Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #3631
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets
 
Kteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma
Posts: 5,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabithakp View Post
anyone have an opinion on club level. We have stay at the poly before and im thinking of booking CL next time hopefully this january. I have a DD 7 and a DS 5. I really dont like the dining plan but thought having snacks available for the kids would be nice.
You will get varying opinions on this. I've stayed Poly LVCL numerous times, and love it. I love the convenience of breakfast down the hall, the staff is wonderful, the view can't be beat, the specialty drink is. You have to decide for yourself if the extra $$$ is worth it for you and your family.
__________________
DXL '99, DXL '01, CR '02, CR '03, CR '04, CR '05, Poly '06 CR '06, CR '07, Poly '08,Poly June '09, Poly Oct. '09,Poly '10, Poly '11, Beach Club '12,Boardwalk '14

Kteacher is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #3632
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
You will get varying opinions on this. I've stayed Poly LVCL numerous times, and love it. I love the convenience of breakfast down the hall, the staff is wonderful, the view can't be beat, the specialty drink is. You have to decide for yourself if the extra $$$ is worth it for you and your family.
So is this specialty drink only served in the CL or is it for sale anywhere? I've stayed at the Poly twice but have never stayed CL!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #3633
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Aloha friends

I finally finished my Oct 2007 TR within my PTR! I have been having a blast reliving our first trip! I hope to get started on the Dec '08 trip soon!

I have sampled the yummy CL punch and it is wonderful. I have only had a taste of CL, but am looking forward to an entire stay in about six weeks! So far the IPO has been wonderful and helpful.

I will be sure to give a full report. I just got a new phone with 3G so if I can figure out how to do it I may be able to do some live updates at times. I refuse to bring our laptops as we spend too much time on them at home!

I can't wait
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #3634
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabithakp View Post
anyone have an opinion on club level. We have stay at the poly before and im thinking of booking CL next time hopefully this january. I have a DD 7 and a DS 5. I really dont like the dining plan but thought having snacks available for the kids would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
You will get varying opinions on this. I've stayed Poly LVCL numerous times, and love it. I love the convenience of breakfast down the hall, the staff is wonderful, the view can't be beat, the specialty drink is. You have to decide for yourself if the extra $$$ is worth it for you and your family.
Kteacher wrote exactly what I would write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
So is this specialty drink only served in the CL or is it for sale anywhere? I've stayed at the Poly twice but have never stayed CL!
If the specialty drink referred to here is the sangria-type drink served in the eventing in the CL lounge, then I have not seen it anyplace else. It's delicious though!
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

































url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]















































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #3635
Maxie86
DIS Veteran
 
Maxie86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabithakp View Post
anyone have an opinion on club level. We have stay at the poly before and im thinking of booking CL next time hopefully this january. I have a DD 7 and a DS 5. I really dont like the dining plan but thought having snacks available for the kids would be nice.
We like going to the lounge for breakfast, and for the evening offerings. If you are going to have lots of resort time, yes, if you are going to be in the parks all day and only sleep at the resort, no. We spend a lot of time relaxing at the resort, so for us it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mermaid View Post
Okay, very important question here (lol!)

We will be staying at the Poly concierge for the first time in January for marathon weekend. Does anyone here know if they serve real coffee in the lounge, or is it that Nescafe "stuff?"
That is an important question for me too. We are staying CL at the Poly for the first time next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentalex View Post
The lounge has a machine with a number of options to make various coffee drinks, cafe latte, capachino, etc. it is not too bad, but is still nescafe. We bring our own coffee and filters and make coffee in the room to get us going and then it is ok to drink what is in the lounge.
Say it aint so The coffee machine at the GF does not use the nescafe crap. There are real beans on top that get ground as it is used. Guess I'll be making the trip to the GCH for some Kona coffee.
Maxie86 is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #3636
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,743

I'm probably the one in a million who thinks the nescafe is just fine - I know!!! I LOVED nescafe when I backpacked through Greece and they served it everywhere so I don't have an issue with it. For me, if it has caffeine and I can load it with milk or cream, it's cool with me. I also had a horrible experience getting some mochas at the Kona Espresso bar or whatever it is/was. They were disgusting and after that, I knew I liked the coffee better than their so called espresso.

I'm a nut, I know
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #3637
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Maxie -- the GF machine is wonderful! DH rated it and the one at AKL CL, (which is different), both great for different reasons. Unfortunately, the Poly CL one (I'm hoping they upgrade it soon) is Nescafe swill...
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #3638
Disney-Kim


Always planning our next trip !!
 
Disney-Kim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,925

did I read somewhere that there are ipod docking stations in the rooms??? all the rooms??

or did I hallucinate that
__________________
** Boardwalk Inn - May 2014**

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #3639
swald91
DIS Veteran
 
swald91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Maxie -- the GF machine is wonderful! DH rated it and the one at AKL CL, (which is different), both great for different reasons. Unfortunately, the Poly CL one (I'm hoping they upgrade it soon) is Nescafe swill...
When we were there in Aug. they had Nescafe. One of the machines wasn't working near the end of our trip so maybe they have something different now??
__________________
1996-2013 OUR DISNEY WORLD TRIPS

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<



<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #3640
Maxie86
DIS Veteran
 
Maxie86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I'm probably the one in a million who thinks the nescafe is just fine - I know!!! I LOVED nescafe when I backpacked through Greece and they served it everywhere so I don't have an issue with it. For me, if it has caffeine and I can load it with milk or cream, it's cool with me. I also had a horrible experience getting some mochas at the Kona Espresso bar or whatever it is/was. They were disgusting and after that, I knew I liked the coffee better than their so called espresso.

I'm a nut, I know
I have heard of one or two others that like the brown stuff they serve. When that is all you can get, you sort of get used to it after a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Maxie -- the GF machine is wonderful! DH rated it and the one at AKL CL, (which is different), both great for different reasons. Unfortunately, the Poly CL one (I'm hoping they upgrade it soon) is Nescafe swill...
That is just not right. Hopefully they will upgrade it before I get there. Sort of takes away the convenience of staying CL if you have to go the GCH anyway for coffee. Well, I send DH, I don't actually go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swald91 View Post
When we were there in Aug. they had Nescafe. One of the machines wasn't working near the end of our trip so maybe they have something different now??
It would be nice if they upgraded the machine, but I guess I'll just have to make do with whatever they have. That and sending DH to the GCH for some Kona coffee.
Maxie86 is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #3641
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Maxie,

I totally agree! It sure was a letdown to go from the great machine at AKL to the one at the Poly!

At least you're moving in the other direction -- after the coffee at the Poly, the RPC "bean machine" will be a nice upgrade!

The one at the CR lounge was upgraded a few months ago, I believe. The one at the BC lounge is still the icky Nescafe one. I honestly think that they ALL need to upgraded -- either to the kind they have at AKL/CR or the one they have at the GF -- but the Nescafe stuff has no place in the lounge...
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #3642
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
The one at the CR lounge was upgraded a few months ago, I believe.
Actually the Cappuccino machine was added to the Atrium Club and Tower Club lounges either in November or December of last year, because my family used it when we stayed there last December.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #3643
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Actually the Cappuccino machine was added to the Atrium Club and Tower Club lounges either in November or December of last year, because my family used it when we stayed there last December.
I guess time really flies! I remember when you posted about it and it seemed like only a few months ago! Thanks for the correction!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #3644
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I guess time really flies! I remember when you posted about it and it seemed like only a few months ago! Thanks for the correction!
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #3645
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
did I read somewhere that there are ipod docking stations in the rooms??? all the rooms??

or did I hallucinate that
Yes, you remember correctly. There are iHomes in the rooms on the nightstand between the two beds. They are great for listening to music (we like Hawaiian and Disney music) while you're relaxing in your room...
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Everyone is going to Disneyland Resort Paris! Miffy2003 Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 3427 02-01-2012 06:18 PM
The Scrolling Tag Request Thread Strikes Again creativeamanda Community Board 620 03-20-2011 07:19 PM
10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) Thread #21! captchris Disney Cruise Meets 3739 04-20-2009 08:46 PM
Off site resort - Nickhotel - help! Ivette1980 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 27 04-05-2009 03:15 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 07:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: