Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #1516
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone - just got caught up on all the posts! We have just under 3 months to go before we leave, but reading all these posts is tiding me over As much as I read, I'm still learning about new things to see and do - I'm really looking forward to trying the movie / smores at the GF one night as we didn't do that last time.
Congratulations to everyone that is leaving shortly. I can't wait to post my "leaving tomorrow" message!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #1517
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Thanks to everyone for your imput on my MANY questions! In regards to Ohana's - we willd efinately give it a try as the menu sounds so amazing! And as someone suggested, if we get any overcooked or dry pcs, I'll just ask for me. Personally, I had gastric bypass surgery 10 yrs ago and I have a very difficult time getting down dry meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Hi Picabo! I just got back from the Poly a few weeks ago and was told before I left that there was apple juice at the refill station...but there wasn't any when we were there The folks at CC said they switched to juice boxes fairly recently so you have to buy them from the cooler now

Enjoy your trip, I can't wait to go back!
Now THIS is sad, sad news! But not surprising as I don't think that any of the other resorts have unlimited AJ. SOOO, I'll plan to order juices boxes as well since I refuse to spend $1.50/box.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #1518
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Exactly one week from today, I'll be arriving at the Poly.

I'm so glad to have found this thread. It is FULL of helpful information. Thanks everyone!

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1519
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Exactly one week from today, I'll be arriving at the Poly.

I'm so glad to have found this thread. It is FULL of helpful information. Thanks everyone!
Have a Great Time hope you take lots of pics to share when you get back
Old 05-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #1520
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Happy weekend, Poly friends!

It's been two weeks since I've been back and the Poly is still all we can think about! I have finally uploaded a few photos and I'm going to attempt to post them. First one I have to show you is our room view! Those of you booking GV concierge, if you want a good view, do not book #3521 (that was ours), and the other two rooms on either side. They were all blocked by the giant tree! Let's see if this works:

April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)

Last edited by lissiesmum; 05-16-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #1521
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Hey lissiesmum

When you scroll over your image, highlight the img code that appears. Copy and paste that into your post. You can preview your post to be sure your photo appears
Old 05-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #1522
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hey lissiesmum

When you scroll over your image, highlight the img code that appears. Copy and paste that into your post. You can preview your post to be sure your photo appears

Hi Johnsonet!

Thanks, it works!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #1523
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Here's a few more...I took so many, but I was trying to post some that maybe some of you haven't seen too many times!

I love this one of the pool. I took it on our last day on the way to 'Ohana, right before 8am:

My daughter calls this guy the "fire guy". I loved seeing this, he was very good and supposedly new to the ceremony.

I took this one from the Grand Floridian when we were at the campfire:

I loved this tree. In the background is the quiet pool with Hawaii in the back.

Another shrubbery picture. I just loved the grounds. This is right next to the Volcano pool.

That's it for now, maybe I'll upload some more. If anyone has any requests, I can see what else I have

Old 05-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #1524
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Love the pics! Yes, that certainly was a "Garden" view

This one is heavenly

Quote:
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #1525
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Any news on the Long House Staircase refurbs.. when will they all be done

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 05-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #1526
mmmears
DIS Veteran

lissiesmum -- I love the photos! Thanks for posting them. The gardens at the Poly are so beautiful!!! Your photos really make me want to go back to the Poly today. It just looks so relaxing and peaceful there.

I don't think the room was all that bad -- but then I didn't have to stay in it for a week -- it's hard to tell from the picutre. Have you seen some of the rooftop photos of the WL or the service entries to some of the resorts? Although, if it wasn't an upgrade, I might have asked to move. But at least you were looking at a pretty tree and had lots (and lots!) of privacy.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1527
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Love the pics! Yes, that certainly was a "Garden" view

This one is heavenly
Thanks, Johnsonet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
lissiesmum -- I love the photos! Thanks for posting them. The gardens at the Poly are so beautiful!!! Your photos really make me want to go back to the Poly today. It just looks so relaxing and peaceful there.

I don't think the room was all that bad -- but then I didn't have to stay in it for a week -- it's hard to tell from the picutre. Have you seen some of the rooftop photos of the WL or the service entries to some of the resorts? Although, if it wasn't an upgrade, I might have asked to move. But at least you were looking at a pretty tree and had lots (and lots!) of privacy.

Thanks mmmears! I'm glad you liked them. I think only Poly lovers can appreciate them like we do! I showed my family all of my Poly pictures, and I couldn't get enough of looking at all of them, and everyone else got bored fairly quickly, thinking they all looked "the same".

I definitely got used to the room. At night, I could sort of see a torch lit when the wind was blowing, and at least I didn't have a rooftop or service entrance view. I'll take a tree view at the Poly any day, and besides, it was a free upgrade so I didn't want to complain. Had I paid for it though, I definitely would have asked for another room. My DD and I are talking about our next trip to the Poly, and I am trying to prepare her for life without concierge and she is not happy about it. The fact that she cannot have her croissants, chocolate milk and choco chip cookies (plus the fireworks in the lounge at night) whenever she wants is not settling well with her. Spoiled at four years old! I'm going to keep playing Powerball and hope for a miracle, otherwise, we'll have to just settle for walking to Capt Cooks and putting our choco milks in the little fridge and buying our cookies there!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #1528
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, Johnsonet!

Thanks mmmears! I'm glad you liked them. I think only Poly lovers can appreciate them like we do! I showed my family all of my Poly pictures, and I couldn't get enough of looking at all of them, and everyone else got bored fairly quickly, thinking they all looked "the same".

I definitely got used to the room. At night, I could sort of see a torch lit when the wind was blowing, and at least I didn't have a rooftop or service entrance view. I'll take a tree view at the Poly any day, and besides, it was a free upgrade so I didn't want to complain. Had I paid for it though, I definitely would have asked for another room. My DD and I are talking about our next trip to the Poly, and I am trying to prepare her for life without concierge and she is not happy about it. The fact that she cannot have her croissants, chocolate milk and choco chip cookies (plus the fireworks in the lounge at night) whenever she wants is not settling well with her. Spoiled at four years old! I'm going to keep playing Powerball and hope for a miracle, otherwise, we'll have to just settle for walking to Capt Cooks and putting our choco milks in the little fridge and buying our cookies there!
My DD is spoiled as well! I'm so glad you had such a good time at the Poly. I agree -- only people who love it there can understand. We were really spoiled by the lounge and the location of the Hawaii building. I really hope that we get to go there again sometime!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #1529
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Lissiesmum - we were also at the Torch Lighting ceremony on May 1st! Going by your photo, we had to have been standing pretty close, LOL!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #1530
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Lissiesmum - we were also at the Torch Lighting ceremony on May 1st! Going by your photo, we had to have been standing pretty close, LOL!!
Too bad! I would have loved to have met one of my fellow dis'ers! I attached a LGMH to my backpack, but not one person noticed, nor did I see anyone elses Wasn't the torch lighting ceremony great? It was short and sweet, and something you don't get to see every day!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: