Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #1651
dancin'girl
DIS Veteran

Disney Evatts-
We were given the choice of either a full size (rollaway) crib or the
pack-n-play. We chose the full size and it worked out fine. It was a white metal crib with the skinniest mattress ever. DS didn't seem to mind. He slept like a rock! They did provide a crib sheet, but never changed it the whole week.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #1652
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Evatts View Post
We're headed to the Polynesian on June 4 for seven nights. I finally talked my DW into trying the Poly...we've stayed at the GF in the past. Also, new for this trip is our 8-month old DS (his first trip). I called the Poly and they said they have plenty cribs/pack-n-plays - just request at check-in. What about sheets for the crib? I assume the resort will provide the sheets for it...Also, do they refresh/change the sheets daily?

Also, I have to attend a business conference at the Dolphin for two mornings during our stay. Is there a direct bus from the Poly and/or TTC to the Dolphin?
There is no direct bus from the Polynesian or TTC to the Dolphin. Your best bet is to go to the MK and transfer to a Dolphin bus or take the bus to DHS and then walk or boat to the Dolphin.

It's been years since we needed a crib but sheets were supplied then. I'm sure someone with more recent experience will be able to help you.
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #1653
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
Anyone care to join me in a SDD?????

I can't believe our Poly Dreams will be coming true soon!
I Will

:d ancer:
Old 05-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #1654
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Kathy Z - we were there from the 13th through the 17th! We were in Tahiti and had a great time! I'm just getting ready to start my trip report - link in my signature - maybe you are in some of my pictures!

Hope you had a great time -we sure did! I see you are bouncing back....I'm jealous!

Sara
Old 05-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #1655
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Sara - Yes, DH and I alone this time. I'm looking forward to all the Christmas decorations and shows in addition to some of the attractions the granddaughters were not interested in doing. And the big plus of being in the room with just my husband.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #1656
Me&3
DIS Veteran

What is a SDD?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #1657
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
What is a SDD?
Single Digit Dance (I assume )

Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #1658
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

At the Luau right now! The food was really good, loved the rice! I do hope I get to see some of you Poly fans while I'm here! We were asked to dance for a song with some other couples for our anniversary it was cute were headed to Epcot later for EMH the whole resort is looking wonderful and spotless! There are some baby ducks in the pool so so cute
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

The Quick PreTrip for The Quick Trip/ Live Trip Report - In Progress!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #1659
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
At the Luau right now! The food was really good, loved the rice! I do hope I get to see some of you Poly fans while I'm here! We were asked to dance for a song with some other couples for our anniversary it was cute were headed to Epcot later for EMH the whole resort is looking wonderful and spotless! There are some baby ducks in the pool so so cute
Sounds like you're having an awesome time!!! Been reading a lot about the weather on some other threads. How's it looking weather wise for you all? Said a little prayer to the tiki gods for all you poly fans vacationing right now and throwing a little pixie dust for good measure . We will be checking into the poly on may 27 - june 2 and celebrating my DS 8th birthday the 29th !! Wishing you a wonderful vacation and a very happy anniversary!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #1660
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

The weather has been so weird today it rained all day till like 5pm then its been nice and cool but still kinda muggy, we went to epcot emh and I wore thin sweatpants and it was too hot but DBF was in jeans and was fine. Were hoping for a nice day tomorrow (summersalts check in day! ) and hoping to hit MK and resort hop.

I hope the weather gets nicerrr
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

The Quick PreTrip for The Quick Trip/ Live Trip Report - In Progress!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 AM   #1661
Ghick56
Earning My Ears

Sdd

We're dancing too!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #1662
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Single Digit Dance (I assume )

Thank You
Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #1663
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

Question--I know WDW is notorious for bad coffee, but the Poly is one of the FEW places where it can be good. If I were to order a pot through room service, is it a pot of the good stuff (Kona) or do I have to go the coffee place on site to get that? Weird question I know, but just wondering if I have to add coffee to my wegoshop order plan. Thanks!
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1664
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

I'm Polynesian Pouting. . .

Hi All--

We arrived home very late last night and I just caught up on the thread. After getting totally drenched at EPCOT as we were leaving for the airport pick-up--our flight was delayed approximately 3 hours! We left the airport around the time we should have arrived in Detroit. We were looking forward to getting back to the heat and sun for the evening--but the last day was Murphy's Law in action.

I have an old school camera so I will have to develop my film to upload my pics later.

The weather from 5/17-22/09 was not very Disney-like and put quite a damper on our second week. We've been through a couple of tropical storms in the past and the rains from Sunday evening through yesterday were that torrential. I'm talking all day soakers not the usual afternoon brief showers. We were told repeatedly that this "just doesn't happen in May". . .I'm here to tell ya' it does and it is not pleasant! By Thursday we had forgotten what the sun looked like and there was no pool time or afternoon breaks last week (except Thurs when we got a glimmer of light and the pools were open--the wind was something else though).

The first week was gorgeous (5/12-17/09) and the crowds were light early in the week. By the weekend, however, the crowds were definitely at an early June level. Thankfully, we are old hands at crowd management and we were leaving parks for our afternoon break when the masses were rolling in. We never waited more than 20 minutes for anything and that 20 minute wait was for Soarin' with a fastpass! Most rides we rode repeatedly without wait since we arrived in the parks at opening.

Now for the truly horrendous news--the CL no longer offers pineapple bread at morning service! It is still available in Kona and at the pastry/coffee bar--for purchase of course. . .that really STINKS! I can get a bagel or cinnamon roll anywhere, but the pineapple bread is the Polynesian. . .

I have the menu from the lounge and it really hasn't changed from the last year. Soup was out sometimes, but due to the heat, salad was substituted on occasion. That was not the case during the torrential rain week.

The adult beverage selection has changed since we were there last and the dessert offerings were limited to three types at night. Bud Light, Miller Light, Corona, Yuengling, and Wailua (a Hawaiian beer) were available. Bailey's has bitten the dust, but Amarula was added. Berringer's and Redwood (I think--it was something Canyon and Californian anyway ) Canyon were the wines available.

We met Carlnix, KathyZ, and SeaTurtles while there! Hi y'all and glad to see you made it back safely! It was nice to put faces to the names!

I am inundated with two weeks of soggy and probably won't be back around until later today. I'm going to enjoy some sunshine and warm weather today, tomorrow and Monday since I didn't get any last week! If anyone needs any specific information let me know!

Oh yeah, almost forgot--we had room 3507--dead, bang, straight on view of the MK/Castle! Awesome room. . . The CL CMs--Dick, Yvette, Barbara, Nereda, David, Kathy, and Awilda--to name a few--(and resort in general) were fabulous as always! Hey Conc--good to see ya' again! These people are what brings us back to the Polynesian CL time and time again. . .if they weren't there, we wouldn't be either!

Have a magical day everyone--wish I could say it was good to be home. . .
Old 05-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #1665
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Tess,

Glad to hear that you had some good weather along with the bad, and that you made the most of your vacation even after the rains began.

I was disappointed in the breakfast offerings, too, since they seemed so generic. I had heard about the pineapple bread here, but didn't see any of it on our week there in April. I was hoping it was just a fluke and that they aren't seriously cutting back on the CL offerings.

Glad you had a great room! That dead-on view of the lagoon (with views of the GF, CR, and of couse the castle) is IMO the BEST view in all of WDW. I prefer it to the MK views at the GF and even at the CR, since I love the lake-view with the castle peeking up above the islands.

Like you, I thought that the CL staff at the Poly were all wonderful. They were friendly, courteous, and very helpful to us, and we were impressed with their attitudes and interest in customer service.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: