Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #226
funntheson
Earning My Ears

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that if you were staying at a Disney Resort, you were guaranteed park entrance?

Can somebody please clarify this for me?

March 1989 6 nights offsite after cruise (honeymoon)
Thanksgiving 2006 - Swan
7/25 - 7/29/08 - Swan Resort View
7/30 - 8/4/08 - Polynesian Theme Park View (Tahiti)
7/26 - 7/31/09 - Swan Resort View
7/31 - 8/5/09 - Polynesian Lagoon View Club Level
8/24 - 8/28/13 - Hard Rock Hotel
8/28 - 9/7/13 - Sheraton Vistana Village (2br condo)
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #227
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funntheson View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that if you were staying at a Disney Resort, you were guaranteed park entrance?

I believe there are stages to closing the resorts. They are posted somewhere. But yes, at lower levels of closings resort guests are allowed in but at a Stage 4, no one gets in.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #228
TJM1976
Mouseketeer

Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #229
sm04
Mouseketeer

"Try not to let it stress you out too much. As someone who has done WDW regularly at peak times (Easter and Christmas), just concentrate on what is most important to you to get done and go from there. Remember, the Poly's location is your friend and island of sanity from the chaos of the parks. "

Thank you for the calming thoughts.. You're absolutely right. It helps to be reassured.

I, too, was checking out Ride Max, but I have a mac and it's not compatible.
Are the touring plans in the UG book the same as the ones on touringplans site? I have the book and was wondering if I should subscribe to the site.

And just to ask one more time.... You can request turn down service even though you aren't staying club level, correct? I think my kids would really enjoy it if we did it once ~ of course it goes without saying that I would too.

DH ME DD12 DS7
Old 04-09-2009, 06:07 AM   #230
sm04
Mouseketeer

And would anyone mind if I did a quick single digit dance?

DH ME DD12 DS7
Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #231
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm04 View Post
And would anyone mind if I did a quick single digit dance?

ENJOY..The last day of work before vaction is the worst day for me..it seems like it lasts FOREVER
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #232
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:

When we were there over NYE once we arriaved at MGM at 8:30am and were told that if we left the park we could not be guaranteed entrance bck in later in the day...even though we were resort guests. We wound up staying in MGM all day and night until 1:30 am....it was crowded, cold, and we could only get food from vendors as all the restaurants were packed all day and night.

New Year's Day was even worse...the crowds were the most I have ever encountered and it was scary crowded...you could not even push a stroller or wheelchair....3 hour wait for Splash Mountin...it was a horrible.

Pesonally, I would never go over NYE again....just not worth it. Can't say how crowded Easter break is as we never go during holiday seasons anymore.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #233
brentalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are the touring plans in the UG book the same as the ones on touringplans site? I have the book and was wondering if I should subscribe to the site.
If you purchased the 2009 version of the book you get a free subscription to the site. You need the book with you when you register on the site because it will ask you a few questions about what it says on particular pages.
I think the touring plans are the same on the site, but for free it is nice to just look around on the site.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #234
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WL without kids and decided to take our preteens and one teen to poly.. is this a good resort fort pre/teens?

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvqfx4noyyefig.png[/img]
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #235
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

For those of you heading off to the Polynesian this weekend,

Aloha!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #236
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
And just to ask one more time.... You can request turn down service even though you aren't staying club level, correct? I think my kids would really enjoy it if we did it once ~ of course it goes without saying that I would too.
Definitely! Just let housekeeping know and they'll do it for you. You can even request it for the length of your stay. My DD *loved* turndown when we got it on the CL level. Sometimes the housekeeping CM's would 'tuck in' her Princess Minnie plush in her bed.

Quote:

As a PP has said, there are various stages for park shutdown. It ranges from only letting in Disney Resort Guests and Annual Passholders, to just Disney Resort Guests to just not letting anyone in due to capacity. During peak times like Easter and Christmas, it is not uncommon for folks to get into the MK real early and 'camp out' because once you leave, there is no guarantee you'll get back in. That's why at these peak times, EMH hours are your friend. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I'm going to post every other day or so from the Poly. I have to be online anyway to "talk" to DH, so might as well do a little DIS.
That's what I did during my last visit. Just make sure you don't spend too much time online--don't want you to miss too much at the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I'll be there next week, and I'll report back if I can. We're used to free internet on our travels, so we may not be hooking up to Disney's $10 internet line.
Enjoy your trip! Trust me, if I didn't already have BYOI by means of my wireless broadband card, I wouldn't be using Disney's Internet. I really wish the Poly would get Wi-Fi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Has anyone been or are you going to the luau? If so, what are you dressing your children in? I've seen those grass skirts everywhere and I'd love to dress my girls in them for the luau. What do you all think?
I've been to the luau with my DD. We didn't really get dressed up--just used the leis we got as headbands and necklaces. Dressing your kids would be a great idea. Here's a photo from December '06 of the luau when the kids were brought up on stage with 'Polynesian Santa':

Last edited by MsStinkerBelle; 04-09-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Mickey is *not* a princess. A Queen maybe? Discuss
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #237
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
For those of you heading off to the Polynesian this weekend,

Aloha!!!!
I'm leaving in about an hour and I'm ecstatic! We arrive at the Poly on Saturday! I hope to find mmmears, kaffinito, kandcmch and someone else I can't remember-- sorry!

I can't post from the Poly with any crowd reports for the folks going the week after, but have a plan and be ready to throw that plan out the window! That is my strategy for life!

I'll try to get a trip report up as soon as I can--thanks for all the reports here, all the tips and well wishes! Have a wonderful countdown everyone!!
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #238
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

It amazes me that with the price of these resorts that internet access is not included, even if wired and not wireless. It should at least be included in the Deluxe resorts. I'm not sure if I'm going to bring a verizon aircard from work or just pay for Disney's internet. I have a travel wifi router so might just pay for Disney's internet and use my wireless router.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #239
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvamouse View Post
I'm leaving in about an hour and I'm ecstatic! We arrive at the Poly on Saturday! I hope to find mmmears, kaffinito, kandcmch and someone else I can't remember-- sorry!

I can't post from the Poly with any crowd reports for the folks going the week after, but have a plan and be ready to throw that plan out the window! That is my strategy for life!

I'll try to get a trip report up as soon as I can--thanks for all the reports here, all the tips and well wishes! Have a wonderful countdown everyone!!
I hope too see you there also!!! I wish we were leaving sooner but I will arrive Sunday at 12pm and we are planning to just check out DTD and the resort for the day. Look for me! I will be looking for all of you too! See you really soon!

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #240
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
. I have a travel wifi router so might just pay for Disney's internet and use my wireless router.
What does something like that cost and where can I get one? Easy to use?
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: