Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #631
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
You're on your way by now! Have fun!

What a nice offer. Safe and easy travels home.

I hope she feels better really soon.

If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.

I hope she's better very quickly.

We also have used the exact same doctor service. Our doctor actually has meds in her suitcase and was able to give her the prescription on the spot. It was for a special cream as she had an allergic reaction rash to the H2O soap. She has very sensitive skin and we should have known better to bring her soap from home. Costly mistake but we learned from it

lissiesmom--I hope she feels better soon! Keep her hydrated and use a decongestant/guafinisen(sp?) combo to help her kick that cold soon.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 04-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #632
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Well, we leave tomorrow afternoon. So sorry to have to go back to reality, like school, homework, work, activities, etc. We will just hang out at TL and the volcano pool today and relax.

Lissiesmum -- there's a great pharmacy here that delivers (turner drugs) for $5. I wasn't feeling great a few days ago (thought I might have caught the awful WdW bug but I didn't). . My doctor called in a Rx for me for nausea (I think it was just the boats, rides, monorails, and busses). I am prone to motion sickness even in elevators. . I do hope your DD recovers quickly. Kids usually do and the warm weather will really help.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #633
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the well wishes and the doctor/pharmacy info. I will feel better knowing there are some good options.

To those of you leaving in the next few days, enjoy your week and I'll catch up with you on the tail end of your vacation!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #634
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand .

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #635
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #636
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:

So funny...yes, I think we all understand.

The only known cure is booking another trip!

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #637
Tiltowhirl
Lovin the Magic !

I suffer from that same illness after everyone of my Poly trips. I have a feeling I'll be catching that same bug shortly ...
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #638
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:

You can always cancel.....

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #639
juliebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks
in case mmears doesn't see this, I can answer that from a couple weeks ago, the answer to both questions is no. I was hoping for chocolate croissants too, but sadly no.

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
Old 04-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #640
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Yep me too. I've already warned my DH that if there's a bounceback in the room, we're booking. He, of course, just rolled his eyes because he knows I'm unstoppable.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #641
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
Yep me too. I've already warned my DH that if there's a bounceback in the room, we're booking. He, of course, just rolled his eyes because he knows I'm unstoppable.
My DH does the same thing. I told him that we are absolutely, positively booking a bounceback if there's one in the room. He doesn't think I'm serious. After 10 years of marriage he doesn't know me very well.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #642
juliebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!
not to scare you, but let me recommend having her take Afrin or Sudafed to knock out that congestion before you fly. I caught a cold (nasty cough, etc) while we were at WDW a few weeks ago and was just taking Dayquil. On our return trip I started to have some ear problems while flying. The day after we got home, both of my eardrums burst. I had to go see an ENT doc and she told me that by taking Afrin or Sudafed that I might have avoided my eardrums bursting. Luckily you have a week to get your daughter feeling better! Wishing her lots of pixie dust and healing!

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
Old 04-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #643
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
My DH does the same thing. I told him that we are absolutely, positively booking a bounceback if there's one in the room. He doesn't think I'm serious. After 10 years of marriage he doesn't know me very well.
HeeHee When will they learn?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #644
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee View Post
in case mmears doesn't see this, I can answer that from a couple weeks ago, the answer to both questions is no. I was hoping for chocolate croissants too, but sadly no.

thanks for the quick response...oh well my eating machine will survive on the regular ones
Old 04-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #645
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:

I completely understand - and my DH doesn't

I hope your last day is great and can't wait to hear any stories you might have! Love the iphone tips and i'll be using them in less than a week - yeah!!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: