Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #1546
LizAgna
DIS Veteran

If we book a Lagoon view will we be able to see Wishes? Or will we need to book a MK view to make sure we can see Wishes from our room?
6/1991 Off-site Honeymoon - 2/2001 ASMo...DD#1's first trip - 1/2006 POP...DD#2's first trip - 6/2007 POP KOTS Surprise Birthday Trip for Our Girls!! - 2/2008 ASSp...40th Birthday Trip for Me & DH...Another Surprise for the Girls!! - 8/2008 ASSp...Quick Weekend Trip with Friends - 5/2009 CSR...Our new favorite resort!! - 11/2009 POP...Our first MVMCP!! - 9/2010 AKL...Our first MNSSHP & Free Dining!! - 3/2011 Pop...Spring Break Girl's Trip!!

DH Me DD15 DD8
Old 05-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #1547
dsnylndmom
Disneyland Addict

What great information in this thread! We are headed back to WDW next month and booked Boardwalk on the 4/3 package. Airfare worked out better adding days on to our trip, and we ended up getting the Poly Lagoon View for our first two nights. We were previously staying offsite for two nights before and two nights after, but with the codes that came out we went for the Poly. It's my dream resort AND we'll be there on my birthday

We'll have five, myself, hubby & three boys(14, 14, and 10) and since we get in at 6am our first day, I'm guessing we'll do a lot of stuff around the resort. Also, I want to have breakfast at Kona Cafe on our second day there(my bday) should I make an ADR for that, or will we be able just to walk up?

After searching through this site and Tikiman's site I'm coming up with Tokelau and Tahiti would be the best choices for a Lagoon View request? I defintely want a balcony and it doesn't seem like any locations at Poly are really bad. But, I wanted some input from Poly Vets :D
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #1548
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crate1 View Post
Does anyone know if there is Wi-fi available anywhere in the hotel?
I picked it up in the lobby on my phone.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #1549
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this thread. We just came back from our first trip to the Poly. We did a split stay at All Star Sports and the Poly. Thank goodness for ending our stay at the Poly. I'm not knocking the values, because they have served our family well until this point. Now there are too many of us! We stayed in Tokealu, 3rd floor, and could see the tip of Cinderella's castle from the deck. I liked the little extra space that Tokelau rooms have compared to some other buildings. My sister was in Samoa. That third little bed was perfect for my DD and the beds were so comfortable! Mousekeeping was great and left us the cutest elephant towel animal. The only sad thing was that I did not get to try a Dole Whip. The machine was broken every night I went to Captain Cooks! We were there for 3 nights/4 days. The walk to the Transportation Center was really short and was so convenient. I look forward to planning our next trip to the Poly!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #1550
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
If we book a Lagoon view will we be able to see Wishes? Or will we need to book a MK view to make sure we can see Wishes from our room?
You'll be able to see Wishes with a Lagoon view or a MK view. When we had a lagoon view (1st floor Tuvalu), we had no problem seeing Wishes. It was even better than seeing it in the parks but from the comfort of your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I picked it up in the lobby on my phone.
That's because your phone is running on GSM, not Wi-fi. From what I can recall, Wi-Fi is only available over at the Grand Floridian (and Coronado Springs) and even then only in the common areas.

However, if you've got a 3G phone, the 3G signal over at the Poly is *amazing*! My laptop was surfing the web at 'warp speed' through the 3G broadband card.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #1551
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
Also, I want to have breakfast at Kona Cafe on our second day there(my bday) should I make an ADR for that, or will we be able just to walk up?
I would definitely make an ADR just to be safe. I've seen Kona Cafe empty at breakfast but I've also seen it jam-packed at breakfast. I've done a walk-up but it was for a late breakfast (9:50am) when most folks have already headed out to the parks. You can always call Disney Dining (or just visit the lobby concierge) once you've arrived to see if anyone has cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
After searching through this site and Tikiman's site I'm coming up with Tokelau and Tahiti would be the best choices for a Lagoon View request? I defintely want a balcony and it doesn't seem like any locations at Poly are really bad. But, I wanted some input from Poly Vets :D
For a lagoon view, exclusive of the concierge building (Hawaii) I'd request either Tahiti or Tuvalu. I've never stayed in Tolekau for a lagoon view so I can't speak to that longhouse. Both Tahiti and Tuvalu (as well as Aotearoa) face the Seven Seas Lagoon straight on so the lagoon views are better in those buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this thread. We just came back from our first trip to the Poly. We did a split stay at All Star Sports and the Poly. Thank goodness for ending our stay at the Poly. I'm not knocking the values, because they have served our family well until this point.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! Don't feel bad about the values--I always do a split stay between Pop and the Poly and after our 4 days at Pop, we are *more* than ready to head off to the Poly. Pop is great for our commando days but when our vacation is winding down, the Poly suits us better.

Bummer to hear the Dole Whip machine was broken. :-(

Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #1552
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

First time at the Poly!

We were originally booked to stay at POFQ, but have since decided to invite our niece to come with us. She's never flown anywhere, and this is first big vacation. Due to this, we've decided to upgrade to the Poly. I've always wanted to stay there anyway, now we have an excuse! So excited, Sept can't come fast enough. I think I'm going to req a room in Tokelau (our ressie is GV, here's hoping for an upgrade lol), it seems to be centrally located and we won't have to run the risk of a non balcony room there. Wish me luck!
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #1553
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarleyJack View Post
We were originally booked to stay at POFQ, but have since decided to invite our niece to come with us. She's never flown anywhere, and this is first big vacation. Due to this, we've decided to upgrade to the Poly. I've always wanted to stay there anyway, now we have an excuse! So excited, Sept can't come fast enough. I think I'm going to req a room in Tokelau (our ressie is GV, here's hoping for an upgrade lol), it seems to be centrally located and we won't have to run the risk of a non balcony room there. Wish me luck!
What a wonderful trip for your niece!

Good luck and happy planning!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #1554
donnajean17
Dreaming about my next trip....

Monday Morning Blues.... sigh...

I just wanted to say this thred (and the thoughts of my April 2010 stay at the poly) are what is helping me with today's Monday morning blues!
Back at work after the weekend, it's rainy and cold, but thoughts of my first polynesian stay (April 2010) and the DxDP are keeping me warm!! Keep the posts coming!!!!!

Dec 1979, April 1995, Dec 1996, Oct 1998, Sept 1999, March 2000, Oct 2002, Oct 2003, Feb 2007, April 2009, March 2010, May 2011
Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #1555
Sea Turtles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
Any news on the Long House Staircase refurbs..
Back from Poly yesterday...

Fiji was complete and open for biz
Aotearoa is now being worked on
Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #1556
Tina G
Mouseketeer

Back from a week at the Poly - 5/9-5/16

Just returned home from a week at the Poly. This was our second time there and we were thrilled that our request for the Samoa longhouse, 3rd floor volcano pool side was honored yet again. We also requested connecting or adjoining rooms as we were traveling with my parents and we did have adjoining rooms. At first I was a little disappointed they weren't connecting but as the week went on, I was glad we had the privacy we did.

I can confirm there is no apple juice in soda fountain area. There is Minute Maid Light Lemonade and the rest are sodas and iced tea. Captain Cook's is the biggest disappointment for me in the whole resort. The food area is just way too small and putting the cash registers in the center is just in the way. We also felt the choices for baked goods and snack items were very limited. Other than a few stops for snacks or breakfast items, we pretty much avoided CC the whole trip.

We did the breakfast at Ohana and everything was delicious as usual. We also had breakfast at the Kona Cafe and I tried Tonga Toast for the first time. One word - delicious! Definitely contributed to the several pound weight gain from the trip.

We also did the Luau for the second time and still enjoyed both the food and entertainment. It started raining as they were seating us but the show still went on and even the fire twirler performed in the rain. They didn't have the kids come up on the stage to dance due to the rain but otherwise it was still a good show.

Probably my only complaint was that Mousekeeping didn't seem to be at the same level as our past trip. The mousekeepers at Samoa just don't seem to be into the creative "magical" things as this is two trips there with no towel animals and not even anything cute being done with the stuffed animals. Plus one day we arrived back at our room around 3:30 and our room had not yet been cleaned. Our first trip in 2004 was at POR and every day the mousekeepers did something silly with DD's stuffed animals. On our trip to the Poly in 2007, DD would come back every night excited to see if anything silly had been done, only to be disappointed when it hadn't. Same for this trip only I don't think she was expecting much after the last trip. Needless to say, our tip reflected the service. We left an adequate tip but had there been a little more "magic" we would have been much more generous.

Overall another fabulous trip to the Poly and WDW. Crowds were generally light and other than the heat the first few days, it was just as we had hoped.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #1557
dmil
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I know what you mean. This will also be our first time staying at Club Level. Please check out this thread:
Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)
You will gain so much knowledge just by reading thru it.
Also, please be sure to contact: Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
Let them know you're coming - and they will be able to do so much for you! Just before I decided to upgrade to Concierge, I had been trying to make a dinner reservation for O'Hana's for months without success. The very first time I spoke to the Itinerary Planner, she was able to get me the reservation at exactly the date & time I had been trying for. She is also making arrangements for a birthday cake and other surprizes for our grandson. I can't say enough how great they have been to us - and we haven't even been there yet!
Good luck!
Gretcen
Is this only for guest staying in club level? I'm staying in Aug and have a res for O'Hana's I can't get a good res.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #1558
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Aloha! It's me again. We have enjoyed the resort and enjoyed the parks! There is one drawback to staying here at the poly, my kids want to swim after all day at the park! It seems that the poly rejuvinates them. Darn pretty resort! Parks got a little busy in the last couple days, had to wait 20 minutes for expedition everest (LOL). I've met lots of travelers in the Resort. They all seem happy and content! The punch in cl yuuumee! (so my wife says) any questions you have I will try to find answer for you guys. Aloha
Any signs of the rumored cabanas?

I thoroughly believe the rumored cabanas, were just that rumored! I did see the GM walking through the club level lounge! I asked the CL staff why they were here and they said he was evaluating the buildings for renovation. that is probably a rumor as well! i did notice that someone had been in the lounge the night before and pulled one of the big fans off the wall and took all sodas from the reach in cooler! it is a shame that people would do that in such a wonderful and happy place. I will talk more about that on my trip report! overall our stay was awesome! the grounds were gorgeous staff wonderful and the food was Disney!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #1559
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

I think I just fell in love...
with the POLYNESIAN!
I think this is the one folks! absolutely beautiful!
I love it, and I can't wait to tell DH this is where we're going next year! lol....

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #1560
PrincessKristin
Queen of the Emporium

What a great thread about my favorite resort!

Thanks so much for putting this together!
'85-offsite, '87-offsite, '92-Poly, '97-Poly, '00-Poly, '01-Disneyland!,'02- Poly, '04-offsite, '05-Swan, '06-Wedding @ the Poly! , '07-Grand Californian/Disneyland, '08 Congierge Poly, '09 Dolphin (June), '09 Bay Lake Towers (Oct), cloud9:

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mi5iysmz1r6bz.png[/img]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6anmd98lao8es.png[/img]

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: