Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #181
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
Wow thanks! Really scared I wonder how bad it will be for all of us. Since we have never been. Do you think those people will be able to return at night? or at least open it back up to the resort guest? How does that work? Sorry just really concerned. I expected it to be so busy.
I'm hoping that things will lighten up enough to let us in to the parks around dinnertime. There's no way I can stay in one park for the whole day without leaving to take a break. I just hope we'll be able to get back in... we have a few ADRs for dinner at Epcot.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #182
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

I was not planning to stay all day. I was hoping to get there for rope drop and then going back to the poly and then going back at night. I can't stay in a park all day or you all would have to come and find we laying in the walk way!

DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #183
tekoa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Does anyone know if they'll open Captain Cooks early if the parks are opening early?
Captain Cook's is open 24-7. They start making breakfast at 6:30 am.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #184
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekoa View Post
Captain Cook's is open 24-7. They start making breakfast at 6:30 am.
That would be cutting it too close for me with a 7am opening.

Does anyone know what they serve before 6:30am? Like the grab-n-go things like yogurt or sandwiches?

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #185
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

I went and got pop tarts and the small boxes of cereal in case we need to be somewhere else earlier. All I have left to buy is spoons, bowls, and milk (half gallon from the little store there). I just like to be prepared. I was the same way on our first trip to vegas. LOL

DH
, ME , DD 10

Old 04-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #186
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
I went and got pop tarts and the small boxes of cereal in case we need to be somewhere else earlier. All I have left to buy is spoons, bowls, and milk (half gallon from the little store there). I just like to be prepared. I was the same way on our first trip to vegas. LOL
I always stock up like that when we drive to Disneyland (and throw a case or two of water in the car, too). Since we're flying and I can't do that, we're staying CL. But they don't serve breakfast until 7am! So we'll either take out something the morning before and keep it in the frig or go to CC's and check out the grab'n'go. We're only planning on two MK early mornings, and we'll have either a late breakfast or an early lunch on those days, since there's no time for a good breakfast.

When the MK opens at 7am, do people really line up 45 mins before rope-drop?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #187
kandcmch
Mouseketeer

That is a good question mmmears. I need to know that too so we can get there early. I was looking at the weather and it was cool there today and tomorrow. Which would make sense to why the parks where so crowded because they couldn't go to the water parks because of the cool weather. It's just a guess and from what I read online. I see the weather is going to be great when we get there.

DH
, ME , DD 10

Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #188
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I noticed that about the weather, too. Hopefully it will be nice the whole time we're there! We have 2 waterpark days planned, but hope to spend the afternoons on those other days out by the pools, and napping (the parks are open really, really late this time -- I don't think we can stay up that late!)

Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #189
sm04
Mouseketeer

I seriously regretted opening that crowd thread. I had to close it and walk away. It totally stressed me out.

DH ME DD12 DS7
Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #190
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm04 View Post
I seriously regretted opening that crowd thread. I had to close it and walk away. It totally stressed me out.
It totally stressed me out, too!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #191
brentalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post

When the MK opens at 7am, do people really line up 45 mins before rope-drop?
When we were there in 2006 and the MK EMH opening was at 7, we would get there around 6:50 and there were no real lines. We have some pictures of us in the park with almost no people around us. I think getting there 45 minutes early for 7am EMH is a bit too early.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #192
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
It totally stressed me out, too!
It stressed me out and I'm not going until May. Made me really think about checking out RideMax, but we have a Mac. There was somebody who used RideMax and they were able to go on quite a few things. I guess you'll have to use EMH whether you like it or not, take breaks, and drink lots of Pina Colavas. I really feel for the people staying off-site.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #193
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentalex View Post
When we were there in 2006 and the MK EMH opening was at 7, we would get there around 6:50 and there were no real lines. We have some pictures of us in the park with almost no people around us. I think getting there 45 minutes early for 7am EMH is a bit too early.
That's good to hear... I don't think I want to be there at 6:15 in the morning on my vacation...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #194
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Hi guys!

I got this info off of the WDWInfo website. It lists dining options (including breakfast at MK and also special events happening there. http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/easter.htm

This should help all of us out re: breakfast!

We should be fine as long as we get there early and then arrive again later on. And don't worry kandcmch, our first trip was over Spring Break and we not only survived but kept coming back! (We do tend to prefer August though - the crowds are a LOT lower. )

Old 04-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #195
mindyb7
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if next week is supposed to be this bad as far as the crowds go??? We check in on Sunday
Sheraton Vistana Villages----5/11
Sheraton Vistana Resort----4/12
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: