Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
sturgeon132
Earning My Ears

Potential new Disney Park Service survey (For class at Villanova University)

Hi, I haven't posted here in awhile but am a huge Disney fan. In my marketing of services class, our group project is to come up with a new service for a company. Our group's idea is for Disney to implement a Dreampass, which would work like the FOTL pass at Universal in that people that have it would get to use the fastpass line all day as much as they wanted. The catch is that it will only be available to deluxe resort guests at Disney World for an extra fee. My questions are:

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service?

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it?

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World?

With the small number of hotels at Disney Land, all hotel guests would receive an option to add the dreampass feature to their tickets. At Disney World with near 20 resorts, this would simply be infeasible which is why we are limiting it to deluxe resort guests. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sturgeon132; 03-31-2009 at 03:05 PM.
sturgeon132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
dobtia
DIS Veteran

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service? Would be interested, but stay off site at a great, close timeshare.

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? Not sure what a good price would be. I will say ballpark $50. We are a family of three so even that price would probably be more that we would want.

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? We go every year, so not really. It would not push me on site, and would not push me to a deluxe resort. The one draw back for us would be if something like this limited fastpasses. We might actually go less.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Edit---Somehow I missd that it said for Deluxe resort guests only. This seems very elitist, and something poeple like me would be excluded from. We only can afford values. I like FP and the fact that it is free. I think maybe it would be nice if on-property guests got a slightly upgraded FP, maybe allowing us a couple at a time or something. But I think this is a bad idea and would make me feel badly of Disney if they did this like they would be making young, hard working but less affluent families like mine feel less welcome.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread

Last edited by MickeyMomOfThree; 03-31-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Somehow I missed that it said Deluxe Guests Only!!!!
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

No! I think its ridiculous that universal has ppl pay for the service, I pray WDW never does. Its expensive enough, I have never been able to afford staying at a deluxe and with todays economy I dont think it would be a smart move.
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

I suppose someone who got a bonus at AIG could afford it...

There are already venues for the uber-rich to bypass the lines. Let's not give them a cheaper alternative.

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

I own at deluxe DVC and I still think this idea is a bad one. I hope disney never does this.
Just not fair to anyone else who paid their money to get into the park..now you are telling them they can get in, but they get to stand forever while a privilged few get to ride rides quickly?
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
StitchBelle
"I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he will be my Squishy!"

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service? I would be interested, it sounds like a neat idea.

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? I have no idea what a good price would be, but I imagine there would probably be different prices for kids and adults

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? No, because we always stay at Value Resorts; therefore, we wouldn't be eligible.

Disney College Program Alumna--Fall Advantage 2005
All Star Music--April 2008
Pop Century--October 2012
StitchBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
Diznotyzed
Mesmerized by the Sunday Night Glow of The Wonderful World of Color
I don't shave my legs - I use tweezers

I wouldn't pay for it, and would probably visit less often if they had it.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service?

*no. Fastpass is just fine*

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? *I wouldn't, because Fastpass is free*

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? *it would decrease them.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
omghidanielle
DIS Veteran

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service? Not at all

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? $0

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? It may make me decide to visit less.

I think this is a terrible idea. Fast Pass is great as it is. It's kind of obnoxious that the people with more money would get an easy-on. This idea is entirely for-profit and does not at all take into consideration the guests who will be waiting in those long lines in the summer heat and get to see the same people jump on the Everest (for example), only to hop the snakes and get back on 5 minutes later, while they've only moved a few feet.

I would also rather spend the $50 adding WaterParks to my base ticket!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #11
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service? Not at all.

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? Nothing.

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? Would probably visit less frequently. We typically go once or twice a year.

I appreciate that you're researching new ways to market, but I really don't like this idea. I recognize that different people can afford to do different things and make choices about how they spend money, but I don't want to see WDW turn into a caste system.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

Actually, Disney already offers a special perk of Extra Magic Hours for resort guests. I'm with the others who posted that something like your description of a Dreampass sounds elitist and isn't something Disney would do. Good luck with your assignment!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
LadyZolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
3kidsfordis
Mouseketeer

1. Yes, I'd be interested in a dreampass.

2. With the outrageous price of the deluxes it should be included.

3. It might not get me there anymore, but it would get me back to staying on-site. On the other hand, it might make me stay less days. For example, if I could do what I wanted more quickly I would probably stay a few days in a deluxe with a dreampass. With three kids, it would be all I could take in a single hotel room and two deluxe rooms would be out of the question. I'd then go off-site for the remainder of my vacation and do Sea World, pool days etc.
I'd then be approaching a Disney visit like a Universal visit meaning on-site only for the time I want to go to the parks.
3kidsfordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
dancingurl210
Earning My Ears

1. Would you be interested in the Dreampass service? Probably

2. How much would you be willing to spend on it? No more than $25 per person.

3. Would a service like this increase your visits to Disney World? No

**I agree with MickeyMomofThree that it would be a nice perk of staying onsite at any level hotel. I think that something like this would be a great way to encourage people to stay at Disney Resorts as a whole. If this was the case it would do more to sway my hotel decision.**

Good Luck!
dancingurl210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
njprincess601
DIS Veteran

1. definitely.
2. i don't think there should be charge. the people who staying at, and paying for, a deluxe hotel deserve to have a little something extra as an added incentive. and maybe this would get more people to stay deluxe.
3. i don't think it would increase our visits, however it would probably keep us at the deluxe hotels.
njprincess601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: