Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #691
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui.

thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #692
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Just got back today

Hi all!

We just got back today from the beautiful Poly. Had to stop posting, my laptop shorted out (no screen) while on our trip so I couldn't post for a while. It'll take me a while to catch up, DH is letting me "share" his laptop until mine can get repaired.

Hope everyone on here is doing well!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #693
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

Just returned today from a magical stay at the Poly. We were in Rapa Nui - very convenient to TTC and bus and not too far from GCH. Last time we stayed at the Poly was 2003 (pre-renovation) - the new rooms are gorgeous! And the new Captain Cook's area with the arcade just next door is great as well. Love the beach, marina, and volcano pool. Just fantastic - even better than I remembered!!

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
Old 04-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #694
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post
johnsonet - Which store had the crocs? My mom is joining us for part of our trip and was asking about shoes. I told her everyone raves about crocs!
BouTiki, on the 1st floor. Here is a pic of some of the Crocs selection from July (We saw them in March but I didn't take pics) Not sure whether the colors have changed...

Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #695
CurtisCandy
Mouseketeer

OH NO!

My wife and daughter are Croc FANATICS!

Better budget a little extra spending money!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #696
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
BouTiki, on the 1st floor. Here is a pic of some of the Crocs selection from July (We saw them in March but I didn't take pics) Not sure whether the colors have changed...
Thank you! Helpful as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Hi all!

We just got back today from the beautiful Poly. Had to stop posting, my laptop shorted out (no screen) while on our trip so I couldn't post for a while. It'll take me a while to catch up, DH is letting me "share" his laptop until mine can get repaired.

Welcome Home! Hope you don't have a bad case of the Disney blues....a few others do. looking forward to hearing your reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmiele View Post
Just returned today from a magical stay at the Poly. We were in Rapa Nui - very convenient to TTC and bus and not too far from GCH. Last time we stayed at the Poly was 2003 (pre-renovation) - the new rooms are gorgeous! And the new Captain Cook's area with the arcade just next door is great as well. Love the beach, marina, and volcano pool. Just fantastic - even better than I remembered!!
Welcome back! Sounds like a great trip and makes me excited about our Poly trip coming up so soon!

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #697
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I thought you might laugh at this one!

We are supposed to take our DD "abroad" next summer, so the chances that I can do this aren't looking too great right now. But DH is having a good time, so maybe (and if not, maybe a day at DLP?). We are spoiled by the IPO now and so I'm having a tough time finding an ok price. But I've always wanted to bring my DD here for Xmas...
mmmears - I missed this before! I am so glad your whole family has had so much fun. I TOTALLY understand about the dilemma of seeing more of the country and world yet wanting to return to WDW so badly... it's a constant struggle for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a Poly reservation? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance.
I've stayed at the CR and at both GF and Poly on the club level. GF Main Bldg. Concierge (Royal Palm Club) is great but I would highly recommend the Polynesian for an anniversary trip. I would stay Lagoon View Club Level if possible. I think I'd recommend MK View second, over GV Club Level. Those views are very, very special

Quote:
We have stayed CL at YC, GF, and Poly. They are all very nice. They all have their plusses. We are in a LVCL room at the Poly now, and we have the best view ever. It beats our views at the other 2. Just depends on what matters most to you.

I suggest that you check out the club level thread and the club level lounge photo threads -- it may be helpful in making your decision.
Weren't those views unreal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scape1224 View Post
I have not been in this thread in a while. The Disney vacation is creeping up. So exciting!!!

Question for those who might know. We have an 8 month old and we usually do breakfast just in the room minus our one day that we will eat at the Ohana character breakfast.

Will the Polynesian allow you to get a highchair from them and keep it in your room?

I will call but just thought I would ask here first before I did so in case anyone knows.

Thanks
Sorry, I do not know but hopefully someone else can help. Seems like a request the Poly can fulfill for you

two*little*birds I think Poly LVCL is a fabulous place to use your 40% off PIN The offerings at the Poly are yummy but sounds as though your DH is going to want more than appetizers for supper It's not a ton of food. Keep in mind that breakfast is continental style - there are no eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. Midday is snacks like chips and cookies and UnCrustables...

Quote:
Hi all!

Welcome home! Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear more!

Quote:
Sounds like an awesome stay. I think the rooms are gorgeous too! LOVE the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post
Thank you! Helpful as always!
You're welcome. Thank you so much
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #698
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
Okay everyone!!! We just got back! We ate everywhere like Chef Mickey's to O'hana's without reservations and rode everything and saw every show! I have Wonderful pictures of the resort I have to figure out how to post them. We even went Parasailing at the contemperary resort!!! Our trip was GREAT!
Quote:
Hi all!

Quote:
WELCOME BACK!!! So glad you all had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
two*little*birds I think Poly LVCL is a fabulous place to use your 40% off PIN The offerings at the Poly are yummy but sounds as though your DH is going to want more than appetizers for supper It's not a ton of food. Keep in mind that breakfast is continental style - there are no eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. Midday is snacks like chips and cookies and UnCrustables...

I agree with this. The breakfast each morning is on the lighter side although it can make for a great meal; there are no lunch foods per se, except for gold fish crackers, popcorn, chips and salsa, etc. As for dinner, since you said that your DH has a big appetite, I'd choose the dining plan over the food offerings at CL. Although very delicious, it really is just appetizer type foods.

When we stay CL, we always plan to have our meals at the restaurant, except a few breakfasts we do have at the lounge.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #699
ncdisneydad
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=two*little*birds;31416928]For those of you that do CL at the Poly, just a couple of questions...

1. DH wants to know about the "beer" requests, is this something they get right away for you?

yes it there from 10am-10pm just ask the staff in lounge they walk behind counter and get it for you takes about a min they has sam adams and heiniken the wine and liquers where 7 or 8 i think till 10 ps pirate punch also mmm
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #700
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Quote:
Sounds like you stay at the Poly was very enjoyable. We just paid off our trip today and will be staying at the Poly June 3-10. This will be our first stay at the Poly, and my family is beside theirselves (including me) with excitement. I am at the point where I can't wait for it to get here, but don't want it to be over at the same time. How did you find the crowds? Were they managable?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #701
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs). Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand .
I'm glad you had a safe trip home! I can totally relate to your "bug"! I spent the second to last morning on the phone trying to book a bounceback for Christmas, and I already have ressies for Christmas using DVC points.

Quote:
I understand. I will say that our room at the Poly is so much bigger than our AKL room. There are just 3 of us, so we fit fine, but I wouldn't ever want to be there with 5! We have one of the "smaller" Poly rooms and it's really big.
Aren't the rooms a good size? I really enjoyed the space we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
Okay everyone!!! We just got back! We ate everywhere like Chef Mickey's to O'hana's without reservations and rode everything and saw every show! I have Wonderful pictures of the resort I have to figure out how to post them. We even went Parasailing at the contemperary resort!!! Our trip was GREAT!
We did too! We did walk ups at Kona Cafe and O'Hana's and had walk up Marina rentals. Sorry we missed you there! I'm so glad you had a great first trip! I was thinking about you and hoping you had a lot of

Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #702
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

[QUOTE=ncdisneydad;31418729]
Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
For those of you that do CL at the Poly, just a couple of questions...

1. DH wants to know about the "beer" requests, is this something they get right away for you?

yes it there from 10am-10pm just ask the staff in lounge they walk behind counter and get it for you takes about a min they has sam adams and heiniken the wine and liquers where 7 or 8 i think till 10 ps pirate punch also mmm

mmm what is this pirate punch you speak of?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #703
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

Almost at the Poly!

So my vacation is almost here - for the very first time at WDW and the Poly (thank you, Buy 4 get 3!!)

I want to put in a request for a 3rd floor in the Tahiti building but am running into roadblocks when I call - when I do the online check in can I request it then?

I splurged on a MK view and want to make sure we get a great view! Or is there any bad view with a MK room? Since I paid the extra $$ I don;t want to be disappointed.

Also our flight gets into Orlando at 9am - what time can I realistically expect to be at the Poly using Magical Express? And I understand I can't check in until later but will they be able to store our carry on luggage?

Can't wait, it all looks so amazing! Thank you for this awesome info!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #704
juliebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
For those of you that do CL at the Poly, just a couple of questions...

2. DH has a BIG appetite, meaning he likes to load up his plate. LOL, will he be uncomfortable doing this "if" we take advantage and upgrade our reservation to CL?

3. Do any of you do CL and DP together? It just seems like it would be so much food. Is is better to opt out of the DP if doing CL?

I'm just on the fence about the whole CL thing, but since we have the 40% pin it might be worth it to upgrade our reservation. Heck we may never get another 40% pin again! If we're going to do it, I want to do LVCL.

Thanks for any input.

1. I saw people ask for beer at the counter and they got it right away.

2. I personally wouldn't think of the food offerings as a complete dinner unless you have a small appetite and don't mind the limited menu. We generally just grabbed a sample of the food and had a regular dinner elsewhere. But if you wanted to make it a meal, you sure could. They keep putting out food, so you would be totally welcome to go back as many times as you would want.

3. We did club level and the dining plan together. We ate breakfast in the lounge, ate a counter service lunch, snacked on the club dinner foods sometimes, and had a sit down dinner. Worked perfectly for us. I would totally do that again.

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #705
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Ours was good thru Dec 24th.
Thanks mmmears! That sounds good to me.

I just checked the UG crowd levels and other than Saturdays in early Dec the numbers look good. But I did notice Pop Warner Football at the same time. Does anyone know what areas they impact the most?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: