Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #136
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Thursday 8/23/12

I did do MFP last night. I walked with family and dogs to library last night.

This morning I weighed myself. Old scale #180.6. This might be a good time to switch to the new scale.

Still reading The Abs Diet.
2/2014 Princess HALF
C_leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #137
C_leen
DIS Veteran

9/26/12

Well I have read/skimmed several Abs Diet books.

Here is what I am going to try. I am concerned if I try to change everything, I'll just fail and get frustrated. I am going to try to make small steps to make change.

1. Exercise 30 min 6 days a week. I will try to focus on some of the Ab Diet work out recommendations.

2. I will try some of the recipes in the Abs Diet books, but I will not worry overmuch about the mini meals. In the past, I tend to find that sets me up to OVEREAT. However, I also suspect I have been under-estimating my calorie needs. I will try to determine a few go to smoothies that I will make at NIGHT to offset that very difficult time of night for me.

I will weigh myself tomorrow on the NEW scale...
2/2014 Princess HALF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #138
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Happy new year 2013!

I am so glad I decided to check in on myself bc now I feel a lot happier! I just recently weighed in to continue the good fight of being more healthy and losing weight. New scale registered #186.0. Just sickening... Today I was down to #183.4. But then on here I realized I actually am just using a new scale which was more accurate than my old one!

So I actually did not gain any weight over Xmas.

I made some goals. The pertinent one here is to lose 20 lbs.

Cleen
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #139
C_leen
DIS Veteran

January Update - Goals

So I went to see a naturopath on Friday the 18th. I decided to try HCG under his care with weekly check ins. I also got auricular therapy. Following a round of HCG I need to decide if I will try for a second round of HCG or switch to Paleo eating. Honestly I need to lose 40 pounds.

I truly have my doubts about HHCG, however, I did remember how I felt losing the weight and how I was not hungry so much as fighting my emotional night eating the previous time I tried it. Perhaps NOT being able to eat will help me right my issues with night eating. I am starting to suspect I have a problem with carbs, so this is why I am reading up on Paleo as my way of eating following this dramatic intervention.

Home weight Jan 18th = #184.4

I then went away for the long weekend, so I do not have worthwhile weights for my load days which were 1/19 and 1/20 or VLCD 1.

VLCD 2 = #183.0 (-1.4)

I am staying on bioidentical hormones. I am allowing myself to chew gum, but I am trying to cut way back as I am a gum hound. So far this am I have not had ANY gum.

Exercise. Well you don't do much on this diet. Yesterday I did ZERO, which isn't really acceptable either. My new year goal was to try for 20 minutes a day. I am going to try to get moving a little better on this going forward.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #140
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/23/13

Well it is third day on VLCD HHCG. I have a cold, so that is probably also helping dull my appetite.

Hunger level has been zero all day.

Weight: # 181.8

Attitude: Cautious. As I finished dinner last night, I felt anxious about food. It makes no sense, but I feel compelled to pack more food down as if I will never ever have the opportunity to eat again. This is what I will need to learn to address during HCG. Last night the moment passed and I was OK with one last piece of gum.

Food intake: Ate 100 gm of corned beef last night. This is too fat of a cut of meat allowed on the diet. Also I am measuring protein after I cook. However, I would rather cook one protein for my entire family as I prepare dinner. DH was tickled with dinner. This approach could keep him more of a cheerleader in my diet camp than a future source of temptation. He clearly does not want to have his choices limited bc of my diet. Tonight I will eat my lean ground beef up while they have corned beef leftovers. Steamed cabbage wasn't too bad. I will steam up some fresh tonight. I cut out one fruit to offset the higher fat of meat. I think I only ate 3 pieces of gum yesterday, which is super since I am used to eating more than a pack a day on work days. I am eating one serving of melba toast rounds, and that might be too much as some appear to think that should just have two rounds. But I am right on target calorie wise, so I am not going to stress too much. If the diet works by calorie deprivation, I am on target even with the higher fat meat.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #141
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Had a lot of success today. No Diet Coke. Only 3 pieces of gum. Plenty of tea and fluids. Researched menu options before my lunch out and did well. Took DS out to a pizza buffet and managed to eat before! Went to Target and was pretty amused that all I bought was sparkling water... Weight 181.2
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #142
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Sat

Reported in to MD yesterday. It did not go super. When I was weighed last week, I told them they had to be off as I was 5 lbs lighter there. Lord knows I gave up my old scale as I realized it was under weighing me when compared to my gym and primary MD scales. Instead of rechecking she told me they had a magical scale. They also measured me and took my fat % with a hand held omron device. Friday they weighed me at 179 and 3/4. This was close to what I was at home. 180.8, but she was stymied as then by their measurements I had gained weight in my first week! She realized I was not upset and changed their initial weight to my starting home weight. But then she did my fat reading and it was up. That was weird. Then she measured me and even some of those were up. That upset me. I am working very hard on this effort and she gave me some lame response about how my skin was lying as my fat decreased... What? Then she inquired if I was exercising and I said I had only managed 2 20 minute walks. She blamed all of this on that minuscule exercise! I wanted to point out Simeon was not opposed to exercise, but the Naturopath MD himself corrected her. He asked if I was down and I said by my scale I was down almost 4 pounds since Monday. He said good. I left with not a very positive feeling. His office assistant said, now don't get upset! And really, that was exactly what I was. Upset and not motivated.

So I drove to work and had an awful day. Budget stress, hr issues, all too many demands on my day. I only had one piece of gum. Kept drinking tea, coffee, water. But that am appt was festering in the back of my mind. I did not cheat at work. As usual my brat came out at night. DH marinated the lean steaks and complained they would be tough as they were lean. They were not too bad, but I reminded him I had tried to meal share the protein this week. Then we opened up a bday package. I got sent jelly bellies and tootsie rolls. I was doomed. I allowed myself 3 tootsie rolls after dinner. I tried to stop and drank some sparkling water. I brushed my teeth. I wound up eating a few jelly bellies too. I just kept thinking about that appt. such classic emotional eating! Finally I pulled myself together and went to bed.

Today I am down to 179.0. Clearly I have a long road ahead in dealing with my internal brat who thinks she deserves to eat sweets for any little blip in the road. Sigh. So I am thankful to be seeing the 170s on my scale. I think I will ask DS to pull the sweets into his bedroom hidden.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #143
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Sunday

Had some cautious success yesterday. Took DH to eye clinic for checkup and new glasses. I whipped up a protein shake with some strawberries and ice so I would not be hungry or feel deprived as I knew hanging with him is TROUBLE.

Sure enough we got out of the eye clinic and he was hungry. So we wound up at one of our favorite places to chill with our DS - Chili's. Ha ha. He loves their tortilla chips and queso dip. He was very sweet and did not order that! I have to admit his fajitas smelled fantastic. I ordered the carribean salad with grilled chicken. Dressing on the side. I split it in half and at the other half for dinner last night. I really do like that salad and it was a bit off protocol with the dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and pineapple. But it was good to not feel deprived. I was over 500 calories, but I also succeeded in watching TV without snacking mindlessly. Much better control over the tootsie rolls and jelly bellies too. DS has almost wiped them out so the temptations are nearly gone.

Time to tackle Sunday. Weight same at #179.0
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #144
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/28/13

So I blew it yesterday. Today's weight up one pound: #180.0

Back on track and thankful to be at work away from DH.

After church yesterday we went to Red Lobster. I did fine there. Drank water only. No cheddar biscuits. Had lunch sized blackened tilapia and broccoli with a plain house salad. I got full and could not finish broccoli or all of fish.

The trouble was dinner. DH wanted to eat out for his bday. I ate 3 chicken wings, the broth from french onion soup, a house salad with some vinaigrette and some provel cheese (I took off most of it), and about 10 pub chips. I did manage to drink just water. During dinner, DH said, "How long is this going to be going on?" Sigh.

When I got home, I ate a full size Milky Way bar. Talk about doing oneself in.

But I did learn something. Diet Coke does not taste good now. The Milky Way did not taste good either.

So it is Monday and I need to remember that eating so clean has already started to impact my taste. What I am craving might not even taste good...
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #145
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/30/13

Having some anxiety at night, but managed to just chew some Extra gum and powered through without eating anything. Technically sugar free gum with aspartame is not allowed, but if one or two pieces of gum keep me from eating at night, I will accept that aspartame for now in that time slot.

Very thankful Diet Coke does not taste good any longer. I am planning to just stick to iced tea and coffee for caffeine now. Also trying to focus on how that Milky Way bar tasted yucky so hopefully I will steer clear from a lot of this processed junk I have been addicted to.

My paleo book came. Guess I will be reading that while I keep pushing on HCG.

Weight today: 178.4

I have lost six pounds in 10 days. I am pretty concerned about Superbowl Sunday.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #146
C_leen
DIS Veteran

1/31/13

Had a good night last night overall. I was really tired and worked a long day. I came home and baked some frozen sole (not too bad!) and asparagus (not too bad!). DS and DH wolfing down Pizza Hut. DH tried to get me to eat Pizza Hut, but I stayed firm. Once I figured out my calories, I realized I had 100 left for the day. I decided to cheat and ate some microwave popcorn rather than have a second fruit. I guess I was craving some GRAINS and SALT. It tasted really good and I enjoyed it. The really nice thing about this cheat was it was not really unhealthy - just off diet. Also I did not feel driven to eat more. It was the last thing I ate and I was OK with that.

Weight today 177.2.

I have a long way to go, but at least I am motivated and on my way. I am thinking about how long of a HHCG round to do, Phase III, and whether I should plan on a second round of HHCG or just try transition to Paleo eating to drop further weight. But in reality I need to just take one day at a time. Today is day 11. Feb 17th is day 30 for me, so I have plenty of time to decide if I am going to go for 40 days.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #147
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Weekends

Friday night was fine. I think I did eat a Vitamuffin.

Saturday was fine until late afternoon. Ate some dried fruit and nuts, then ate a real dinner (spaghetti and turkey meatballs), then ate a Milky Way bar. Again the Milky Way bar did not taste good! Hello? Start eating better nitwit!

Sunday I did not eat until dinner as I knew the super bowl was going to be a problem. I had 2 glasses of wine (tasted great!), a half of a baked potato, and some prime rib, and asparagus. Then I ate two good sized brownies.

So today I am #178.0. Trying very hard to get back on track.

One good thing is exercise I went to the gym on Sunday for an hour. On Friday night I did a short Zumba class on the Wii.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #148
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/6

Soooo. Not a good week for HCG diet. Monday night I went out to eat. I ate one half of a hoagie roll and some fresh potato chips. Otherwise I was on protocol all day. Tuesday when I weighed in I was up 1.8 pounds. Not surprising given the cheating going on! I sent an email to my MD and tried to wrap my head back into the very low calorie mindset.

Last night I did fine until 10 PM when I ate some trail mix. Too late at night and not on protocol. Sooo. Today's weight is only down .4 from the gain. I weighed 178.4. Going the wrong way.

Doing fine at work today. I am going to throw the trail mix out even though it is a high end and 'healthy'. It is not such if I overeat that and it is a trigger.

Still thinking on Paleo eating after HCG. It is hard to think about giving up grains, but I think it is a way of eating I should try out for a few months and see how it goes.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #149
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/8/13 Jobs

Well, I thought of this journal on Wednesday night. When I opened the garage door, I could see DH. His very posture and wooden face alerted me something was seriously wrong. He is being let go from his position. I flashed to my struggles in losing weight and his crisis in 2007-2008 which are documented here. Hopefully I learned from that experience.

SO - no emotional eating on Wednesday night. Stayed PERFECT.
Thursday DH's official terms for severance and transition were arranged. Super tough day as I was trying to stay focused at my work. Ate very well all day. Today I am down to 175.0, so I have finally kicked my superbowl cheats to the door and lost 2 pounds. I am visualizing me hitting my ten pound mark of loss tomorrow. Planning to go to the gym after my MD weigh in.
2/2014 Princess HALF
Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #150
C_leen
DIS Veteran

2/9. 174.0. I have now managed to lose 10 pounds. I did go to gym for an hour.
2/2014 Princess HALF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: