK or monorail to Epcot is a two minute walk. The bad new is that the accessible bathrooms in Rapa Nui need some TLC.

Thanks for the info. Based on this I decided to call Disney and see if I could get additional information. Hmm..not a good idea. We booked using Small World and as 7 people (yes count them 7 people) informed me only the travel agent can request the specific room. I explained patiently and then not so patiently that I couldn't make my request to the travel agent if I didn't know what to ask for. Finally on the 7th call I was transferred to a Special Reservations agent who informed me that my agent..well you know. I guess he heard my frustration and checked and stated that we have a special needs room on hold for our stay in the Number 11 longhouse (which he didn't know the name but only that it is the one with the most rooms) so I am guessing that is the Rapa Nui. Which means no beach view possibility. I am so disappointed in how much effort it takes to get basic information from Disney. My questions can't be new. Anyway thanks! I'll take my request over to the disAbilities thread as I know I'm OT here but I am grateful to get to rant and share.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #802
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

Poly Fax Number

Does anyone have the fax # for the Poly handy? Thanks in advance!

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
Old 04-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #803
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Things are just going too well.

1. The 4/3 deal got me a great rate for the Poly!
2. DH agreed to buying the DxDDP!
3. I got all the ADR's and times I wanted!
4. My Magic Express luggage tags arrived last week!
5. My travel documents arrived today!
6. While shopping last weekend, I found a new swimsuit that I can actually wear and not die of embarrassment!
7. All my shorts from last year still fit!

Everything seems to be coming together perfectly. I'm scared...
Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #804
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
6. While shopping last weekend, I found a new swimsuit that I can actually wear and not die of embarrassment!

I wish you even more pixie dust! Just make sure you relax and enjoy yourself when you go. My granny always told me that when everything goes right, don't go messin' with it!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #805
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post

Old 04-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #806
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishtack View Post
Thanks for the info. Based on this I decided to call Disney and see if I could get additional information. Hmm..not a good idea. We booked using Small World and as 7 people (yes count them 7 people) informed me only the travel agent can request the specific room. I explained patiently and then not so patiently that I couldn't make my request to the travel agent if I didn't know what to ask for. Finally on the 7th call I was transferred to a Special Reservations agent who informed me that my agent..well you know. I guess he heard my frustration and checked and stated that we have a special needs room on hold for our stay in the Number 11 longhouse (which he didn't know the name but only that it is the one with the most rooms) so I am guessing that is the Rapa Nui. Which means no beach view possibility. I am so disappointed in how much effort it takes to get basic information from Disney. My questions can't be new. Anyway thanks! I'll take my request over to the disAbilities thread as I know I'm OT here but I am grateful to get to rant and share.
Rapa Nui has the most accessible rooms to the best of my knowledge but not the most rooms in total. Both Tokelau and Tahiti are larger.

Since you booked gardenview room, there was little chance that you would have a beach view. I think there are a few rooms in Tokelau and Aotearoa with a beach view as well as one side of Fiji. For the most part, gardenview means just that.

Sorry to hear of your frustration. We always book our own rooms and reading your post makes me appreciate one more reason to do so.

The disAbilities forum is a great resource.

Hope your trip is magical!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #807
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post

No...say it isn't so. Not use my PLAN!? Have a wonderful trip! How is DD feeling? I wrote down the phone numbers of:

House Calls (doctors to your room): (407) 238-2000
Turner Drugs (for Rx): (407) 828-8125
But I'm sure you won't need them. Prayers for a healthy, happy trip!
Thank you for your well wishes and the phone numbers, very helpful! My DD is feeling better and is on the tail end of her cold. A little congested but not too bad. I thought I had a cold too, but I'm wondering if mine are allergies? I took a zyrtec last night and ZZZZZZZZ I"ve been congestion free all day, but so tired. I think I'll take one before the flight, but then rely on the Florida sun to bake out whatever congestion I have left
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #808
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Thank you for your well wishes and the phone numbers, very helpful! My DD is feeling better and is on the tail end of her cold. A little congested but not too bad. I thought I had a cold too, but I'm wondering if mine are allergies? I took a zyrtec last night and ZZZZZZZZ I"ve been congestion free all day, but so tired. I think I'll take one before the flight, but then rely on the Florida sun to bake out whatever congestion I have left
Glad to hear you're both doing better.

NJBill, congratulations on the dining reservations!

summersalt, glad it's all coming together so well.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #809
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
So true about the mousetips!!! It does keep me occupied on the airplane though. I can't wait - only 2 days!! I told my husband that I was ready NOW and he said he hasn't packed yet. WHAT???? We've only had 7 months

I'll see you at the pool
I still haven't packed yet. I'm going to play hooky from work on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Lissiesmum:
I'm leaving in four days so I'll check out the situation and be happy to post when I get back.

Nuie seems to be one of the lesser mentioned longhouses. No one has voted for it in my Poly longhouse poll, Tikiman and the Dis don't seem to have any review links for it. Maybe it's an undiscovered longhouse gem?!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, lissiesmum!
Thanks, WDWKOOK! It's a crazy time in my life right now, and I need this vacation more than anyone really knows!

Quote:
Congratulations! Now just wait until you change and update them until you actually travel. I added another ADR a few days back and the CM said, "wow, you've had a lot of reservations here I see!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Glad to hear you're both doing better.
Thanks BCV23! Funny how I haven't packed yet and here I am continuing to read on the Poly thread! Guess I'd better go and get a few things done anyway. Have a great night everyone
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #810
JPN4265
Don't ask the question, you may not like the answer.

Just a simple question. Why no King size beds in the rooms. You can only get one in the suites.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: