Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #1531
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Too bad! I would have loved to have met one of my fellow dis'ers! I attached a LGMH to my backpack, but not one person noticed, nor did I see anyone elses Wasn't the torch lighting ceremony great? It was short and sweet, and something you don't get to see every day!
It WAS great! That was our first night, and we had a 6:20 ADR at Kona, so the timing was perfect. The kids loved it!! I never did get a LGMH, and I'll admit...I forgot to be on the lookout too!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #1532
ksjayhawkfan
DIS Veteran

So Im sitting at the hotel at the airport! We catch our flight in the morning and tomorrow at this time I hope to be either at the pool or on my way to MK...havent decided yet LOL

Thank you all so much for all of the info here in this thread! I will try and post updates and pictures the next 7 days!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #1533
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjayhawkfan View Post
So Im sitting at the hotel at the airport! We catch our flight in the morning and tomorrow at this time I hope to be either at the pool or on my way to MK...havent decided yet LOL

Thank you all so much for all of the info here in this thread! I will try and post updates and pictures the next 7 days!
Have a great trip!

Nov. 2006 POFQJuly 2007 PolyAug. 2008 PolyAug. 2009 Poly
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxuuxpj4gc.png[/img]

Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #1534
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I just noticed on Tikiman's site that they have eliminated the CL menu postings for the evenings. I am saddened by this because it is our first time and a surprise for my parents. I was planning our dining out at our favorite ressies by their nightly menu. There are particular things I really want to be be there for to try. Anyone have a thought as to why they decided to not have it??

Regardless I am soooo excited to be going in October!

Love the pics of the GV. That is what we have booked for. I can understand why you would want to switch with the tree. I would want to see the rest of the beautiful grounds from my sliders as well.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #1535
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy the magic. And I'll be checking in to read your updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Hi everyone! I just noticed on Tikiman's site that they have eliminated the CL menu postings for the evenings. I am saddened by this because it is our first time and a surprise for my parents. I was planning our dining out at our favorite ressies by their nightly menu. There are particular things I really want to be be there for to try. Anyone have a thought as to why they decided to not have it??

Love the pics of the GV. That is what we have booked for. I can understand why you would want to switch with the tree. I would want to see the rest of the beautiful grounds from my sliders as well.
I don't know why the menu was eliminated, but I will let you know that the Poly had changed some of the offerings, so it was similar to what Tikiman had posted, but not as good (IMO). Like, instead of the Kona macadamia chicken breast, they had wings from the Luau. And instead of the Kona salad (which sounded great) there was just a plain one. Maybe Tikiman realized that things had changed and didn't want to have the old stuff up. Just a guess, though.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #1536
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Apparently they are still serving the same offerings, just not on set evenings like they used to and maybe a new offering here and there. That is probably why Steve took it down. No one really knows what will be served on what evenings anymore.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #1537
simplymama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Can't wait to see your photos. Have a wonderful trip:-)
Off Site Property Dec. 2000
Off Site Property April 2002,
Off site April 2003,
POR/Wilderness Lodge March 2004
Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club (RPC) June 2009,
Grand Floridian RPC/Boardwalk Inn Club August 2009,
BWI/Grand Floridian RPC August 2010,
Grand Floridian RPC July 2011,
Grand Floridian RPC March 2012
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #1538
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

This will be my 3rd trip to the Poly and I have never done or seen the torch lighting. Can you tell me about it? Thank you!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #1539
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemomnj View Post
This will be my 3rd trip to the Poly and I have never done or seen the torch lighting. Can you tell me about it? Thank you!
I thought it would just be a quick blow of a conch shell and someone lighting a torch! Well, I was wrong, and so glad that we took the time to watch it one night. It started in the lobby with a blowing of a conch shell, but then we went out to the front, and the performer (from the luau, I think) did a whole fire dance with the flaming torch, spun it around, and did a few other tricks. It was a really fun mini-show! Definitely worth checking out -- I highly recommend it!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #1540
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I thought it would just be a quick blow of a conch shell and someone lighting a torch! Well, I was wrong, and so glad that we took the time to watch it one night. It started in the lobby with a blowing of a conch shell, but then we went out to the front, and the performer (from the luau, I think) did a whole fire dance with the flaming torch, spun it around, and did a few other tricks. It was a really fun mini-show! Definitely worth checking out -- I highly recommend it!
Thank you! I will make my dining plans around it one night to see it!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #1541
crate1
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if there is Wi-fi available anywhere in the hotel?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #1542
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:

Yes, there is no longer a set menu in the lounge. This really stinks for our family because we always made our ADR's around the nights that we did not like the offerings in the lounge. Particularly the sushi on Mondays...yuk!
Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #1543
OandA
But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On The Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crate1 View Post
Does anyone know if there is Wi-fi available anywhere in the hotel?
No wireless. Wired internet is an additional charge of 10-15 per 24 hours I believe.
May 2012 Pop Century 5/10-5/21 | September 2012 Pop Century 9/13-9/23 |2011 Polynesian (10 days) | 2010 Pop Century (13 days) | 2009 Pop Century (7 days) · Polynesian (10 days) | 2008 Polynesian (7 days) | 2001 off-site | 2000 off-site | 1999 off-site | 1998 off-site | 1997 off-site | 1996 off-site | 1995 off-site | 1994 off-site · Fort Wilderness | 1993 Fort Wilderness | 1992 Fort Wilderness | 1991 Fort Wilderness | 1990 Fort Wilderness | 1989 Fort Wilderness | 1988 Fort Wilderness | 1987 Fort Wilderness | 1986 Fort Wilderness
Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #1544
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

So, my laundry is done, my house is spotless I am ready to go

Too bad I have to wait until September.

Have a great trip to those of you getting ready to go and welcome back to returning Poly lovers.

I am looking forward to trip reports.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 05-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #1545
Susiesnowflake
DIS Veteran

BreezysMom, just have to say that you made me laugh... "laundry is done, my house is spotless, I am ready to go. Too bad I have to wait until September." At least you get to go back to the Poly sooner than me. I have to wait til late Nov!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: