Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #781
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Poly Pic Thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1591953
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #782
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
would you be so kind to post the link to the Poly pics thread?? I've looked but can't find it. But then again, when you read for so long on here, your eyes gets tired!
Here ya go
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1591953
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #783
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Old 04-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #784
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Ewwwwww.... was Niue once a smoking longhouse? If so, I would NOT choose to stay in it. That would make choosing Samoa easy!
You would have never known that Nuie at one time allowed smoking. The whole place was cleaned and things replaced so no odor remained.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #785
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
You would have never known that Nuie at one time allowed smoking. The whole place was cleaned and things replaced so no odor remained.
Thanks. A PP mentioned that Nuie can get a lot of foot traffic from Samoa, so now I am considering either Tokelau (east or west) or Samoa (east-quiet pool). Any thoughts anyone?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #786
Trishtack
Mouseketeer

Hi - First time staying at Disney. We are booked for the Poly 9/26 - 10/2. DH is paralyzed from navel down. He is still adjusting to illness and will spend a fair amount of time in room. I was hoping to stay in the Hawaii. Is this a good choice? What are the chances of getting upgraded to a room with a view? I would love him to be able to see the lagoon and fireworks from the room.

Anyone have any suggestions on which longhouse? How about our chances of geting upgraded?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #787
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
OMG - thank goodness that someone else does this (and from the thread, it seems that another person does this as well!) I started to wonder if I was a little, um, off my rocker

I've got all my 'Mouse Tips' ready to go - up to 68 pages worth - just some light reading for me as I go through the parks
I had typed out all of my mousetips on my last vacation to WDW...and besides checking my ADR times, I didn't look at it or adhere to half of the scheduling I had planned! I got back and unpacked my suitcase and thought, wow was my vacation different than I planned. problem with us, though, is we went when it was much too hot for us (Sept) and we both melted and we only actually spent a few hours here and there at the parks. I'm sure April weather will be much more tolerable! Are you all packed? I just started tonight but feel the pressure mounting now. Do you remember when it seemed so far away, and now, I wish I had one more weekend to get things done!

Quote:
Thanks. A PP mentioned that Nuie can get a lot of foot traffic from Samoa, so now I am considering either Tokelau (east or west) or Samoa (east-quiet pool). Any thoughts anyone?
I'm leaving in four days so I'll check out the situation and be happy to post when I get back
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #788
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishtack View Post
Hi - First time staying at Disney. We are booked for the Poly 9/26 - 10/2. DH is paralyzed from navel down. He is still adjusting to illness and will spend a fair amount of time in room. I was hoping to stay in the Hawaii. Is this a good choice? What are the chances of getting upgraded to a room with a view? I would love him to be able to see the lagoon and fireworks from the room.

Anyone have any suggestions on which longhouse? How about our chances of geting upgraded?

Thanks!
Hawaii is a great location but it is club level only...sorry if you already knew that. Anyway, if you want that the good news is you can book it rather than just request a longhouse. However, if he needs a roll in shower, there are no lagoon view rooms in Hawaii with one last I knew. There is at least one gardenview room with a roll in shower...we stayed in it last May. There is another room that is accessible but I don't know if that has a shower or tub.

A number of the longhouses have accessible rooms now but Rapa Nui has the most. The good news is that the rooms there are huge, there is a parking lot right by it if you will have a car and the TTC for easy transport via ferry to the MK or monorail to Epcot is a two minute walk. The bad new is that the accessible bathrooms in Rapa Nui need some TLC.

As for upgrades, I would not get your hopes up. I know they happen but we've stayed there over 30 times and have never had one.

I hope your family has an absolutely wonderful vacation!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #789
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
I had typed out all of my mousetips on my last vacation to WDW...and besides checking my ADR times, I didn't look at it or adhere to half of the scheduling I had planned! I got back and unpacked my suitcase and thought, wow was my vacation different than I planned. problem with us, though, is we went when it was much too hot for us (Sept) and we both melted and we only actually spent a few hours here and there at the parks. I'm sure April weather will be much more tolerable! Are you all packed? I just started tonight but feel the pressure mounting now. Do you remember when it seemed so far away, and now, I wish I had one more weekend to get things done!

I'm leaving in four days so I'll check out the situation and be happy to post when I get back
I know the feeling about waiting and waiting then wishing we had one more week to prepare! I think you'll be so happy you're going in April -- we had the ideal weather: sunny, warm, and low humidity. We didn't wilt at all!

4 Days!!! Woo-hoo! That's really soon! I hope you and your DD are feeling better and have a great time at the Poly! And say "hi" to Remy for us -- he really is the cutest little chef I've ever met!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #790
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
If you stay at the Swan and Dolphin there is something/benefit you miss out on (which I can't remember what it is right this minute) because even though it is on Disney Property, it isn't a Disney owned hotel. Someone on here who will remember what I can't at this moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
From what I remember from listening to the podcast, you can't use Magical Express with the Swan & Dolphin. Also, you can't have purchases bought in the park sent to your resort. I believe those were the 2 main things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I think you also can't be on the dining plan (no biggie to me, but a big deal to some people).

Also, I'm not sure that you can charge stuff to your room from the parks (that would be a big deal to me).

S/D is in a great location, though, so for me that would make up for a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
No, no, no - Don't give up the Poly Club Level!!!

Although the Swan & Dolphin sound like wonderful hotels, IMO they just don't compare to the Poly: Theme, location, room views, transportation options, restaurants, pools, monorail access, and proximity to MK.

I am also not a fan of split stays - but in this instance, I definitely vote for keeping 7 nights at the Poly, with the 2 additional nights at the Swan or Dolphin.

Good Luck!
Thank you everyone for the info and advice. My DH is leaning towards the Poly, but he booked 2 rooms at the Dolphin in case we go that route. I like the extra space and being near the Boardwalk, but DH likes the ability to jump on the monorail. We'll have our car, so no ME to worry about. My DH likes being able to charge everything back to the room, doesn't much matter to me. DH said the ressie agent told him that packages bought in the parks could be sent to the gift shop in the Dolphin lobby though. Decisions, decisions...

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #791
WOODY13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would go with Tokelau. Samoa is closer to the GCH and the main pool but the rooms are bigger at Tokelau and it is closer to the TTC. When we were there in 2007 we had Samoa and my sister had Tokelau. I was suprised that the room was bigger in Tokelau. Also if this matters no balconies on the second floor of Samoa.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #792
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

We are planning on booking a trip for June 2010 for our 10 year anniversary at the Poly. I'm so excited-I have always wanted to stay there!!! This will be our first trip without the kids-any suggestions for a quiet standard view room/bldg? TIA!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #793
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post

So true about the mousetips!!! It does keep me occupied on the airplane though. I can't wait - only 2 days!! I told my husband that I was ready NOW and he said he hasn't packed yet. WHAT???? We've only had 7 months

I'll see you at the pool

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #794
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Lissiesmum:
I'm leaving in four days so I'll check out the situation and be happy to post when I get back.

Nuie seems to be one of the lesser mentioned longhouses. No one has voted for it in my Poly longhouse poll, Tikiman and the Dis don't seem to have any review links for it. Maybe it's an undiscovered longhouse gem?!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, lissiesmum!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #795
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Another step closer

I was successful in getting all of my requested ADR's today.....
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: