Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #3661
tarak
DIS Veteran

My sister bought me Facing Future by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole years ago. It's just gorgeous music.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #3662
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
My sister bought me Facing Future by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole years ago. It's just gorgeous music.
Oh -- his music is wonderful!!!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #3663
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_lover View Post
Some of you have mentioned bringing Hawaiian music to listen to listen to in the rooms during your stay - I love the music that plays at the Poly and asked if there was a CD while we were there. Can anyone recommend any sites to get some similar Hawaiian music - or just sites you like in general?
I have the music loops from the Poly, but my file hosting site is down for repairs. I will see if I can find a different one when I get home.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #3664
koho
Why is the Rum always gone?

Does anyone know how long it take to get from the Poly to the WL using Disney transportation? We have ADR for Mickey's backyard BBQ our first night.

I am thinking it might be best to go to MK and take a boat to WL if that is possible. But if there is a faster way I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #3665
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by koho View Post
Does anyone know how long it take to get from the Poly to the WL using Disney transportation? We have ADR for Mickey's backyard BBQ our first night.

I am thinking it might be best to go to MK and take a boat to WL if that is possible. But if there is a faster way I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Going to the MK and getting the boat launch to Fort Wilderness Campground will be your best bet for getting to Mickeys Backyard BBQ.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #3666
Kris74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I don't remember seeing a playground at the Poly, and we walked all over the resort...

As for the water play area, it's basically a little round concrete area with some water spouts that make water shoot out from the ground. Judging by all the little kids playing there, it's quite popular, but less crowded than the volcano pool. It's tucked away behind some shrubs, but it's kind of between the volcano pool, the Hawaii building, and the beach.

Hope this helps!
Is the concrete slippery when it gets wet?? I'm just curious if I should be packing water slippers for my little guy. My DS would LOVE this and I'd feel better. My mil doesn't swim and ds LOVES the water so this would be a good distraction for him. We were hoping to do some thrill rides one or two afternoons while they relax at the resort.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #3667
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris74 View Post
Is the concrete slippery when it gets wet?? I'm just curious if I should be packing water slippers for my little guy. My DS would LOVE this and I'd feel better. My mil doesn't swim and ds LOVES the water so this would be a good distraction for him. We were hoping to do some thrill rides one or two afternoons while they relax at the resort.
I would bring water slippers, the concrete although not smooth can be slippery. I saw a child at DTD take a pretty good spill at the one there.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #3668
Kris74
Earning My Ears

Good to know. Thanks Capt Barbosa!!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #3669
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris74 View Post
Definitely bring water shoes -- it did look slippery!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #3670
Ronald Duck
Another Disney Fanatic

Back from paradise...

...and as always it was looking spectacular!

I've posted the first third of my resort pics below...more to come in the next day or so.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3671
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Nice pictures Ronald Duck! It does look as lovely as ever. . .
Old 09-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #3672
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Great pic's Ronald Duck. OK, I am a planner and we (DH and I) finally decided to give in and try the Poly in 2011. 2010 is already set as we are at the CR/BC. This will be a surprise for our DS13 who has always wanted (ever since he was 2) to stay at the Poly. The Poly really didn't appeal to us but after reading this thread and getting quite a bit of information, we caved in. Ok, now I just have to keep my mouth shut for 655 days.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #3673
loperella
*Sunny Daze*

Gorgeous pics indeed! Everything looks so lush, tropical and relaxing.

I wasn't in love with the Poly but DH really wanted to stay there & my two boys wanted BC/SAB, sooooooo... we are getting the best of both with a split stay!!! The Poly seems like the perfect way to "end" our vacation.
Oct. 2008 RPR/HRH
Me DH DS (12) DS (14)

Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #3674
Ronald Duck
Another Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loperella View Post
Gorgeous pics indeed! Everything looks so lush, tropical and relaxing.

I wasn't in love with the Poly but DH really wanted to stay there & my two boys wanted BC/SAB, sooooooo... we are getting the best of both with a split stay!!! The Poly seems like the perfect way to "end" our vacation.
IMHO you couldn't do any better than BC/SAB the first half of your trip and the Poly the second half
Old 09-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #3675
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Ronald Duck -- thank you for posting the great photos of the Poly -- they make me want to go back there so badly!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: