Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #3646
pinkivy
SkeeeWeee!

Do ANY of the Poly rooms/longhouses have a seperate vanity? We stayed in Tokelau in June and loved the Poly. My only complaint is that the bathroom is all in one. Our next trip will be with two teenage girls so a separate vanity would definitely come in handy!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #3647
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Tikimans website tells where there is only one sink or not, from what I have read it looks like the majority only have one sink, but I could be wrong
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #3648
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkivy View Post
Do ANY of the Poly rooms/longhouses have a seperate vanity? We stayed in Tokelau in June and loved the Poly. My only complaint is that the bathroom is all in one. Our next trip will be with two teenage girls so a separate vanity would definitely come in handy!
The vanities are all contained within the bathroom areas at the Polynesian, although I cannot speak to the suites since I have never viewed them personally. There are double sinks in a larger bathroom area in several of the longhouses. These bathrooms do provide a good deal of extra space, but you have to share.

The rooms do have a power strip in the desk area with a rather large mirror. My daughter and I have been known to use those to blow dry, straight iron, etc. while the guys are getting ready in the bathroom.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #3649
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Just curious & I can't seem to find this listed either on page 1 here or the WDW official Poly site.

Do the clock/radios in the rooms have an MP3 plug?

Thanks in advance for the info!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #3650
mamabright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
Just curious & I can't seem to find this listed either on page 1 here or the WDW official Poly site.

Do the clock/radios in the rooms have an MP3 plug?

Thanks in advance for the info!

according to mmmears in post 3645 yes they have iHomes.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #3651
lucas
°o°

We are staying at Riverside in early Dec and have dinner ressies at 'Ohana's.

I know we can get a 3 hour parking pass, but after dinner we want to take the monorail around to the other resorts to see the Christmas decorations in each lobby. It may take more than 3 hours, with dinner and everything. - I don't want to be rushing around to get back in time.

Should we valet park instead? How does it work, should we get the 3 hour pass from the guard and then go to the valet area, too? How long can we park with valet? I don't want to get a ticket or be towed. Thanks for any info.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #3652
swald91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post

I know we can get a 3 hour parking pass, but after dinner we want to take the monorail around to the other resorts to see the Christmas decorations in each lobby. It may take more than 3 hours, with dinner and everything. - I don't want to be rushing around to get back in time.

Should we valet park instead? How does it work, should we get the 3 hour pass from the guard and then go to the valet area, too? How long can we park with valet? I don't want to get a ticket or be towed. Thanks for any info.

Or you can take a bus to MK & then a boat to Poly...that way you can spend as much time there as you like & then take the boat/monorail back to MK & hop on your bus!! I can't give you any info on parking-we use ME....

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #3653
tink_lover
POLKA PRINCESS

Some of you have mentioned bringing Hawaiian music to listen to listen to in the rooms during your stay - I love the music that plays at the Poly and asked if there was a CD while we were there. Can anyone recommend any sites to get some similar Hawaiian music - or just sites you like in general?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #3654
LG2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_lover View Post
Some of you have mentioned bringing Hawaiian music to listen to listen to in the rooms during your stay - I love the music that plays at the Poly and asked if there was a CD while we were there. Can anyone recommend any sites to get some similar Hawaiian music - or just sites you like in general?

The Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu has an online store which sells CDs. The PCC is the most popular paid attraction there (Arizona Memorial is most popular free attraction). http://www.polynesia.com/
For contemporary Hawaiian radio, listen live to http://hawaiian105.com/
me DW DS#1 DS#2 DD DS#3
8 grandkids

Shades of Green - 6/2010
Shades of Green - 12/1996
Offsite - 2/1974
Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #3655
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Yes, you remember correctly. There are iHomes in the rooms on the nightstand between the two beds. They are great for listening to music (we like Hawaiian and Disney music) while you're relaxing in your room...
thanks...that is great. we love Hawaiian and Disney music too...that is all that is on my ipod right now

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #3656
swald91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG2 View Post
The Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu has an online store which sells CDs. The PCC is the most popular paid attraction there (Arizona Memorial is most popular free attraction). http://www.polynesia.com/
For contemporary Hawaiian radio, listen live to http://hawaiian105.com/
LG2 did you ever go there? We did-it's AMAZING!!!!! We did a package where we had our own guide-more expensive but definitely worth it!!! At the end our tour guide "cousin" gave us a bag of goodies-it was music from the show along with a dvd-Horizons. If we ever get the chance to go back to Hawaii I wouldn't want to miss it!!!

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #3657
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post

If you want to stay more than the three hours, then valet. Pull up to the front and tell them you would like to valet park while having dinner. Then tell them that after dinner you would like to visit the other monorail resorts. Ask if it is ok to leave the car and is there a time limit. Most of the time they will let you stay as long as you want. Unless of course, there is something special going on and they have too many cars. You will be charged $10 to valet, and a tip is expected. You do not have to pay for valet if you have the TIW card or have already paid to valet at another resort.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #3658
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_lover View Post
We picked up a CD in Maui called "Pride of Punahele" that we really, really love! I'm sure there are lots of options on amazon or itunes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
thanks...that is great. we love Hawaiian and Disney music too...that is all that is on my ipod right now
You're welcome! It really helps me get that "I'm in Hawaii" feeling when we're at the Polynesian.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 09-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #3659
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkivy View Post
I agree with you. I would rather have a bathroom that had a separate door/area for the toilet and the sink area. It is hard to be SO close to family My marriage lasts because I have never shared a bathroom

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #3660
JRDMAN
Mouseketeer

Our good friend Tiki Man also has wonderful Hawaiin music available on his site....enjoy!

1972 Spring break....off site
1983 Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
1998 Polynesian CL GV
1999 Contemporary
2000 Polynesian CL GV
2001 Polynesian CL GV
2002 Polynesian CL GV
2008 POP
2009 Polynesian CL GV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: