Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #601
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

2n days and counting!

Just took a quick break from packing, I can't believe we'll be there in 2 days!! We leave early tomorrow for the 9-10 hour drive, stay off property tomorrow night, then off to drop off the luggage at the Poly first thing Sunday!

Poor DS (2 weeks shy of 5) is so anxious to leave, he asked if we could go to sleep right now so tomorrow morning would come faster. He's even willing to forego his evening soccer game tonight if we would just get on with it already.

Weather report looks great - low 80s all week, only one chance of rain on Monday - yipee!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #602
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Single digit dance here too! I FINALLY went shopping for DD10 and myself yesterday as going naked to Disney was the only other alternative and I would definitely want to spare the public from that sight.

I am so freaking out though. My work keeps pileing on and everybody wants to buy/sell NOW. People--where were you last year when I was twidling my thumbs? Just because I am going to Disney they want to stress me out now??? Geez.

It may horror everyone to know I have not even started packing. My suitcases are still in the top of my closet. I can't find my favorite pink flip flops for the pool. I still need batteries for my camera. I have not notified my girls' teachers. The clothes I bought are still in the bags and unwashed.

At least I already submitted and paid for my gardengrocer order. WOW....I am thankful I have the plane, transportation, hotel, adrs and tickets already taken care of from months ago.

Anybody else as far behind????
Isn't it amazing how much work we put into going on vacation??? I'm 7 days away and I'm trying so hard to get my kids packed. My husband finally went out and bought good sandals/watershoes - yeah!

Funny about work. I say I'm going on vacation and suddenly they are all worried! My manager had the audacity to say, "they have internet access there". I told him it was the meanest thing he's ever said and I'm not bringing a computer with me. They won't be getting me to work while on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Just took a quick break from packing, I can't believe we'll be there in 2 days!! We leave early tomorrow for the 9-10 hour drive, stay off property tomorrow night, then off to drop off the luggage at the Poly first thing Sunday!

Poor DS (2 weeks shy of 5) is so anxious to leave, he asked if we could go to sleep right now so tomorrow morning would come faster. He's even willing to forego his evening soccer game tonight if we would just get on with it already.

Weather report looks great - low 80s all week, only one chance of rain on Monday - yipee!!
That is so great! My 5 year old daughter is the same way. She is so excited to go and keeps asking me "how many more days?????"

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #603
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Funny about work. I say I'm going on vacation and suddenly they are all worried! My manager had the audacity to say, "they have internet access there". I told him it was the meanest thing he's ever said and I'm not bringing a computer with me. They won't be getting me to work while on vacation!

Yeah--I decided not to bring my laptop either. I have been debating about getting and bringing a smartphone with email access. I think I am leaning against it just because it would be a horrible learning curve trying to use it on vacation and if something is THAT important, the agents covering my business will call me and I will just go over to the CR and pay to use one in their business center. Afterall, it's vacation....not working from WDW!

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #604
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Isn't it strange that I live further south than you , but it takes me 10 1/2 hours to get to WDW? Not fair! What time are you leaving?

I am chartreuse with envy that you are going now!

Have a great time!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC; '14 AOA! Did I really plan 2 in '14?!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #605
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Since we will have a car with us, which is the best longhouse to request that is close to the parking lot? Any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #606
tcolling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Since we will have a car with us, which is the best longhouse to request that is close to the parking lot? Any suggestions?

Rarotonga
Old 04-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #607
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would request Rarotonga because it's the closest Longhouse to the Great Ceremonial House, so it means your not far from the parking lot.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #608
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

"Isn't it strange that I live further south than you , but it takes me 10 1/2 hours to get to WDW? Not fair! What time are you leaving?"

Hi Carrie772!

I'm trying to talk DH into leaving at about 7am, but I think he wants to have a leisurely morning, more like 8:30. Sigh.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #609
Tiltowhirl
Lovin the Magic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcolling View Post
Near Lottawatta Lodge there is a sculpture of three snowpeople including a little one wearing a hat labeled "button." (As in "cute as a button.") There was a photopass person there. This time at BB we didn't do the lazy river, but in previous trips we have also encountered photopass people in the river and sometimes in the wave pools. (Also applies to TL.)
Thanks for the info, I will track them down at BB

Last edited by Tiltowhirl; 04-18-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #610
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:

Have a safe drive and a wonderful Polynesian vacation!

Quote:
As others have said, Raratonga is quite close to the parking lot. Rapa Nui has a parking lot directly in front of it, too. Tahiti is also close to that second lot. Tokelau is close to the same lot as Raratonga.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #611
Tiltowhirl
Lovin the Magic !

Quote:

I hear ya, we also arrive on Sunday and are staying for the week. The kids are doing some last minute packing now. They are counting down the hours until we arrive. We are currentltly at 45 hours until we're at Hawaii checking into our LV room yipeeeee

Last edited by Tiltowhirl; 04-18-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #612
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Niue is great too Small bldg. You are in and out very quickly. I stayed there last month and had to go to my car and my SIL's a couple of times during our stay and it was no problem
Old 04-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #613
jtaylor3404
Earning My Ears

Unloading luggage?

After we arrive and get our parking pass I usually just park the car in front of the GCH and we find a luggage cart and load it up ourselves. Then DW 'guards' it while I check in. Then we stand there until a bellhop comes and gets our room number and takes the cart and then I park in the lot.

Is that the right way to go about things? We've never seen too many cars parked in front when arriving so it doesn't seem like we are blocking others or anything.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #614
sm04
Mouseketeer

In less than 12 hours I'll be on my way to the Poly!
Everything's packed, kids are sleeping... now maybe if I could stop my brain from going over my list for the 1 millionth time, I could get some sleep myself! This time tomorrow, I'll be on the Poly beach enjoying the view. Hope everyone who's headed out in the next few days has a wonderful time!

DH ME DD12 DS7
Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #615
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm04 View Post
In less than 12 hours I'll be on my way to the Poly!
Everything's packed, kids are sleeping... now maybe if I could stop my brain from going over my list for the 1 millionth time, I could get some sleep myself! This time tomorrow, I'll be on the Poly beach enjoying the view. Hope everyone who's headed out in the next few days has a wonderful time!
I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

It seems there is another group headed down in the next few days. Love all these trips...it's fun to live vicariously. Please let us know all about it when you get home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: