Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #691
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

SO exciting!!!

Weather looks really good, by the way. Still kind of typical summer weather- high 80's and 90's with chance of showers in the afternoon. Can you believe how cold it's been in New England. I wanted to put my heat on this morning!!

Delta- you get your one carry on and personal item for "free." Then I think it is $5 for a checked bag.
Effective for tickets purchased on or after July 16, 2009 for travel on or after August 4, 2009 there will be a $5 surcharge for each of the first two checked bags unless prepaid during online check-in at delta.com.
Bounceback - the trip I am about to go on was booked as bounceback last December. If you don't see an offer in your room, ask at the front desk b/c sometimes the flyers disappear. I say if you're thinking about it and have an idea of dates to go ahead and book it. You can always cancel without penalty but you can't get the discount again. Similarly book the max # of days you'd stay - you can always delete but tough to add on.

Love your top 10 list. You're going to have such a great time!!

Just in case I don't "see" you before Sunday afternoon - have a GREAT time!!!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #692
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Oh my gosh! I love this pic! Cole is looking at Lucas with such admiration, you can tell he really loves his big brother!

On the Delta checked bag charge, DH travels quite a bit and he told me it was $15 - of course, he could be getting his airlines mixed up too!
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #693
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Awe...I hope Ethan gets better. I know how you feel DD cried every day she had preschool, so I was quite worried when she started Kindergarten last year and she was fine. And now that she is in first grade she loves it. Hang in there, hopefully he will get better.

As for online check in for your room, I don't think it hurts if you use it. They may even have your room ready when you arrive. We used it for our trip in April but we arrived at 9pm so I am not sure if it made any difference as our room was ready and there were no other people checking in at the time.

Good luck and have tons of fun!!

Can't wait to hear all your stories.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #694
pmama
DIS Veteran

I know you will have a fabulous trip and can't wait to hear all about it. Boy you all start school late over there. We've been in full swing for a month now. I too have been suffering from mommy guilt with Faith. She picks the strangest times to start crying and makes me feel guilty. She cries over and over, "I want you, I want you". I ended up having to carry her into a staff meeting last week because she would not stop crying or leave my side. Luckily she loves school. It is the other curricular activities we're having trouble with.

Have a fabulous time, take lots of pictures.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #695
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

My last post before I go.....

I can't believe this is it, my last post before I go!!! WOW...2 more days!! I will be in Disney World!!! I'm coming to terms with it, leaving the family and all, I will be sure to be a basketcase when I say goodbye tomorrow but I'm determined to make this the best all girl trip and enjoy this once in a lifetime trip with my Mom and sister!!

I have packed, I still need to throw in my shoes and last minute things. I have a full size suitcase ready to go for just me! But there is a lot I'm bringing that we all need, so I'm justifying it that way. The grocery shopping is done, the menu is planned for Todd and the boys for the week, the laundry is done (today!), the bills are paid and the schedule is posted for the week. I'm as ready as I'm going to be, at this point.

This a.m I went out for an eye brow wax, pedi and mani so I'm in good shape there. This afternoon we had a 5 year old birthday party to attend and then tonight we should have had an 80's party but (thankfully!) it was cancelled due to the weather here, it's cold and rainy and they were cooking out. Ethan's 1st soccer practice/game was cancelled today too, it kind of worked out better so we had some more time to have together. Tonight we're planning on watching a Disney movie as a family while we have a picnic dinner and before calling it a day.

Mom will be driving up to me tomorrow and we plan to leave here about 1 p.m. to Boston to have an early dinner and get some rest at the Marriott park and shuttle to Logan. Our flight is 7 a.m out of Boston with an expected arrival at MCO about 10:15 a.m, so think of us when you're going for your 2nd cup of coffee Monday morning. I will finally be in Disney!!! Jodi can't pick the car up from the car rental place until 8 a.m in Hilton Head before coming to us, so she won't get to us until at least 1 or so, we'll plan to have lunch at "Everything Pop" while waiting for her and heading to MK!!

I want to thank you all for reading, encouraging me to write a PTR (can you believe I started this in March?!!!), all of your great suggestions and support through difficult times, it means a lot to me and most importantly, thanks for counting down with me and making time to even quicker for me!

I hope you will all stayed tune for my TR when I get home, I hope for lots of pics, so keep an eye out for it!

For those of you going to Disney while I'm away or right when I get home, if I don't talk to you beforehand, have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading about all of your trips, too!!

Take care!!
Kristen
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #696
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

You are ready to go! Good for you! You sound organized!

Hope you, your mom and your sister have a super duper magical trip! I know you will! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Have some champagne for me in France... and tell those waiters to get ready. I'll be there in 12 days!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #698
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Kristen,

I LOVE the new pics...soo cute. The one of you and all 3 boys is FABULOUS! Can't believe you are starting your journey tomorrow. Be safe and have a fantastic girls trip. I can't wait to hear how it went and see the pictures.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #699
Perkins5
I'm just a little Disney obsessed!

Have a wonderful time!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #700
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! Have a fabulous trip!!!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #701
joelp
DIS Veteran

It's 6:30 Sunday morning ... so that means you're up and "repacking" your suitcase to make sure you haven't forgotten anything ...
Have a magical trip!!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #702
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Well, you should be on your way to Boston right now. Have a fantastic trip, can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #703
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I know I've missed you, but it has been a crazy busy weekend, and I slept through much of the week, as you know. Just wanted to send my good vibes out to you wherever you are on the beginning of this wonderful journey.

Relax and have a great time with the girls! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #704
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

You are off in the morning! Hope you are enjoying Boston tonight and relaxing as you get ready to jet off!

Have a WONDERFUL time! Enjoy the time with your Mom and Sister! I am sure your kids will be just fine! It is good for Dads to have some time alone with kids! They can make some of their own special memories!

When I was there a few weeks ago there was a Bounceback flyer in my room. I thought of it for a second but Grumpy would have killed me. I don't think I'll be back till October 2011 sadly.

Will see you when you return!

Allyson
MomofCKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #705
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

I definitely understand how you feel going on vaca- and leaving your family. My best friends and I have often talked about going somewhere together but when i think of going on vaca- which doesn't get to happen enough- I just can't picture myself going without my husband. I almost feel bad. So I understand- but once you are there you will be having the time of your life. Plus, it will be nice to be just the girls.

Have fun.. I'm jealous! hehe And I look forward to seeing your TR!!
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: