Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #256
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

I am so excited!!! Leave work early tomorrow to head to my mother in laws so we can have her follow us and then leave there Easter sunday. No parks that day we r planning to go to DTD for the day.

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #257
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

I heard about the virus on the podcast. Don't know for sure if it's true or not but I'm not going to chance it.
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #258
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Picture is too funny, Johnsonet!
I too have always felt that if there was really a morbid threat to swimming in the lagoon, that Disney would do more than post "No Swimming" signs, but every time I post the question, I'm given the same advice, so I thought it prudent to pass along...
You're quite gracious to accept my post in the spirit in which it was intended.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #259
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Swimming in Bay Lake

Well,I'm not gonna swim in the lake b/c an alligator might get me.

But isn't swimming in the lake one part of a WDW Marathon? Or was that just a dream I had??

Old 04-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #260
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

You may be right about the Marathon, KSBelle...
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #261
OandA
But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On The Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
True, I guess it is better to only charge those who are using the internet when they're using it rather than include it in the cost of the room and make everyone pay for it. I guess it just seems odd when almost all other hotels do include it to see Disney doesn't.
I'd think the ones that hold a lot of conferences would have wireless at least. I could understand the Poly because it's more of a vacation but hotels with business people should definitely have wireless.
May 2012 Pop Century 5/10-5/21 | September 2012 Pop Century 9/13-9/23 |2011 Polynesian (10 days) | 2010 Pop Century (13 days) | 2009 Pop Century (7 days) · Polynesian (10 days) | 2008 Polynesian (7 days) | 2001 off-site | 2000 off-site | 1999 off-site | 1998 off-site | 1997 off-site | 1996 off-site | 1995 off-site | 1994 off-site · Fort Wilderness | 1993 Fort Wilderness | 1992 Fort Wilderness | 1991 Fort Wilderness | 1990 Fort Wilderness | 1989 Fort Wilderness | 1988 Fort Wilderness | 1987 Fort Wilderness | 1986 Fort Wilderness
Old 04-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #262
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
I am so excited!!! Leave work early tomorrow to head to my mother in laws so we can have her follow us and then leave there Easter sunday. No parks that day we r planning to go to DTD for the day.
Yay! Have a safe trip and a wonderful time at the Poly LOVE your new avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
I heard about the virus on the podcast. Don't know for sure if it's true or not but I'm not going to chance it.
I wouldn't chance it either. I let my daughter get her feet wet but that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Picture is too funny, Johnsonet!
I too have always felt that if there was really a morbid threat to swimming in the lagoon, that Disney would do more than post "No Swimming" signs, but every time I post the question, I'm given the same advice, so I thought it prudent to pass along...
You're quite gracious to accept my post in the spirit in which it was intended.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle View Post
Well,I'm not gonna swim in the lake b/c an alligator might get me.

But isn't swimming in the lake one part of a WDW Marathon? Or was that just a dream I had??
I've stayed at the GF and Poly many times and have NEVER seen an alligator anywhere in the area. Yes, you're right about the marathon - at least the one that is held in May. I've seen it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OandA View Post
I'd think the ones that hold a lot of conferences would have wireless at least. I could understand the Poly because it's more of a vacation but hotels with business people should definitely have wireless.
Good point
Old 04-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #263
Disney4my2boys
Earning My Ears

Best place to stay at the Poly?

DH and I are heading to the Poly for the first time this Sunday. We have 2 small children and would like to be close to the pool. Does anyone have any building or room recommendations for us? We would also like to be close to the main building. Are all of the buildings close?
Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #264
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone!

Woo hoo, cool new thread!! Thanks, CanadianGuy!!!

Disney4my2boys: The buildings are not very far apart at the Polynesian, but some are closer to the pool and Great Ceremonial House (main building), than others. I'm guessing that you've booked a garden view room? If so, my personal request would be for the Samoa, Niue, or Rarotonga buildings. Please see the map here, so you can see the layout of the resort:

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a WONDERFUL TIME!!

I'm going to have to plan something soon; I thought that I'd be able to make it until fall 2010 when we do our 14-night Disney transatlantic cruise, but I'm in serious WDW withdrawal and even my DH mentioned about planning something before then!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #265
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Seaspray, so nice to see you! We were getting worried! I couldn't have planned this trip without all of your posts and pictures, plus all the beautiful pics on your family website! I've been dreaming about this for years and now I've only 15 more days to go. To everyone leaving, have a safe journey and can't wait to hear all about it!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #266
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I have a new question that I have not seen here before. My digital camera of 5+ years just died last week. As long as it had to die, I'm so glad it did this before we arrived at the Poly next month!

My new camera uses a rechargeable battery pack. (I've purhcased a spare battery pack & extra memory sticks.) The charger plugs directly into a wall outlet.

Are there pleny of available outlets in a Poly GV room? We would also have my husband's iphone to charge at night, his camera battery charger, sometimes his shaver & sometimes my mobile phone charger. I'm wondering if we need to bring any 3 in 1 adapters?
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #267
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
I have a new question that I have not seen here before. My digital camera of 5+ years just died last week. As long as it had to die, I'm so glad it did this before we arrived at the Poly next month!

My new camera uses a rechargeable battery pack. (I've purhcased a spare battery pack & extra memory sticks.) The charger plugs directly into a wall outlet.

Are there pleny of available outlets in a Poly GV room? We would also have my husband's iphone to charge at night, his camera battery charger, sometimes his shaver & sometimes my mobile phone charger. I'm wondering if we need to bring any 3 in 1 adapters?
The desk area has a long powerstrip-like series of outlets. We have four cell phones, video camera, hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc. . .and have never had a problem with outlets. The only place I feel needs more outlets is the bathroom. You should be fine.

OT: Nice to see you SeaSpray!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:34 AM   #268
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post

There is a strip of outlets on the desk. I think you'll be fine.

SeaSpray!!! So glad to see you. 14 day transatlantic cruise sounds amazing. Hope you slip a WDW trip in somewhere too.

edited to add Tess beat me to it! Good morning, Tess and everyone else!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #269
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

yayyy for a new thread!! only 5 weeks till dbf and i are there!! :D

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #270
eeyoresmountainpals
Volunteer Firefighter and Mom Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
This is a continuation of the Sept 2009 Poly Thread - originally located here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947387
After not having been to WDW since 2005 we have just made ressies for October of this year! Can't wait!

Thanks for transferring those first few posts from the other thread CanadianGuy! Those links are great! Thanks for all your hard work SeaSpray!

Contemporary 10/87,
Off-Site 4/88, Polynesian LVC 10/93, 10/95, 5/96, 4/97, 10/04, 10/05
Disney Cruise 10/08, 11/09
Hoping for an October 2011 to the POLY!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: