Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #76
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/23/11

Hello-

Hanging tough.

I did walk the mall yesterday for 45 min. TOM.

Did fine until dinner. Ate out with DH again. Found a good restaurant that I can probably eat at a lot - lamb, chicken, fish options! This time I stayed out of the bread basket. I did overeat on my lamb. I had 4 bites of saganaki. Seriously missed my wine.

Weight today - #177.0! Down 2.4!

Extremely pleased as with TOM especially bad today I was not expecting such a drop.
2/2014 Princess HALF
C_leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #77
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/25/11 - Week 1 weigh in

Hi-

TOM has been tough on not cheating. On Sunday I ate a brownie. I also ate 60 calories of those valentine hearts.

No weight loss on 1/24. Terrible day at work. I chewed 1 piece of dubble bubble and 1 piece of sugar free gum. I missed a fruit. I was unable to walk and also unable to get in all of my water. By the time I got home from work, I was absolutely exhausted. I ate several servings of those valentine hearts. I finally got wise and just put myself to bed at 8:30 PM.

Today marks my one week on hHCG. Weight: #175.8

Yes I lost another 1.2 lbs. I am amazed and all the more resolved to stick to this diet as it works.
2/2014 Princess HALF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #78
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/26

Doing great at work. Really sucking down water and tea steadily. The sugary bubble gum is almost gone as I put it in the group candy dish. I also have away a package of my sugar free gum to try to really keep out of gum altogether.

As usual, my trouble is at night. It starts at dinner. I actually like the broth-like beef stew I made with celery. It is a nice wintery meal and it has a decent flavor. But as I wind up with that, my mind is already thinking about something sweet. And it is not thinking fruit! Last night I took DS to Oberweiss. Now I was good in not ordering anything for myself, but I had about 10 spoonfuls of his sundae. Umm. I'm not supposed to be eating sugar!! So the struggle is on to keep out of DS's sweets.

I did get 30 min walk in at work yesterday. TOM was very bad last night.

Weight today: #177.0

Well, that is in the wrong direction. It happens....when you CHEAT!
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #79
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/27 - Atom Bomb Evening

As in emotional overeating spree through the kitchen last night. My poor DH watched me as we chatted systematically going thru the cupboards for something sweet. Sigh.

Back at it today though!!

Did get 30 min walk in at work yesterday & water was not a problem. Had weird cramps again last night. TOM has been a TIME!

Wt today: #176.8

Time to grow up and eat like an adult.

2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #80
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/28/11- Resolve

Hi!

Wt this am is still #176.8
I did walk 30 min at work yesterday.
Sat - Goal is to do some pilates at home.
Sun- Walk the mall one hour while DS @ a b-day party.

Diet: Water intake excellent. Attitude is definitely better. I have to wonder how much TOM plays into my cheating this week?? I skipped my fruit last night and had a cup of hot chocolate made with low fat milk instead. I suppose this would be a cheat, but calorie-wise it hit me up with calcium and some additional protein & it took a while to ingest so I was content.

Having terrible dry skin. Gave up and have slathered 2 times with regular lotion. Baby oil doesn't seem to be keeping my skin hydrated. I cut back on my facial moisturizer too but didn't give it up entirely. Now I put some on in the am on workdays, and on weekends I put a bit just on my dry area of my face. My skin is looking quite clear! I've got to wonder if I have some gluten issues? Giving up carbs sort of eliminates most gluten I guess?

To stay motivated, I did measure myself last night. It appears I have lost an inch here and there.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #81
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/3 - Reset HHCG

Well, we had a terrible winter storm. I was snowed in with the boys for 2 full days. I ate badly & jsut decided to restart the diet once I was back at work.

Today is that day.
Weight this am: #180.6 (yikes!)

Food thus far:
48 oz water/herbal tea
1 grissini
4 0z cottage cheese, 2 c plain lettuce.

Exercise plan - 30 min LS tonight.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #82
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/4 Hard Work

Welllll, Did awesome food-wise yesterday!!

Weight today: #178.0

Exercise - 0. But I did manage a hair cut and dinner at home last night.

Here's my plan for today:
Walk at work 30 min.
Stay on VLCD.

Sat - exercise in front of TV
Sun- ditto

Next weekend DH is taking me away for the weekend. I have decided I am going to keep hitting it hard on the VLCD, but allow wine during this adult weekend.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #83
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/5 Saturday Musings

I am really proud of myself. I got in the 30 min walk at work yesterday.

My crock pot experiment failed, so we ate out last night. DH kindly took me back to the Greek restaurant that has a lot of HCG options. I literally clenched my hands to avoid the warm white useless bread. I had 1/4 saganaki (which is a cheat), but no wine! I had Dolmades. I ate one and a half and most of the veggies on my plate. When I am eating out, I don't get too worked up about mixing veggies. I also ate a salad with their house vinaigrette. Since I am eating salad totally plain at work, I savored it!

Anyway - weight this am: #175.4 Back on track.

Focused to Go LOWER! I'm a little concerned about Super Bowl. I need to think it through.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #84
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/7/11- Stall

Hi,

Did fine Sat until dinner. Managed 40 min leslie sansone type work out while watching Oprah.

Trouble with dinner was a pizza joint with another family. There was nothing on the menu I could really have. Drank water very well. Savored one glass chianti. Tried to fill up with 2 helpings of house salad. It was a bit loaded with dressing. Ate some thin crust pizza. Maybe I ate a total of one pizza slice. Hard to tell as it was cut in little triangles and rectangles. It tasted very yummy.

Sunday weight. OK held the same.

Sunday - did very well until Superbowl. I exercised by cleaning ALL morning. Hands and knees scrubbing floors in 5 rooms.

Then superbowl. I ate less than I once would have. For example, between 4:00 - 9 PM I had 2 alcoholic drinks where before I may easily have had twice that. I felt much more conscious of eating veggies. But I guess I still was off as today my weight was #178.6. Sigh.

But it is Monday. I'm back on track. Goal is to stay on track until weekend. DH taking me away for weekend. I guess I'm just going to have to hang as tough as possible.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #85
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/8 - Cheater

Did fine last night except no exercise. I was exhausted all day. When I got home, I ate some sweets. Sigh. I ate 2 cookies and 2 mini snickers. I realized I was just eating to eat, so I put myself to bed. DS started karate last night, so I did not even get home until after 7 PM.

Today's weight: #177.0 Better.

Today has been fine so far. I have book club tonight.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #86
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/9 - Grissini Sticks!

Who would have thought pizza would be a problem?

I went to book club last night armed with a salad and hb eggs to override the pizza. Then someone ordered ham/pineapple. It smelled divine. I ate 2 pieces. Then when I got home, I ate some candy! Shame on me! As usual evenings are a total mess!

Anyway- working hard at it today. Apple around 11 am. Salad with shrimp at 1 pm. Doing well with water.

Wt. today - #176.0

I have hardly exercised this week!

Colleen
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #87
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/10 - Day 24

Hiya-

Well I have struggled with hHCG, but I am really trying to adapt to a new eating lifestyle permanently. In many ways I am having a lot of success.

I haven't had a Diet Coke or soda in 24 days. I have cut my gum habit down from several packs of Extra a day to one piece of sugar free gum after lunch most days... I've also cut WAAAAY back on caffeine as I am not much of a coffee drinker. These are all awesome changes I am hoping to keep long term.

Weight today: #173.0.

Thus far I have lost 12.8 pounds.

I did manage a 30 minute walk at work yesterday.

Evenings are still difficult as sweets abound in the house. Last night I ate one piece of laffy taffy & one tootsie pop. After dinner, I just WANT sweets. It is awful.

Well, I have a long way to go to my first goal weight of #145, but I am really trying! Motivation is so key.

2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #88
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

This weekend was really extraordinary. First of all, I tried to be aware of what I was eating. I kept taking the hHCG but I knew that I would be drinking and probably eating richer than normal.

Friday I was fine at work. I discovered we were going to Pere Marquette Lodge that afternoon. On our way, I did drink a small McDonald's hot chocolate without whip cream. It was almost too sweet. When we checked in at the lodge, there were candles, rose petals strewn about, chocolate covered strawberries, & champagne. A sweetheart package! That included dinner in the lodge!! I ate 2 of the strawberries and over the course of the evening enjoyed the champagne. No exercise that day... Dinner was a salad, 1 ate one dinner roll with butter, broccoli, and an awesome steak wrapped in bacon and gouda cheese with shrimp & crab. BC of the holiday, we got a free lava cake. It was excellent, but I ate half of it only.

On Saturday, I managed to just eat my fruit for breakfast like normal. I did 30 minutes of pool exercise in the afternoon. DH surprised me with a 90 min massage! It was awesome! How could I say the diet doesn't allow such!? Afterwards we went to a popular bar. I drank 2 bud light limes, 12 peel/eat shrimp, 1 svg bar popcorn, and 1/2 of a burger. Not great. For dinner we agreed to try a fish place. Almost everything was unhealthy. I had broiled tilapia and managed not to eat it all so I had to be close to 5-6 oz instead of the 8oz advertised. Instead of salad I had candied yams and green beans. There were no 'healthy' sides. I ate 2 hush puppies too. Drank ice tea. That night I drank several glasses of shiraz.

Sunday, chopped ice in the afternoon for at least a half hour + when I got home. I over ate at breakfast but focused on fruit and eggs. Lunch I think I skipped. Dinner, shared a dinner salad with DH and a serving of mostaccioli. Ate one slice of pizza thin crust.

Today is back on track day. Weight: #171.6

I checked my BMI & I have moved from obese into overweight category.

I am dressed to exercise later today. I had coffee and an orange for breakfast.

Hopefully now I can really kick through the rest of this VLCD phase as I hope all of my party days are over!
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #89
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/28

Well, I know I can't expect to lose weight if I eat poorly and don't exercise. Of course my snotty sugar craving self doesn't want to accept that statement. I got sick and went off the diet for sometime.

Today I am feeling better and I am going to finish this thing up. I am going to go until my drops are gone. I really need to focus on wanting to lose some pounds so I can restart a running plan and feel confident on the beach this summer!

Wt: #176.6

Breakfast- 1 med apple (95), 34 oz water, 24 oz herbal tea
Lunch- 12 oz diet coke, broccoli slaw (35), cottage cheese (90), salsa (20), grissinis (72).

Hang Tough!
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #90
C_leen
DIS Veteran

March 1 - Beginning Accountability

2/28 Wrap Up
Very tired in afternoon. No exercise. Took DS to karate. It was too chilly to walk outside.

Dinner: MCD SW Grilled Chicken Salad with small amt of dsg (360)
3 mini tootsie rolls (32)
Total Calories: 704

Weight today: #175.0

I drank water well yesterday. Tonight I have book club. I plan to bring a salad to eat. I am still dragging with cold so will try to tackle exercise issue on Wed. Just trying not to snack at night is enough of a battle right now.

3/1 1 med orange (62)
2/2014 Princess HALF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: