Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #1591
OilyStars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
The main thing we received was the upgrade from garden view to magic kingdom view. We also go turn down service each night. We got a card at the Cali Grill. We also got a Magical moment certificate at American Adventure. We also got a phone call from minnie congratulating us on the honeymooon. Other than that we didn't get any free desserts or anything like that. But we weren't expeciting too much.
I would love to have a Magic Kingdom view! I'm not expecting much when we go on our honeymoon, but a little extra magic would be nice.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #1592
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyStars View Post
I would love to have a Magic Kingdom view! I'm not expecting much when we go on our honeymoon, but a little extra magic would be nice.
That's a great attitude! That way, anything little surprise thing that happens will make your trip more special! If you go there expecting a lot, then it's easy to be disappointed.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #1593
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the upgrade!! And the marriage
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #1594
Little Bit
Mouseketeer

I got my travel documents today from my TA
We've been counting down to this trip since last year. Can anyone tell me why time has decided to stand still now? The next three weeks seem like forever! And my son is graduating so I've got plenty to do to keep me busy!

Elizabeth
1996 POFQ, 1997 POFQ, 1998 POFQ, 2002 POFQ, 2003 Poly, 2004 Poly, 2006 POFQ, Mar 2007 POFQ
June 2007 POFQ, June 2009 Poly, Oct 2010 POFQ, June 2012 WL
Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #1595
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
We've been counting down to this trip since last year. Can anyone tell me why time has decided to stand still now? The next three weeks seem like forever! And my son is graduating so I've got plenty to do to keep me busy!
If you're going to WDW in 3 weeks AND you son is graduating, I'll bet time is both moving too slowly AND too quickly.

Give us a TR when you return, and have a great graduation celebration.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #1596
Little Lulu
OK, I admit it~DVC is starting to look very attractive to me~!

Location: Somewhere between the Lemonade Stand and the Lounge.

I hope someone can help me. We just booked a bounceback offer when we were at WDW (stayed at the FQ, it was nice, OK). We ate at Kona's FIVE times while there ! Dioes that tell you something!
I was hooked!
Told DD that we had to stay at the Poly the next time we went back, so I called DH and begged him to let me do the bounceback offer and I booked it during the holidays!

Can anyone tell me what the Poly is like during the holidays?
I know I would love it when it's warm, but will it be OK when it's cold there?
Did I make a good decision? Guess I need some reassurance? (weak LOL)
Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #1597
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
I hope someone can help me. We just booked a bounceback offer when we were at WDW (stayed at the FQ, it was nice, OK). We ate at Kona's FIVE times while there ! Dioes that tell you something!
I was hooked!
Told DD that we had to stay at the Poly the next time we went back, so I called DH and begged him to let me do the bounceback offer and I booked it during the holidays!

We were there last December and the weather was pretty nice. It was cool in the morning and would warm up during the day. Some evenings you needed a lite coat or sweatshirt. My suggestion is to plan on layering clothing. The first night we were there it was freezing but we had our winter coats with us as we came from frigid Chicago. They pretty much stayed in the closet after that night.

We loved the Poly at Christmas. If you check out the Poly Pics thread on the Resorts Pics board there are tons of pics.

Happy planning
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #1598
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Cajunwdwfan....thanks for the great photo's and congrats on the marriage.

Well...the countdown is on...DD17 graduated from HS 5/18 on DH's b-day.

Her friends are ready...we are ready...I packed DD8 last night, just DH and I left for me to do.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #1599
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
It's a wonderful Polynesian-style celebration of Christmas. Wreaths with raffia, orchids and hibiscus, cool gingerbread houses that are Polynesian interpretation of Christmas, and even the music piped in has Hawaiian christmas carols. I love it! I took some pictures of the gingerbread houses at the Poly and posted them somewhere on this thread I think...

Quote:
As BreezysMom advised, just dress in layers. This past Christmas it was so hot we only used our light jackets in the evenings. The weather can go from 90's during the day to the 40's at night.

The Poly during the holidays is awesome. Truly a unique experience.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #1600
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Only 3 more days!

I'm so excited I can't even sleep. Last nite, I dreamed we won dinner at WCC and fastpasses for our entire stay. LOL!!

I'm not expecting upgrades, fastpasses or castle stays. I just can't believe I'm finally able to stay at the POLY!!! I've dreamed of this since I was 12 years old (i'm 47 now).

DH DD ME Sandy

Last edited by summersalt; 05-20-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #1601
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Only 3 more days!

I'm so excited I can't even sleep. Last nite, I dreamed we won dinner at WCC and fastpasses for our entire stay. LOL!!

I'm not expecting upgrades, fastpasses or castle stays. I just can't believe I'm finally able to stay at the POLY!!! I've dreamed of this since I was 12 years old (i'm 47 now).
I know how you feel. I was about the same age when WDW opened and I went with my parents. We NEVER stayed onsite and I have always wanted to stay at the Poly too. We will be there the first time this summer.

I hope it is all you have dreamed about!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #1602
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Well...the countdown is on...DD17 graduated from HS 5/18 on DH's b-day.

Her friends are ready...we are ready...I packed DD8 last night, just DH and I left for me to do.
Sound like you are all ready for a great summer vacation at the Poly! I hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
It's a wonderful Polynesian-style celebration of Christmas. Wreaths with raffia, orchids and hibiscus, cool gingerbread houses that are Polynesian interpretation of Christmas, and even the music piped in has Hawaiian christmas carols. I love it! I took some pictures of the gingerbread houses at the Poly and posted them somewhere on this thread I think...

The Poly during the holidays is awesome. Truly a unique experience.
OK -- reading this is not good for me... I cancelled our December bounce-back and re-booked us for this July/Aug -- and now you have me thinking "I want to be there at xmas-time" If I changed anything now, DH would kill me...

Quote:
Only 3 more days!

I would love a dream fastpass for our entire trip to WDW! That would be amazing! (kinda got it at DL when we won them 2 days in a row of a 3-day trip). It's awesome you're finally getting to stay at the Poly! We loved it there in April -- until we stayed there, I didn't realize what a wonderful, magical resort it is. Have a wonderful, relaxing time there!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #1603
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

I'm not sure which one of you are Sea Spray (John and or Terry) But thank you thank you thank you. for all of the wonderful information that you added to this thread. It's getting me so excited for my anniversary trip next May. We are staying concierge level but my husband doesn't know yet. I'm hoping to keep my big mouth shut until we walk in. We've never stayed CL before. It's my gift to him for 22 great years.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #1604
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
That was my exact sentiment when I first stayed at the Poly in December '06. It was like a dream I'd waited 20 years to have come true. Enjoy the magic your dreams will bring you on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
I know how you feel. I was about the same age when WDW opened and I went with my parents. We NEVER stayed onsite and I have always wanted to stay at the Poly too. We will be there the first time this summer.
My family never stayed on-site either. For some reason my father thought timeshares were best and would you believe he didn't even bother to find out about DVC then?!?!? Staying on-site is a whole 'nother blissful experience. No more riding the monorail past the Poly and pining to stay there, no more trudging with the masses to the parking lot. My DD and nephews are so 'spoiled' by our stays at the Poly that they don't ever want to stay off-site ever again. Lucky for them neither do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
OK -- reading this is not good for me... I cancelled our December bounce-back and re-booked us for this July/Aug -- and now you have me thinking "I want to be there at xmas-time" If I changed anything now, DH would kill me...
Just put a bug in his ear about doing the Poly for December next year. I love the Poly during the holidays but it really adds to that South Seas feel when you stay during the summer months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
We've never stayed CL before. It's my gift to him for 22 great years.
What a wonderful gift! You'll love CL level.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #1605
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
I remember when we were three weeks out, and I agree that time stood still. But wait til the week before when you have a thousand things to do, and you wish you had more time to pack! I think next time on my three weeks out, I'm going to start packing slowly...then it seems like it's not so far away
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: