Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #91
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your purchases are really cute! What a great deal on the shirts. I really like the Crocs, and for $10, you just can't go wrong.

I might have to go hit up Disneyshopping.com, we have a $40 gift card I am trying to resist on using to save for December...but....but...sales are so tempting!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #92
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Love the new purchases, especially the mickey shirt and the crocs. I have got to get myself some cute crocs or something comfy to go with capris also. I'll have to see how much I can find those for around here. You're making me want to venture back over to disney shopping Speaking of which, someone told me you can get disney dollars on there and I can't find them. Do you by any chance know where to get them?

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #93
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Hi Kristen!
All the stuff you bought looks great! Love the Vera Bradley, I am a huge fan, I have 3-4 of her bags. That is a great pattern/style, and it will be easy to carry around the parks. What a bargain finder you are!

I love the idea of getting the kids something ahead of time! They will never know the difference so you save some money but still get them something nice They will look adorable in their new sweatshirts!

Kyle and I are heading up your way soon, well to Boston so sort of haha! We have Red Sox tickets for May 6th and 7th. I love it up there, I would move to your area if it wasn't for us being stuck in CT for Kyle's work. Oh well, maybe someday!

Have a great weekend!
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #94
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

CUTE purchases!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #95
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post

Arrival day Monday, 9/14
Mom & my flight leaves Boston about 7 a.m. due to land in Orlando about 10:30 a.m., breeze through ME, head to POP. Jodi will be driving up from SC and it's about a 5 hour trip to Orlando for her, so she'll plan to meet us at POP about noontime. We'll grab lunch at "Everything POP", tour the resort, hopefully get our room and clean up, monorail ride, we're planning on heading to DTD this afternoon/night to get into the spirit of things, have a nice dinner and head to be early so we're ready for the next day. I was thinking about having dinner at "The Wave" in the Contemporary, my Mom & sis like sushi, it's newer, anyone hear anything about it? Suggestions? Ideas?

Lots of traveling if you're gonna go to DTD and the Contemporary and ride the monorail ... You may want to consider doing DTD or a tour of the monorail resorts (and with good timing, you could watch the Electric Boat Pageant if you stick to the latter) ... Lots of good restaurant options in either case. Check out the menus on the All Ears web site ...

Tuesday, 9/15 Epcot day
lunch (Tanergine Cafe)
dinner (Le Celliar)

I've heard lots of good things about Tangerienne Cafe - it's on my short list ... Good luck with getting an ADR at Le Cellier!!

Wednesday, 9/16 MK day
Would love to make opening ceremonies this day, Mom & Jodi seem to care less either way, but I'm going to be there. I can't wait!!
lunch (Terrace Noodle)
dinner (Ohana)

You gotta be there for the opening!! And grab a spot directly in front of the train station ...

Thursday, 9/17 Epcot
lunch (Sunshine Seasons)
dinner (Teppan Edo)

Tappan Edo is great!!

Friday, 9/18 Departure day
We'll have our bags held at POP and head over to DHS for the morning.
breakfast (CS) at resort
lunch at DHS (TS) Anyone? Thinking Brown Derby....
back to resort, pickup from Magical Express about 3ish for our 7pm flight. Has anyone left at this time? Do you think it's doable to do DHS that morning and spend most of the day there? We usually fly out earlier in the day, so wasn't sure if this would work or not? Thoughts? Ideas?

No problem - and DHS is a nice, relaxing park to visit on your last day. However, you may want to stick to just a CS lunch to save time and use that 4th TS for a meal at Epcot (maybe an early breakfast with the princesses at Akershus? - or at the Crystal Palace in the MK?) - especially since you'll be spending two days at Epcot ...

We're trying to eat at some new places that we haven't been to. I did eat at Le Celliar and can't wait to go again but everything else (other than "Everything POP" will be new for us). We can't make dining ressies until the end of June, but it's good to be prepared and I'm starting to think I should have back up ideas of places to go to because of the free dining. So if anyone has any other dining ideas for me, I'd love to hear them!!

MK Counter Service - try Columbia Harbor House if you're in that area of the park instead of trekking over to Tomorrowland ... and go upstairs for a quieter meal ...

Does anyone think only one day in MK is not enough besides me? Is that enough as adults?

Should be enough - (yea - who am I kidding - one day is NEVER enough!!!) ... also consider taking advantage of evening EMH ...

Okay...off to catch up around here some, hope to hear from you all soon!!

I'm here ... and all caught up ...

Plans look good, but be sure to check the park calendars when they come out in early June. You may want to revise your plan based on EMH, Fantasmic! and Spectromagic schedule, anticipated crowd levels, etc.

And no visit to Animal Kingdom?? I think you may have more fun at AK than DHS ... (check with Mom ...)

And don't forget afternoon breaks - especially on the Epcot days (lots of walking) and if the weather's hot, hazy, humid (in other words, like it is here in NJ ... )

I'm going with my Mom, too in September ... and like yours, she's excited about being in WDW with all her boys and grandaughters - first family trip in about 30 years (when we all went to ... WDW!)

But it looks like our paths will only cross ... as we travel on busses to different parks!!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #96
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

I'm in...

Good for you on the 5k. I was doing the Couch to 5k program and was on week six when my mom had to undergo emergency surgery and almost died.

She was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon Cancer and just finished her 9th Chemo treatment. She is doing great and just turned 73!!!

Anywho....needless to say that derailed the program....I plan to start again. It was great for beginners but it sounds like you are well underway. Good luck to you on that.

We will be staying at Pop for the first time Sept 4th through the 9th to celebrate out 10 year anniversary and my b-day. I couldn't resist free dining and we couldn't afford to recreate our honeymoon trip to Alaska.

As for getting your mom and sister into MK early....would you consider making an early ADR for Crystal Palace? Their breakfast is so yummy and I think it's so pretty inside.....I know you won't have the kiddos but I would do it without our son in a heartbeat. OR how about Kona Cafe for an early breakfast then Monorail to MK?

What about Boma for a breakfast or dinner? I can't remember if you went there on your last trip or not. Both are very good and it could be an option if you don't get your first picks. Plus you can look around AKL too.

I think both Boma and Crytal Palace are reasonable to pay out of pocket if you don't want to use credits.

Because it may be 1000 degrees our trip is going to be alot of water parks. I think we will breakfasts, water parks, rest a bit then parks at night. The one exception will be one day of MK with an early ADR at Crystal Palace.

Okay, now I am rambling....

Catch up soon

Oh and does your hubby ever get that he looks like the guy who won the first Apprentice? I think his name was Bill?? Reading your last trip report everytime I saw a pic that's who popped in my head
Gabrielsbigtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #97
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
I'm in...

Good for you on the 5k. I was doing the Couch to 5k program and was on week six when my mom had to undergo emergency surgery and almost died.

She was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon Cancer and just finished her 9th Chemo treatment. She is doing great and just turned 73!!!

Anywho....needless to say that derailed the program....I plan to start again. It was great for beginners but it sounds like you are well underway. Good luck to you on that.

We will be staying at Pop for the first time Sept 4th through the 9th to celebrate out 10 year anniversary and my b-day. I couldn't resist free dining and we couldn't afford to recreate our honeymoon trip to Alaska.

As for getting your mom and sister into MK early....would you consider making an early ADR for Crystal Palace? Their breakfast is so yummy and I think it's so pretty inside.....I know you won't have the kiddos but I would do it without our son in a heartbeat. OR how about Kona Cafe for an early breakfast then Monorail to MK?

What about Boma for a breakfast or dinner? I can't remember if you went there on your last trip or not. Both are very good and it could be an option if you don't get your first picks. Plus you can look around AKL too.

I think both Boma and Crytal Palace are reasonable to pay out of pocket if you don't want to use credits.

Because it may be 1000 degrees our trip is going to be alot of water parks. I think we will breakfasts, water parks, rest a bit then parks at night. The one exception will be one day of MK with an early ADR at Crystal Palace.

Catch up soon

Oh and does your hubby ever get that he looks like the guy who won the first Apprentice? I think his name was Bill?? Reading your last trip report everytime I saw a pic that's who popped in my head
LOL That's funny! I never noticed it until you said it but, yes, his name is Bill and Todd really does look like him a lot!!

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #98
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
LOL That's funny! I never noticed it until you said it but, yes, his name is Bill and Todd really does look like him a lot!!

He really does!!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #99
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
SOOO cute! I may have to get some of those
They are pretty cute, aren't they? And they come in a lot of colors...I've been looking them up online to see reviews and they are cute in color, too. But the white will be nice with everything this Summer and for my vacation. Plus, they are super comfy, just like my mary janes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love the Crocs you got! Those will look very cute with capris. I have been eyeing that style for awhile now.

I had some kids I had to buy souvenirs for when I went in 2005. I ended up getting some stuffed animals on clearance at the Disney Store along with some towels and they never knew any different! Plus I didn't have to lug home souvenirs.

The tees are super cute! I love them, especially the Tink one for you.
Thanks for the tip, LL. They are cute, aren't they? I think I could wear them with capris, shorts, or even skirts, right? I've never seen that style before but that was the only pair Ocean State had in my size. So I said, why not for the price, and now I'm glad I got them!!!

That's what I was thinking to about the souvies...less for me to search for in the parks and less to carry home for the boys. I will most likely get them something else small like a pin or something but at least they will have a new sweatshirt going into our New England Fall!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
HI Kristen!!

I'm not sure how I missed you starting this...but I'm here now!
I'm going to subscribe and get caught up tonite...I wanna go outside and play in the sunshine this morning

Paula
Hi Paula! Thanks for finding me and joining along!! Glad to have you here!!! Hope you got to enjoy some of the nice weather this weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Ooops. Too obsessed for my own good. Love the t-shirt you got for yourself. Score on the sweatshirts for the kids. I love your crocs- they're adorable! I didn't end up shopping yesterday but I think I may now...
So..did you find anything shopping? Sorry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Congrats on signing up for your 1st 5k. Before you know it, you will be coming up with excuses to do Disney races - LOL!

The only races I have ever done were Disney races, and to be honest, the main (ok, only!) reason I signed up was because it was yet another Disney experience! Nothing like having yet another excuse to take a trip to WDW!!!
Shhh...don't tell Todd.....you may be onto something! It may be worth me always running to get into that marathon!! How long have you been running? It's a lot of work...when you're as out of shape as I am! I'm doing the "couch to 5K" training....so far so good, but just not sure how I'll do that day of the race!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #100
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your purchases are really cute! What a great deal on the shirts. I really like the Crocs, and for $10, you just can't go wrong.

I might have to go hit up Disneyshopping.com, we have a $40 gift card I am trying to resist on using to save for December...but....but...sales are so tempting!
Ooo Brook, there are a lot of great deals on there right now...did you get a chance to take a look? What did you find, if so? There is a Disney store at a mall about 1/2 hour from here and this weekend we ended up there and I went into get my Disney fix, well, don't you know, they have the same deal in store, without shipping so I could have got the tshirts there BUT I had the 25% off coupon so even with shipping I thnk I did pretty well for myself! They haven't come yet, but seeing them in person this weekend I was happy with my choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Love the new purchases, especially the mickey shirt and the crocs. I have got to get myself some cute crocs or something comfy to go with capris also. I'll have to see how much I can find those for around here. You're making me want to venture back over to disney shopping Speaking of which, someone told me you can get disney dollars on there and I can't find them. Do you by any chance know where to get them?
Thanks Tracy, I made out well, did you check it out? Did you get anything? I'm not sure about the Disney Dollars online, never tried that before...do you have a Disney store near you? Maybe you could call Disney merchandising and get them?? Just an idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Hi Kristen!
All the stuff you bought looks great! Love the Vera Bradley, I am a huge fan, I have 3-4 of her bags. That is a great pattern/style, and it will be easy to carry around the parks. What a bargain finder you are!

I love the idea of getting the kids something ahead of time! They will never know the difference so you save some money but still get them something nice They will look adorable in their new sweatshirts!

Kyle and I are heading up your way soon, well to Boston so sort of haha! We have Red Sox tickets for May 6th and 7th. I love it up there, I would move to your area if it wasn't for us being stuck in CT for Kyle's work. Oh well, maybe someday!

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Lauren for your sweet comments. Yes, I'm a bargain shopper for sure! You have to be with three little ones and one income! But I love the challenge, too!! LOL! And do pretty well.

Yay for going to the Red Sox game!We just went to see the Paw Sox on Saturday afternoon with the boys in RI. It was fun and the right speed for the boys...plus, it was sooo nice out so it was fun!! Boston is a great city...hope you get to move there someday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
CUTE purchases!
Thank you!!!! I made out pretty well, didn't I? And to think, I still have 4+ more months to go!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #101
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
I'm here ... and all caught up ...

Plans look good, but be sure to check the park calendars when they come out in early June. You may want to revise your plan based on EMH, Fantasmic! and Spectromagic schedule, anticipated crowd levels, etc.

And no visit to Animal Kingdom?? I think you may have more fun at AK than DHS ... (check with Mom ...)

And don't forget afternoon breaks - especially on the Epcot days (lots of walking) and if the weather's hot, hazy, humid (in other words, like it is here in NJ ... )

I'm going with my Mom, too in September ... and like yours, she's excited about being in WDW with all her boys and grandaughters - first family trip in about 30 years (when we all went to ... WDW!)

But it looks like our paths will only cross ... as we travel on busses to different parks!!
Hi Joel!
Thanks for joining along and thanks for all of your GREAT ideas!!!! You made some great points and had some nice suggestions, all of which I'm seriously considering. I will let you know what we decide. When do you think they will have the schedules out for the parks? We can make ADR's in June so before then probably, right? Looks like our paths will cross again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
I'm in...

Catch up soon

Hi!! Thanks for joining us and for all the GREAT ideas! I think I need to come up with a spreadsheet and add in these great suggestions you're giving me!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, and I'm so happy to hear she's doing so well now. I can't even imagine. She sounds like a very strong woman!! And thanks for the motivation with my running...I've never done anything like this before but I'm excited about it. Although my shins aren't today...this mornings run killed me!

I've never done Crystal palace before, do you think it' something just adults would have fun with? And that way we're in MK early right?

Congrats on your 10 year anniversary! Todd & I will be married 9 years in September ourselves and Disneymooned. We're actually planning an island trip next year to just relax and celebrate (my Mom is watching the boys!!). Are you doing a PTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
He really does!!
And yes, Todd gets that he looks like Bill Resnick (spelling??) all of the time!! You guys are too funny.....Of course, I think Todd is much cuter!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #102
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi guys,

Happy Monday!I hope you all had a great weekend!

Ours was super busy....Saturday morning we picked up the boys their first real pets, we have a cat named, Kalie, but according to the boys she is "our" pet, not "theirs" so we decided they were ready and got them some goldfish. We got a 10 gallon tank and 2 goldfish that we named "Buzz & Woody" and an algea eater fish names "Slinky"-- you should see the boys, they are mesmerized by these fish!! It's been a huge source of entertainment around here, why didn't I think of this sooner? LOL!! That afternoon we headed to RI and went to see the Paw Sox play, I got free tickets to the ball game and it was a lot of fun for us all. We only made it to the 6th inning but that's okay, the tickets were free and that was a lot of time for Cole to sit still for a baseball game! The weather was perfect being outdoors all day, it was a nice family day for us.

Yesterday we spent the day in our yard...with all the tree work,fencing, etal we've been doing, we havent had time to get out and try to make something of our yard. So we spent the day treating the "lawn" and planting seed and pulling out bushes and that sort. We made a big difference out there and hope that the seed works so we'll someday have a lawn! Wish us luck!!

Not too much new with my Disney plans...you guys have all given me SO many good ideas recently that I'm thinking of making a spreadsheet (too OCD like??) and seeing what I can come up with. I appreciate all the suggestions, comments and ideas, keep them coming!! I can't wait for the hours of the parks to come out, EMH so we can make more definate plans.

I hope everyone is having a good day so far and I hope everyone has a great week!
ttys!!
Kristen
Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #103
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen! Sounds like you did have a busy weekend. Family time outdoors is always the best. I love nice days where you can spend the whole day outside. We have a LOT of yard work to do this year also. Someday maybe it will be done and we'll just get to enjoy it,lol.

Nope, no disney store around here. I did head over to disneyshopping but I'm waiting for my credit to appear on there before I order anything (bought a shirt for Dylan and Blake and neither one fit) I also checked on the crocs and couldn't find them yet. I did look on the croc website and they want $50 for themLooks like you really got a steal on those. I will have to keep looking I guess and hopefully I will find something soon.

I am with you on waiting for the park hours. It would be nice to know for sure.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #104
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

For your running - make sure you have good shoes. That is one point that is very important - it made a huge difference for me. I don't like spending $100 bucks on shoes but really good ones that fit well is the key.

I have never done a trip report but I may try to do one this time.

This board made our first trip as a family in 2007 absolutely perfect. I learned so much from reading and of course my husband finally understood what it was I was doing with my nose stuck in my laptop everyday all day. He was very thankful I did my research, although he kept saying "are you sure we aren't going to get a bill for these meals"....he just couldn't believe the dining deals. That was before they took off apps and gratuity. It's still a good deal but wow was it a deal before!

As for Crystal Palace - it's a Character Breakfast but it's sooooo good I would definitly do it without kids. We saw just adults there all 3 times we have been. I can't vouch for dinner but breakfast is yummy! Especially, breakfast lasagne - not what you thiink and Pooh Bear Puffs
Really suggesting it to get your crew into the MK early for you. Kona for breakfast is supposed to be very good too.

When do they realease the park hours for September?
Gabrielsbigtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #105
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Hey Kristen! Sounds like you had a great weekend! We had awesome weather here last week and nothing but rain for the weekend!

Tonight we're getting snow flurries and it's dipping down to the 30s! yikes! :eek

But starting Wed. we'll be sailing into the upper 70s so I think it's all downhill from here! WOoo HOoo! to the summer beginning!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: