Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Whose going on the Wonder, Feb 26th??

Just wondering whose going on the Wonder Feb. 26-March 1st?

Has anyone set up a Dis meet yet?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
WDBRDWLK

Come on People...someone must be going on this cruise...we can't possible eat all the food on board, um yes we can!

Ok let me back track a bit...it has been 11 months since our last cruise and 3 months since our last trip at Disneyland...Does this sound like I should at confession (for all you catholics out there) I was getting a bit homesick for Disney so I said to my DH lets go on the cruise soon. But then I ran into a problem with work and getting the time off...you see my boss does not like me taking time off in the first quarter of a new year. I work in accounting and you'll know what January means...W-2's and 1099's and month end and year end...you get the picture. Seems my co-worker can't handle answering the phones too.

So we logged on to DCL's website and started pricing the cruises for January and February. Nope, no dates in January will work for me. Our grand-daughters first birthday is Feb. 13th so that weekend is out...so Feb 26-March 1 works just fine...and since it was only 8 weeks out and the DCL sells out so fast we did not really have a choice for cabin selections. We went back and forth on staterooms and categories...and finally we are BOOKED.

So it has begun, you ask what...the list of course...you see, when we take a trip my DH has a 'to do' list that takes about a week just to read! Actually it comes in really handy and without it we would be lost...he is an analyst and he does analize everything. Me, I am a numbers person. We are already talking about what to bring and the first shopping trip was accomplished today.

We found some really cute door 'stickers' for our stateroom door..Nemo and Friends...how appropriate since we are sure to see them live at Castaway Cay.

I also went to Wal-Mart and found some cute fabric for our fish extender...I just have to make it! Should not be too hard..I may rephrase that after is is finished to 'what a pain the neck, what was I thinking' but everyone elses looks so cute..

Thats all for now..gotta get ready for work at TDS!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
1stdisneycruise
Mouseketeer

I just found this board today. We are on the same dates as you!!!
We booked Jan. 1st so looking for answers to questions!
1stdisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
WDBRDWLK

Welcome 1stDisneycruise to the Disboards.

Finally another person on the cruise...guess we will have to share the food afterall.

So its your first time on the Disney Cruise...boy are you in for a treat... anyone who has cruised before will tell you that Disney is top-notch! Let me introduce your hosts:

You have to eat at

And you have to attend deck party.

And if you like ketchup with your food...here is comes...

ok thats enough show and tell for the classroom today. We do not want to spoil it for you newbies...

Questions, just ask! now heading over to the fish extender thread to answer your other question ... see ya there.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
1stdisneycruise
Mouseketeer

What deck are you on? I just heard about FE and think it could be fun to do!

I would be fine eating all the food and having the pool to our selfs

Maybe others do not know about this board

I do have lots of ?'s I posted on the end of someone elses. I may just email them here.

Thank you for being so nice. We can not wait.

I read your post last night and lot others. so i do not remember how many are in your party?

I will tell you a little about our selfs.

I am mom 32 years old Ginny

hubby 33 oh ya older

Been married almost 12 years

girl 9

boy 6

our first on Disney our third cruise. We have been on Carnival and Costa. Coasta being the best. But no complaining since I won Carnival and that is what started all this cruising

This is the most money we have spent on cruise and for way less days so we are hoping it is the best ever. We are planning and planning

I see if you have no plan the time is gone and if you plan you get to do somethings. Well I am a planner anyway. But not a whole lot of time. We just booked Jan 1st 2009

Sorry went on to long I will stop
1stdisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
WDBRDWLK

Hi Ginny-
Glad to put a real name with a username...now we just need to meet at the port!
We too took our first cruise with our children on Carnival..it was during the release of the Titanic and guess what, the ship lost power in the middle of the ocean our first night...No one from Carnival ever came over the PA system to tell us what was wrong...all we had was emergency lighting on the floor...took about 3 hrs to get it going and we were late getting to Nassau and our excursions...but that was Carnival...Then Disney introduced their ships and we were hooked! We are DVC members and usually use our 'points' to book the cruise so it does not really cost us anything out of pocket except to get to FL and the sourvies and tips... We have only paid for one cruise and that was in 2007.

We have thought about other cruise lines but always turn back to Disney. Service is top-notched.

And wait until you see Castaway Cay...it is awesome.

Your children are at a great age that they can go to the kids clubs and you not have to worry about them..you check them in, get a pager, and go do your own thing..most parent report that their kids dont want to leave the kid activities, their having way to much fun!

Cindy
Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
WDBRDWLK

Dis Meet

If anyone is interested in participating in a Dismeet for the Feb. 26th sailing of the wonder...let me know...

My DH and I have begun our shopping trip for items for the fish extenders...We have bought quite a bit of stuff really cheap...not that the items are cheap, but what I meant to say is we bought in bulk.

It would be nice to know how many families would be interested so we have enough to go around...

Think about how much fun it will be....
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
our2miracles
Earning My Ears

We will be on this cruise as well. We are 1st time cruisers! Hubby and I are 33 years old and my son is 9 and daughter 7. We can't wait to leave WisCOLDsin in 3 weeks!!!! Hope to meet up with some of you!

Hubby Me Austin (13) Alexis (11)

January 1990 Disneyland
August 1998 Disneyland
March 2007 Disney World/Off Site
Feb/March 2009 Disney Cruise/Disney World for Austin's 10th Birthday!!!
March 2011 Disney World/Disney Cruise for Alexis' 10th Birthday!
our2miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
WDBRDWLK

Welcome Our2miracles...glad your sailing on the 26th!

For anyone who is interested in a fish extender check out disneyoutlet.com
Then go to the home decor link and check out the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse hanging storage item...which can be used as a fishextender...for only $5.99. They also have a princess one...it is a bit big but would work. Measures 56x11x7
Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 AM   #10
Ariel Goro
Earning My Ears

Hi!
We are also on the 2/26 Wonder!
Is our first cruise in family.
We are coming all the way from Argentina. Iīm 37 (Ariel), my wife 31 (Eliana) and 2 daughters (almost 4 (Sabrina) and 7 (Julieta)). They speak only a bit of english...is that a problem in the ship and activities?
We are really anxious on beeing in the ship...

As first cruisers can somebody help us with some questions?

Do people decorate their stateroom door? is this common? with stickers? please recommend!

What other special things do we have to have in mind?

See you all there!
Ariel Goro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Goro View Post
Hi!
We are also on the 2/26 Wonder!
Is our first cruise in family.
We are coming all the way from Argentina. Iīm 37 (Ariel), my wife 31 (Eliana) and 2 daughters (almost 4 (Sabrina) and 7 (Julieta)). They speak only a bit of english...is that a problem in the ship and activities?
We are really anxious on beeing in the ship...

As first cruisers can somebody help us with some questions?

Do people decorate their stateroom door? is this common? with stickers? please recommend!

What other special things do we have to have in mind?

See you all there!

Let me be the first to say welcome Ariel Goro and family!
Wow, all the way from Argentina. You picked the best cruise line to sail with...Disney is known for its wide range of cast members from countries all over the world. I am sure your children will be just fine. As soon as you board the ship you will notice the vast aray of languages being spoken. And Disney already knows your home country so when you check in you can always ask if there is a cast member on board who could help translate for the children,if needed. Don't worry...it will be fine.

As for decorating your door, yes..especially us Dissers! We make a fish extender and other dissers go around and put little gifts in the pockets...I have posted on another tread pics of past cruisers fish extenders. It is not recommended to use stickers on the doors, it would be difficult to remover. However anything with a magnetic back works perfect...a picture frame with a magnetic back, you can also get the magnetic stips or tabs from a craft store too.

Oh, and don't forget to take your camera!
If you have more questions, feel free to ask...
Cindy
Old 02-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Ariel Goro
Earning My Ears

Thank you cindy!
Itīs gonna be a great cruise!!!
I canīt make mu Daughters paint anything because this trip is a total surprise for them....I see what i can do!
thanks for your help
Ariel
Ariel Goro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
Kalypso
Mouseketeer

Hello!!
My friends and I are on this cruise as well -- we're having a "girls weekend"!! I am SO excited!!

We are in our forties and fifties.
I am 46 and married - live in Burbank and actually work for Disney
My name is Bridget.

Nice to meet y'all
Kalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
Our1stCruise
Earning My Ears

Hi!!
My family and I will be on this cruise as well!! We are all 1st timers, and very excited! Especially DS who is 3.5 ( although some days i think i'm more excited then he is lol ) We are from NJ.
Looking forward to seeing you all there
Our1stCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
Hello!!
My friends and I are on this cruise as well -- we're having a "girls weekend"!! I am SO excited!!

We are in our forties and fifties.
I am 46 and married - live in Burbank and actually work for Disney
My name is Bridget.

Nice to meet y'all
Hello Kalypso! Welcome Aboard! I am also a PT CM at TDS and love it. This will be our 7th Disney Cruise and I am a Nana! My DGD turns 1 on Friday!

Bring along a fish extender and see what goodies you get!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: