Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #3676
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

The pics are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!

Only 43 more days until I can see it up close in person
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #3677
tarak
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos. I was so tempted to stay at the Poly this trip, but I really want to try AKL. I guess I can't complain, since I'm staying at both next year. And we'll see the Poly when we go to Ohana for breakfast with Stitch.
And after posting about Brother Iz, I looked for it to load it onto my PC and my ipod and it's missing. Found the case, but no CD. Maybe I took it to work.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #3678
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Gorgeous photos Ronald D, thanx for sharing
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #3679
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loperella View Post
Gorgeous pics indeed! Everything looks so lush, tropical and relaxing.

I wasn't in love with the Poly but DH really wanted to stay there & my two boys wanted BC/SAB, sooooooo... we are getting the best of both with a split stay!!! The Poly seems like the perfect way to "end" our vacation.
loperella this is how we feel as well. We aren't in love with the Poly either but we do love to go there to eat and look around. Our DS has been asking us for 11 years now to stay at the Poly and we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it.

I am not a fan of the split stay but we are doing it next year. If all goes well than we might do a split stay like yours but in reverse with the Poly first and YC or BC second. If it doesn't go well than it will be the Poly the whole time.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #3680
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

I never had a chance to report about my first stay at the Poly in June. So I thought I would just put this here.

First I have to say my DH and I would always make fun of the Poly saying it reminded us of when the Brady Bunch went to Hawaii. We had no desire to stay there at all.

So when booking our June trip I kept reading all these great things about it and saw the huge following the Poly has. So I figured what the heck, we should just try it. We are DVC'ers and had no points to use so we thought it would be a perfect chance to try a new resort.

Boy am I glad we did. I cannot even begin to explain how much we loved it! Check in was a breeze. Every CM we encountered was super friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The resort itself was in great shape. Captain Cook's was surprisingly great food and we ate there a lot. We also had dinner at Kona Cafe(which we have been to before) and it was great as usual. The pool was fun and great with zero entry. My favorite part of our stay had to be just lying on the hammock with my DH while our kids played in the sand! Perfect! The monorail to the parks was great too, so convenient.

I would tell all who have trips coming up that you will not be disappointed with the POLY. It is fantastic!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #3681
tink_lover
POLKA PRINCESS

Desnik - so glad you had a great stay! Isn't the resort beautiful? I just don't understand those that say it's too dark, etc. You will have to post pics of your vow renewal - I'd love to see them.

Capt. B - were you able to find the music? Is there anyway to send to me? you can pm me perhaps?

We booked bounceback for next year and were planning on YC because it is a goal to stay in as many places as possible. However, the idea of the hammock, pool, beach is making it so hard to stay away.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #3682
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Sorry Tink_lover, I do have the music it was just after running kids to Soccer practice, checking homework and getting them to bed it slipped my mind. I will be sure to get it uploaded tonight. If savefile.com was working I could just link you to that but they are doing some system upgrade so I will use another site.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #3683
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

By this time tomorrow, I will waiting for the ME to take me and sis to the Poly..it'll be my second time and her first.

Can't wait!!!!!:da nce3:
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #3684
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

We're down to 5 days and I just did Online Check-in. In 17 stays at WDW I have only had 2 or 3- 30 minute + waits to check in and many times at 5 minutes or less so really only did the online check in to see what it was all about.
Sitting here listening to DIS Radio and taking it easy. I still have to work one more day (tomorrow) and then just waiting for Monday.

I am wondering if anyone recently back can tell me if BouTiki has any Halloween merchandise ( T-shirts, Trick or Treat Bags, ect.) Thanks!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #3685
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
Sorry Tink_lover, I do have the music it was just after running kids to Soccer practice, checking homework and getting them to bed it slipped my mind. I will be sure to get it uploaded tonight. If savefile.com was working I could just link you to that but they are doing some system upgrade so I will use another site.
Capt. Barbosa: I haven't had time to go back and read what music you are talking about, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your quote at the bottom of your posts! I look for it every time I see you have posted soemthing! That is my favorite line from that movie! ..."more of a guideline"
Oh, and we are staying at the Poly in just a few months also! Our first stay there!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #3686
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
By this time tomorrow, I will waiting for the ME to take me and sis to the Poly..it'll be my second time and her first.

How much fun!!! Have a good time at the Poly and at the World

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #3687
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post

Have a fabulous time and fill us in when you return.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #3688
JRDMAN
Mouseketeer

bounce backs?

Does anyone know if Disney still has the "bounce back" offers?
It used to be a good deal and I don't hear nayone talking about it any more.
Still not sure of the exact dates, but I will be back at Poly sometime in late Oct.......can't wait!

1972 Spring break....off site
1983 Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
1998 Polynesian CL GV
1999 Contemporary
2000 Polynesian CL GV
2001 Polynesian CL GV
2002 Polynesian CL GV
2008 POP
2009 Polynesian CL GV
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #3689
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to the Polynesian Music Loop

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0...4e75f6e8ebb871

I will upload more stuff as time goes on. Park loops and resorts.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.

Last edited by Capt. Barbosa; 09-16-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #3690
swald91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDMAN View Post

Does anyone know if Disney still has the "bounce back" offers?
It used to be a good deal and I don't hear nayone talking about it any more.
Still not sure of the exact dates, but I will be back at Poly sometime in late Oct.......can't wait!

I'm sure they are out there...had them in January (WL) but I didn't notice one in our room at the Poly...I thought maybe they just didn't have them in the CL rooms-

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: