Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

# 1 How did we get to this point?

Goodness, we have 6 months, 1 week, 2 days until our trip . WHAT?? 6 MONTHS?? In the past I would only be waiting until April 12th to be making ADR’s. I would be writing/rewriting our dining choices, thinking/rethinking our itinerary, keeping myself busy. I call this my “OCDP (Obsessive Compulsive Disney Planning)”. Now Disney is making me wait until July 11th. I am not a happy person right now , because now I can’t be obsessing about changing the ADR’s that I have already scheduled in my mind.

This trip is a bit different. There is no Star Wars Weekend , No Super Soap Weekend to go to. It is during the Food and Wine Festival, but we aren’t adventurous eaters or wine drinkers. Although, we are going for a specific reason.

Ip-Dip

Or Ip-Dip II to be precise. For those who don’t know what the term“Ip-Dip” is I will explain it.

Ip-Dip (definition by Buzz): a person who does something stupid or annoying while at Disney.

Now a question you might already have formed in your head may be “why would you want to spend time with Ip Dip’s? They are fantastic wonderful people, that is why. They don’t care about looks, disabilities, economic status, etc. they see the person for who they are on the inside and share a love of Disney. I adore these people, the ones we know that will be there again and the ones we hope to meet.

We had a trip scheduled Oct. 25 – Oct. 30th, then someone wicked named Scott started talking about “Ip Dip II”. I am admin at Enchanted, I help with the graphics and he asked me to make a little banner with the date so that people could click it to go directly to the chit chat about it, get information, and see if they wanted to go. How could I make the banner and not go check out the thread? I had to, didn’t I?

I kept reading day after day, seeing Enchanters talking about maybe being able to come. Then the wicked Scott and his sinful partner in crime - geminiangel aka Traci started posting things like this to me:

Scott comments:

“Tracy switch it to earlier in the month, you know you want to.”

“you cannot escape us.

IP-DIP IP-DIP IP-DIP

Come Tracy and Bill, come to Ip-Dip.”

Traci’s comments:

“Come on Tracy. You guys gotta come!”

“And forget not reading this thread. Start finding a way for you and Bill to join us Missy!”

“Yeah, Bill won't be able to resist a dinner with the coolest bunch in town.”

“Come on now Tracy. Do I have to have Nova send you a message pleading with you to come? How can you turn down a 7yr old with a huge heart?”

The peer pressure was never ending. They are Ip-Dip pushers I tell you!! I caved under the pressure .

The only thing was my heart was torn, Ip-Dip has the amazing people we had a great time with last year, the first week in November has KathyRN and her family going to WDW. Bill and I had such wonderful time with our first Disney meet with them. You can’t meet a nicer family if you searched for a 100 years. Kathy is one of the sweetest, most caring people you would ever want to meet, so of course Bill and I would love to have seen them again this year, but the dates didn’t work out .

So now we are spending a weekend in October with our Enchanted peeps and I am happy to be able to do that.

Next installment…who the heck are we anyway?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Stacybaeasm
DIS Veteran

I feel the same way about October as you do. I think our trips will overlap. It looks like you get there a couple of days earlier than I do. What, exactly, will the Ip-Dip II entail? I've never really heard of you guys but you sound like fun people.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacybaeasm View Post
I feel the same way about October as you do. I think our trips will overlap. It looks like you get there a couple of days earlier than I do. What, exactly, will the Ip-Dip II entail? I've never really heard of you guys but you sound like fun people.
Welcome Stacy . Thanks for posting. We will be there Oct. 9 - Oct. 12th, just a quick weekend trip to meet up with friends. Ip-Dip II will just be us hanging out in the parks and have a meal or two together. Buzz, our fearless or insane leader depending on how you look at it is utterly hilarious. As the PTR goes on I will talk a little about the people meeting us on the journey.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Uh-oh! Here come those sniffles again!!

LYMI

Tracy and Bill, have a great Ip-DipTrip!!!

Kathy
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Uh-oh! Here come those sniffles again!!

LYMI

Tracy and Bill, have a great Ip-DipTrip!!!

Kathy
AWWW, LYMI . Thank you.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I'm sad to be missing you and Kathy.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Aww I am sad too. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post

Oh no, here we go again!!

Am I gonna hafta keep a box of Kleenex by the keyboard????

(I will miss you, too, Hedy!)

Kathy
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Woo-hoo! I'm here too Tracy! I'm glad you and Bill are going to be able to get down there for the October Ip-Dip Festivities! I was trying to talk Shawn into a quick trip down during free dining (but as late into FD as we possibly could...like checking in on Oct 3rd, LOL), but so far, no bites! Not that it would overlap with you anyways, but I'd be close!!!

You're gonna have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!

Sara
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Tracy (& Bill)!

I'm so glad you have a new PTR going! I'm looking forward to following along with you guys. The first Ip-Dip Fest sounded like a blast - I'm sure this one will be great too!!!!
Hi Amy!! Thanks for reading, I would think the Ip-Dippers could make anything fun. We might add Lapu Lapu's this year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Woo-hoo! I'm here too Tracy! I'm glad you and Bill are going to be able to get down there for the October Ip-Dip Festivities! I was trying to talk Shawn into a quick trip down during free dining (but as late into FD as we possibly could...like checking in on Oct 3rd, LOL), but so far, no bites! Not that it would overlap with you anyways, but I'd be close!!!

You're gonna have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!

Sara
Hi Sara!! Thanks for posting. Shawn just needs to let you do what you want to do .
Old 04-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post

Hi Sara!! Thanks for posting. Shawn just needs to let you do what you want to do .

I couldn't agree more!

Sara
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
mrsksomeday

April is Autism Awareness Month

In honor of the many Enchanted and DISer members with family or friends that have Autism I would like to bring attention to the fact that April is Autism Awareness Month.

- 1 in 150 individuals is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.

- 1 in 94 boys is on the autism spectrum

- 67 children are diagnosed per day

- A new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes

- It occurs in all racial, ethnic, and social groups and is four times more likely to strike boys than girls.

- Autism impairs a person's ability to communicate and relate to others.

-It is also associated with rigid routines and repetitive behaviors, such as obsessively arranging objects or following very specific routines.

- Symptoms can range from very mild to quite severe.

- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.

- Autism costs the nation over $35 billion per year, a figure expected to significantly increase in the next decade

- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases

- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism

- There is no medical detection or cure for autism

For more information go to Autism Speaks

================================================== =============================================

Now a little note from me:

It is very important to remember in every day life and in WDW that just because a child is not behaving in what people might label as "normal" doesn't mean that child is spoiled, being a brat, or being loud. That child might have Autism and is coping with it they only way they can. So before judging a parent, a relative, a friend, a stranger or the child look past the behavior and think that there might be factors behind it.

Thanks for reading this.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #15
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that Tracy!! It brought tears to my eyes reading the last part that you added about kids behavior. There have been so many times that I've felt the need to explain Alex to people... he looks very much like his "typical" peers but can act so different sometimes. Thanks for bringing attention to the issue.

Tags
cerebral palsy, mrsksomeday, october, power wheelchair, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: