Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #646
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

13 more days!!!!!!!

Today was Ethan's 1st day of 1st grade! The poor thing woke up with a cold!!! It was only a matter of time, Lucas and Cole have it,too....nothing too bad, just that annoying post nasal thing. So hopefully he'll be okay. He was excited, Mommy wasn't as much. I did well though, I didn't cry until he got on the bus and as I was walking up the driveway, so he doesn't know!! The bus picked him up at 8:40 and he'll be home about 3:45! It's a long day, so I'm going to miss my big boy. Thought today I'd share some back to school pics with you all, thanks for letting me share!!

My 1st grader!!!

Lucas and Cole this a.m.

just Lukey!!

All my boys!

Ethan and Cole--I like this one, it's a very natural smile on Ethan.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!

Off to the bus....and he didn't even look back! But he did wave from the window!!

Time flies.....have a great day!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #647
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awww, he looks like such a big boy!!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #648
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I love his toothless grin - so cute! Congrats on getting him off to school without letting him see you cry! I'm sure he'll have a great day.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #649
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Aww, I hate that feeling when they walk away and don't turn back. You spend so many years guarding, teaching, loving, and just being with them and then you have to let them go: It's hard, especially for such a long day. I hope he LOVES school unlike my little future truant

It sure looks like you have your hands full with that bunch

I really think you NEED that girls only trip!

It will be so fun! Bring on the Pink!

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Gabrielsbigtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #650
joelp
DIS Veteran

Just wait until he goes away to college!! (only kidding ...)

Our DD starts 1st grade tomorrow ... ... and I don't expect to sleep all that well tonight ... and wanna bet my DW doesn't let loose with the when we drop her off??

13 days to go!!

And that means only 16 more for me!!

Guess I'd better update my PTR ...

But for now - the DD and I are off to the home of that other mouse (Chuckie) for some "last day of summer vacation" fun ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #651
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

I'd have to say that Austin would completelyyyy disagree with your mother on the whole "It's a Small World" as the first ride to make the trip start off enjoyable.. I guess I can say he pretty much didn't like that ride at all. Which at first he said he was ok, but that is lasted way to long and grew really boring, quick. But I wouldn't mind it first. I love traditions at WDW.

The pictures of the kids off to school are really cute. And I love the disney drawings
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #652
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww, he looks like such a big boy!!
He does, doesn't he? It's just like the new haircut and the "handsome" clothes made him into a BIG boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I love his toothless grin - so cute! Congrats on getting him off to school without letting him see you cry! I'm sure he'll have a great day.
LOL, thanks! I'm sure he's doing just fine....wish I knew what he was up to though!!! Soon enough....the day if flying by!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Aww, I hate that feeling when they walk away and don't turn back. You spend so many years guarding, teaching, loving, and just being with them and then you have to let them go: It's hard, especially for such a long day. I hope he LOVES school unlike my little future truant

It sure looks like you have your hands full with that bunch

I really think you NEED that girls only trip!

It will be so fun! Bring on the Pink!
I know, he's very independant, always has been, it kills me but everyone assures me I'll be very happy he is when he's grown. To be that confident at such a young age!! He was very excited today, I'm excited for him!!!

LOL...yes, I do have my hands full with all these monkeys!!! 2, 4, 6....boys, they are TROUBLE!! And I couldn't agree with you more, an ALL GIRLS trip will be fabulous! I'm sure....PINK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Just wait until he goes away to college!! (only kidding ...)

Our DD starts 1st grade tomorrow ... ... and I don't expect to sleep all that well tonight ... and wanna bet my DW doesn't let loose with the when we drop her off??

13 days to go!!

And that means only 16 more for me!!

Guess I'd better update my PTR ...

But for now - the DD and I are off to the home of that other mouse (Chuckie) for some "last day of summer vacation" fun ...
AHHH!! College! I don't even want to think about it...wash your mouth out!! LOL!!! I hope DD has a great 1st day!! And DW does okay!! I completely understand!!!

YES, 13 more days! I better get packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you had fun with the "other mouse" today with DD, sounds like a nice way to end your Summer vacation with her!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #653
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
I'd have to say that Austin would completelyyyy disagree with your mother on the whole "It's a Small World" as the first ride to make the trip start off enjoyable.. I guess I can say he pretty much didn't like that ride at all. Which at first he said he was ok, but that is lasted way to long and grew really boring, quick. But I wouldn't mind it first. I love traditions at WDW.

The pictures of the kids off to school are really cute. And I love the disney drawings
LOL!! I"m pretty sure most people would agree with Austin!! But it's tradition for my Mom, so has become one for me, too! If you read my last TR, it was tough for me NOT to go on IASW 1st, we went with my BFF and her fam and they wanted to ride whatever they saw 1st! I was a little thrown off, but handled it just fine!! LOL!!

Aww, thanks for your compliments on Ethan's school pics, it's a big day here!! Aren't the pics they drew cute? They worked SO hard on those!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #654
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen! Love the new pics. The boys are getting so big. Ethan looks so grown up....and so much like his dad. Looks like he was ready to start the day...hope you are hanging in there. I know it is hard when they start being gone all day. Can't wait to hear the report on how his first day went. I'm sure he will have a lot to tell you.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #655
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I hope that Ethan had a great 1st day of school! Madison goes back a week from today. I'll try my best to post pics on my TR!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #656
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Hey Kristen! Love the new pics. The boys are getting so big. Ethan looks so grown up....and so much like his dad. Looks like he was ready to start the day...hope you are hanging in there. I know it is hard when they start being gone all day. Can't wait to hear the report on how his first day went. I'm sure he will have a lot to tell you.
Hey Tracy!!
I did it, I survived the 1st day of 1st grade missing my boy!!! And he did great too, afterall, this is about him, right? He loved it, had lunch in the cafeteria, saw his firends, had gym...it was a big day!!! I'm excited for him and from the sounds of it ,he got the best teacher, so that's great news, too!!! I hope it's a great year for him!!!

That's funny that you said that he looks like Todd.....everyone thought so SO much when he was born but the older he's got, the consensus is he's a combo of the two of us. But I'm with you he's all Daddy!!!

Thanks for letting me share with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I hope that Ethan had a great 1st day of school! Madison goes back a week from today. I'll try my best to post pics on my TR!

Hi Meghan!!
Ethan had a great day at school! It was so exciting to get him off the bus, I had a million questions for him and I really missed him! I was wondering where he was all day!! So now after sorting through the stack of papers,I have a good idea what his days will be like, so that's nice!! I hope Madison has a great 1st day next week!! And I really hope you plan to share some pics!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #657
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone!!!

I'm really hoping to do a bit of real update later today, a small one, but one just the same. I just had to say....did you see my countdown??!! It says one week 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!

One week, 5 days?!! I've got lots to do!!! In between everything else these days.....

Holy cow!! I'm going to Disney World!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #658
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post

Holy cow!! I'm going to Disney World!!!!!!!
Without the kids!!!

Have a great day!!!!!
You, too!!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #659
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

The time on your countdown ROCKS!!!!!That is crazy close. Before you know it you will be face to face with the mouse himself

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #660
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

WOO HOO! Thats soo soon and even though it probably seems like it will never get here- time usually picks up and so does the stress.. hehe You are soo lucky- I went in the end of May and already have withdraws.. Can't wait o to here you're update.
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: