Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #271
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Seaspray, so nice to see you! We were getting worried! I couldn't have planned this trip without all of your posts and pictures, plus all the beautiful pics on your family website! I've been dreaming about this for years and now I've only 15 more days to go. To everyone leaving, have a safe journey and can't wait to hear all about it!
15 more days?! TAKE ME WITH YOU!! I hope you have the time of your life!!

P.S. Looks like you'll be arriving AFTER most people have had Spring Break. Wise decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
I have a new question that I have not seen here before. My digital camera of 5+ years just died last week. As long as it had to die, I'm so glad it did this before we arrived at the Poly next month!

My new camera uses a rechargeable battery pack. (I've purhcased a spare battery pack & extra memory sticks.) The charger plugs directly into a wall outlet.

Are there pleny of available outlets in a Poly GV room? We would also have my husband's iphone to charge at night, his camera battery charger, sometimes his shaver & sometimes my mobile phone charger. I'm wondering if we need to bring any 3 in 1 adapters?
There are outlets that are behind the chair/ottoman area. There is also an outlet (I believe!) next to the bed that's closest to the bathroom. They kind of blend in with the walls, but if you look around, I think you should be able to find plenty of them.

Oh yeah, in an emergency, move out the nightstand because there's an outlet behind it, and you can unplug the clock radio and plug in whatever you need to. Between my DH's electronics, both of our cell phones, my rental scooter, etc, we always need a lot of outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
The desk area has a long powerstrip-like series of outlets. We have four cell phones, video camera, hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc. . .and have never had a problem with outlets. The only place I feel needs more outlets is the bathroom. You should be fine.

OT: Nice to see you SeaSpray!
Thanks, Tess! I agree that it'd be nice to have more outlets in the bathroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
There is a strip of outlets on the desk. I think you'll be fine.

SeaSpray!!! So glad to see you. 14 day transatlantic cruise sounds amazing. Hope you slip a WDW trip in somewhere too.

edited to add Tess beat me to it! Good morning, Tess and everyone else!
Hi BCV!! Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
yayyy for a new thread!! only 5 weeks till dbf and i are there!! :D
Hi meg! Your trip is coming up so quickly! I remember when you were first planning it!! We're in the same state, you can definitely take me with you, right? I'll meet you at Logan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmountainpals View Post
After not having been to WDW since 2005 we have just made ressies for October of this year! Can't wait!

Thanks for transferring those first few posts from the other thread CanadianGuy! Those links are great! Thanks for all your hard work SeaSpray!
Congrats on booking your trip! October is my second-favorite time of year to go to WDW.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #272
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Hi All!

It is good to see SeaSpray back!

Happy Travels to all heading to the Magic!

Totally off topic but I wanted to wish those who celebrate, a Happy Easter!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #273
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4my2boys View Post
DH and I are heading to the Poly for the first time this Sunday. We have 2 small children and would like to be close to the pool. Does anyone have any building or room recommendations for us? We would also like to be close to the main building. Are all of the buildings close?
Thanks!
For Garden view - I have been in Raratonga, Tahiti and, last month, Niue. Niue and Raratonga are RIGHT next to the GCH. My recommendation is to request Niue, FIRST FLOOR. You will be STEPS from the GCH and steps from both pools. The building is small so you're very quickly in and out of your room. 1st floor rooms at the Poly have patios and at Niue most of the rooms have a wonderful grassy area in front for little ones to safely explore. I LOVED being in Niue Have a wonderful stay at the Poly!!

SeaSpray It's great to see you back! Hope all is well with you. Your 14-day transatlantic sounds BEYOND wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Seaspray, so nice to see you! We were getting worried! I couldn't have planned this trip without all of your posts and pictures, plus all the beautiful pics on your family website! I've been dreaming about this for years and now I've only 15 more days to go. To everyone leaving, have a safe journey and can't wait to hear all about it!
I agree - and just 15 more days for you, lissiesmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
...We have four cell phones, video camera, hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc. . .
That's a lot of stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
SeaSpray!!! So glad to see you. 14 day transatlantic cruise sounds amazing. Hope you slip a WDW trip in somewhere too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
yayyy for a new thread!! only 5 weeks till dbf and i are there!! :D
5 weeks will be here before you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmountainpals View Post
After not having been to WDW since 2005 we have just made ressies for October of this year! Can't wait!

Thanks for transferring those first few posts from the other thread CanadianGuy! Those links are great! Thanks for all your hard work SeaSpray!
October will be awesome. Have fun planning your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
...October is my second-favorite time of year to go to WDW.
What's your first??
Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #274
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
What's your first??
Was wondering this too?????
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 04-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #275
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Thanks everyone. You are the greatest! You've given me so much information. I'm so happy that I was directed to you from a friend on a (non Disney) cruise board.

Do you think my chances of having a bounce back offer for later in the year are good? You've gotten me so excited about Disney possibilities that I'm thinking of just DH & myself returning early December if I can get a good deal.

For just DH & myself I'm thinking of an Epcot resort, perhaps BWI. The Poly is perfect for this trip in May with our granddaughters, but DH & I have been fortunate enough to have gone on many tropical vacations (my favorite type) and I'm thinking Disney without crowds but with Christmas decorations sounds good too.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #276
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
What's your first??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Was wondering this too?????

Oops, Sorry! My favorite time of year to go to WDW is early or mid MAY! Basically, before all of the schools start to get out for the summer and before it gets too hot.

However, I would go (and have gone!) to WDW ANY time of the year!!

John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #277
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oops, Sorry! My favorite time of year to go to WDW is early or mid MAY! Basically, before all of the schools start to get out for the summer and before it gets too hot.
Nice

Quote:
Me too!

I swear I think my favorite time is the summer. k&a&c'smom and I have talked about this before... there's something extra-magical about summers in WDW

April weather is the best but the summer, I'd say, is my all-time favorite. I'm used to HOT and HUMID summers here in SC, so that doesn't bother me. I know it's a deal-breaker for a lot of people, though.

What is everyone else's favorite time of year at WDW?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #278
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:

fingers crossed it will still be great this year!! All this crowd level talk has me so nervous, and wondering if we should have gone the last weekend in April instead. But, what's done is done and none of it makes any sense to me anyhow. So we'll see!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #279
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
We love mid-November, after Jersey week and before Thanksgiving.

The weather is awesome, crowds are low and we get to see the majority of Christmas decorations.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #280
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I swear I think my favorite time is the summer. k&a&c'smom and I have talked about this before... there's something extra-magical about summers in WDW

April weather is the best but the summer, I'd say, is my all-time favorite. I'm used to HOT and HUMID summers here in SC, so that doesn't bother me. I know it's a deal-breaker for a lot of people, though.

Yes, I agree - the summer has a special magic for us, as well! I have often said that there is almost an electrical feel to the parks, especially at night - with the heat, the crowds, the late hours! For most people I have probably just defined their nightmare.

We have very humid summers here, too, so it doesn't wilt us like it does most people. We get up early, do the first couple of hours at the early entry park, head back to the resort for a swim or laundry. Have an early dinner, then head back to the parks for night-time fun. Good times, good times!

ETA - we like the off-season, too, as a PP poster said - we enjoy pretty much any time of year!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #281
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:

I agree SeaSpray - I like to go after spring break and before school gets out. We coordinate around the kids school schedule and they have been getting these extra 3 days off around the last weekend in April so we are planning around that this year. Oh my, that's in 14 days - whoo hoo!

As for the outlet question - Our family of 4 also has a lot of things to plug in but I've never had a problem finding an outlet at a Disney deluxe resort. And we also keep a nightlight plugged in the entire time we are there (I get those nightlights that have a switch on them and turn them on at night. With those super dark curtains & dark room at night, it is nice to keep this small light on for the kids and for anyone that has to get up without banging into a wall )

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #282
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
CHRISTMAS!!!! Even with the crazy crowds, I love the decorations and all the special festive touches. I've always visited WDW as a kid in the summer (and it's old hat to me) so visiting for Christmas is truly magical. I don't miss the snow at all frankly. I grew up in it and find it highly overrated.

The second time of year would be in early spring before the Easter and Spring Break crowds show up. The weather isn't oppresively hot or bone-chilling cold. Plus there's plenty of green all around and spring flowers in bloom.

And good to hear from you, SeaSpray! That 2010 cruise sounds wonderful.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #283
papaof3
King of my Castle

To keep my kids from downing

Anyone know if you can bring water wings and circle tubes, you know the floaty things you blow up, for my kids into the Polynesians pools? We were thinking of buying a few at home and bringing them to use while on vacation, then leaving them for some other family who is staying there. They are much cheaper here and don't take up much space in the luggage.
But I know at some public pools you can only use coastguard approved floatation devices, like lifevests. Let me know. THanks.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #284
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Woo hoo, cool new thread!! Thanks, CanadianGuy!!!

Disney4my2boys: The buildings are not very far apart at the Polynesian, but some are closer to the pool and Great Ceremonial House (main building), than others. I'm guessing that you've booked a garden view room? If so, my personal request would be for the Samoa, Niue, or Rarotonga buildings. Please see the map here, so you can see the layout of the resort:

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a WONDERFUL TIME!!

I'm going to have to plan something soon; I thought that I'd be able to make it until fall 2010 when we do our 14-night Disney transatlantic cruise, but I'm in serious WDW withdrawal and even my DH mentioned about planning something before then!
Terry....so you are doing the WBTA??? Us too!!! Can't wait. I thanked you back on the other thread for putting the whole Poly thread together.....it is great. We are headed down to WDW on the 25th of April for 3 nights and to Disney's Vero Beach resort for 3 nights. Can't wait. I did not request any specific building for our GV room...I think I may just roll with punches and take whatever we get. As of yesterday they seemed to now be sold out for the dates we are going. I did a dummy booking to see if any CL rooms were available and there were no rooms available at all, even for just 2 adults. I know rooms open up again sometimes but I think the resort will be pretty full, especially with grad night that Friday and Saturday night we are there.

I usually see you on the cruise board but glad I came over to check out the Poly thread.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #285
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaof3 View Post
Anyone know if you can bring water wings and circle tubes, you know the floaty things you blow up, for my kids into the Polynesians pools? We were thinking of buying a few at home and bringing them to use while on vacation, then leaving them for some other family who is staying there. They are much cheaper here and don't take up much space in the luggage.
But I know at some public pools you can only use coastguard approved floatation devices, like lifevests. Let me know. THanks.
We did this during our stay at the CR and had no issues from the staff/lifeguards.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: