Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #2266
WiscMomof2
I must be a real dork because being a DIS Veteran just made my afternoon!

Thanks huntconn!!

Sounds like you're having a great time. It's good to hear some positive feedback considering the negative posts I've been reading lately. Post back when you can. I'd love to hear updates on CL food offerings and anything else you can share.

Hope your trip continues to go well!
DCL Wonder ~ 01-07
CSR ~ 03-08
Poly CL ~ 08-09
POP ~ 06-10
Disneyland ~ 07-11
Offsite ~ 06-12
Offsite ~ 06-13
Offsite ~ 06-14
POP ~ 08-14

Me , DH , DD 18, DD 16
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #2267
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Thank you for taking the time to post Huntconn. I'm glad that everything is going so well. Hope you have some great days ahead!

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #2268
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntconn View Post
Aloha Poly Fans,
We just checked in this morning and as promised I will be giving periodic reports on my experiences at the Poly as well as impressions of the general state of things at the resort.
First off, I'd like to cover our check-in which went absolutely perfectly as opposed to several recent reports I have seen recently on these boards. In fact, it went smoother than ever. When we pulled up to the guard shack in the Family Truckster, we were greeted with a warm Aloha and asked to provide picture id. We were then given a yellow card that stated we were club level guests and this card was to be presented when we pulled up to the GCH. When we pulled up to the GCH we were met by a greeter who warmly welcomed us and took our club level card. The greeter summoned a bell hop who quickly began unloading the Truckster. I self parked and by the time I returned, the bell hop had the golf cart completely loaded and was waiting to take us to the Hawaii building. Tony took us to the Hawaii building by way of the marina which was nice as we usually arrive in the opposite direction. BTW, our room was ready at 11:30 am when we arrived. We were given room 3503, beautiful dead on view of the castle and lagoon and just steps away from the lounge, just as we had requested.
Also, just for the record:
1. All of the CM's have been extremely friendly so far.
2. There is NO MOLD anywhere in our room, it is spotless.
3. Everything in the room was in working order upon check-in except the refrigerator which was quickly replaced with single call to the club desk.
4. We had the welcome Poly candy bars in our room after returing from the MK, and yes they are smaller than in years past. (OMG our trip is just ruined!!!)
Sorry to go on so long but I really wanted to give some positive news on this wonderful resort for a change. I know a lot of recent reports on these boards have given a bleak view of the Poly's current state but so far they appear to be unfounded, just as I had hoped. I will give more reports when time permits if anyone is interested. And if you're not...too bad 'cause it's fun!
Thanks for posting your live trip report.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #2269
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
It's an instant machine but you can get mochas, cappuccinos(sp?) and lattes from it too. That's what I did. If I felt like a brewed cup, I went and got a Kona coffee from the counter in the GCH..
Thank you!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #2270
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Hi all! I have been to the poly but I don't remember this, is there any shade, umbrellas at or around the pool available? Thanks.
Here are a bunch of pics from around the "quiet" pool, the Volcano Pool and the Poly beach.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #2271
tarak
DIS Veteran

The last two times we went to WDW, I brought my own coffee and grinder and filters. I've been roasting my own coffee for years. I can tolerate a lot of bad diner coffee if I need the caffeine. But I can't do the stuff at WDW.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #2272
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the live report Huntconn. Keep it coming I love it. Maybe you can let us know how the crowds are? Thank You
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #2273
SmellsLikeJapan
Plush Sully just begs for a hug!

I'm staying in September at the Poly, and I want to know, if anyone has seen the monorail from their room, and if so, how well do you see it? I want to be able to get a view of the monorail from my room

wibbly wobbly timey wimey
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #2274
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Ok, time for report #2:
-Wishes just ended and while as visually spectacular as ever, I was very disappointed to find that you cannot hear the Wishes music at all from the Hawaii building. This is in complete contrast to last July where the music was extremely loud, almost too loud.
-We did not get to the MK until 1PM but the crowds were very high by that time. And to make matters worse it was hotter than hell. We will be at the MK tomorrow for EMHM and will be back to the pool by lunch time. The big tour groups (you know from where, I ain't sayin' it) are already out in full force but seemed pretty well behaved. We waited 45 minutes for POTC and I can't remember the last time we had to wait that long for that attraction.
-It seems as though part of the recent roof rehab/ re-painting has been done to finally make most of the longhouse roofs the same shade of brown. Haven't seen it mentioned much but I always said to my wife that i found it strange that the older longhouses had roofs with a darker shade of brown than the newer longhouses. Now all of the longhouses except Tonga, Figi, Aotearoa and Tuvalu have the lighter brown roofs of the newer longhouses, which I actually prefer. Hope they finish all of them that way.
-Lounge offerings were Luau Drumsticks and Hawaiian Rice. Very good and we pigged out on 'em. Desserts were as good as always but only 3 different types to choose from. In the past there were usually 4 or 5 minimum.
-Received an "autographed" photo card from Mickey and Minnie wishing my wife and I a Happy 11th Wedding Anniversary when we returned from our 2nd jaunt to the MK today. Love those little touches. Good night all. Will report back at some point tomorrow. Hope you all can tolerate by ramblings.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #2275
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Huntconn
I am interested! Keep it coming, when you have a chance.
And, Thank you! I can't wait to get there!

Rene'
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #2276
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, time for report #2:
Good night all. Will report back at some point tomorrow. Hope you all can tolerate by ramblings.
Tolerate.......More like anticipate!

Thanks for taking time out for US!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #2277
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, time for report #2:
-Wishes just ended and while as visually spectacular as ever, I was very disappointed to find that you cannot hear the Wishes music at all from the Hawaii building. This is in complete contrast to last July where the music was extremely loud, almost too loud.
-We did not get to the MK until 1PM but the crowds were very high by that time. And to make matters worse it was hotter than hell. We will be at the MK tomorrow for EMHM and will be back to the pool by lunch time. The big tour groups (you know from where, I ain't sayin' it) are already out in full force but seemed pretty well behaved. We waited 45 minutes for POTC and I can't remember the last time we had to wait that long for that attraction.
-It seems as though part of the recent roof rehab/ re-painting has been done to finally make most of the longhouse roofs the same shade of brown. Haven't seen it mentioned much but I always said to my wife that i found it strange that the older longhouses had roofs with a darker shade of brown than the newer longhouses. Now all of the longhouses except Tonga, Figi, Aotearoa and Tuvalu have the lighter brown roofs of the newer longhouses, which I actually prefer. Hope they finish all of them that way.
-Lounge offerings were Luau Drumsticks and Hawaiian Rice. Very good and we pigged out on 'em. Desserts were as good as always but only 3 different types to choose from. In the past there were usually 4 or 5 minimum.
-Received an "autographed" photo card from Mickey and Minnie wishing my wife and I a Happy 11th Wedding Anniversary when we returned from our 2nd jaunt to the MK today. Love those little touches. Good night all. Will report back at some point tomorrow. Hope you all can tolerate by ramblings.
huntconn Thanks for the report on the crowds. We will be there next week can't wait. It's been very hot here too. Enjoy your anniversary with your wife. waiting for more
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #2278
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, time for report #2:
Thanks for the update.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #2279
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I LOVE the Adult Grilled Cheese (could do without the sprouts though and always forget to tell them that but oh well). AND I love the chips that come with that .. they are soooo good.

Liz
Wow, am I the only one that doesn't like the adult grilled cheese at CC. I do LOVE the chips though.

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #2280
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Is smoking allowed on balconies?
No smoking on balconies or patios. When checking in request a room close to a DSA. Our room # was 3917 - Tokelau and I loved it. Was the 2nd room from the entrance, short walk to quiet pool via patio doors and the DSA was right outside the double doors in front of Tangaroa Terrace! Great for the short trip out for a smoke while DH was resting! There are also 2 other DSA's close to Tokelau - both close to the center of the building off both sides. I personally preferred the one in the center on the pathway toward the TTC - was very quiet and private. Request a ground floor for easy access to DSA's. DH and I were granted that request with DD and her family in the same building but on 3rd floor opposite end (which was kinda nice when we needed to be "seperated" from granddaughters for awhile!!!). Their view was better ... could see the Lagoon, CR and even the castle but I was so happy with our location! I did see some guests smoking on their patios but would never "disobey the rules". Makes us smokers look bad. I enjoy the short walks to the DSA's and enjoy that "alone" time during hectic family vacations.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: