Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #631
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

It sounds funny to hear you talk about getting ready for school to start next week - we've been back over two weeks already!

Awwww, Ethan's such a big boy starting all day school! I understand your sadness, it's hard and wonderful all at the same time watching them grow up. My oldest will start high school next year and everytime I think about it I get a big fat lump in my throat - it's amazing how fast time passes. It seems like only yesterday he was a cute little 2 year old, kicking footballs in the backyard and then running around in a circle with his arms in the air. *sigh*
Old 08-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #632
joelp
DIS Veteran

And in just 20 days ... I'll be seeing ... MOM!!

(sort of an inside joke - you need to check out my PTR ...)

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #633
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
It sounds funny to hear you talk about getting ready for school to start next week - we've been back over two weeks already!

Awwww, Ethan's such a big boy starting all day school! I understand your sadness, it's hard and wonderful all at the same time watching them grow up. My oldest will start high school next year and everytime I think about it I get a big fat lump in my throat - it's amazing how fast time passes. It seems like only yesterday he was a cute little 2 year old, kicking footballs in the backyard and then running around in a circle with his arms in the air. *sigh*
WOW, 2 weeks already?! When do the kids get out of school? Must be a short Summer for you!!!

Thanks for understanding my sadness, I was talking to him about it today and welling up a bit....he'll be gone about 8:30 every day until 3:45! That's a long day for a little boy! I'm sure he'll do just fine, just these 1st's with my first born is all....Lucas and Cole (in theory!) will have it much easier!! LOL!! WOW, HS! I can't even imagine.....it makes you want to hold onto them just that much tighter, doesn't it?

I hope you're well!! Thanks for bring strong with me! And I hope you don't mind 1st day of school pics for that days update next week!! I'll be a proud Mommy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
And in just 20 days ... I'll be seeing ... MOM!!

(sort of an inside joke - you need to check out my PTR ...)
I get it! The playdate right? You're right behind me.....getting closer every day!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #634
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Your plans for the last day look good to me.
I love both ToT and RnRC too. I think it is great that your mom will ride those. I missed the GMR last year so we will do it this year.

You have been busy. I'm not a mom but my BFF is. Her eldest DD is a senoir this year. It seems like yesterday when I was babysitting that tiny girl while her mom and dad went out. Time does move too quickly for some things.

I like the idea of you showing us where you will be until you go.

lazydoxy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #635
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

So glad "The Talk" went well with the boys! Very smart on just being honest since Ethan would have figured it out - that would have been worse. Love the "secret mission" too. And presents, ya, everyone loves presents!

I will do my very, very best to get those maps mailed to you ASAP when we get back. I can just imagine all your boys gathered around looking at the map pointing to various things on what you will be doing each day!

That Mommy Guilt is awful, isn't it? But, this will be a GREAT thing for you, your Mom, your sister and your boys. And coming home will be all the sweeter.

The purple dresses look really pretty-I think it will all look great! I like the idea of your Mom in a darker shade since she is Mom.

I've only done a very small bit of driving at WDW, but it was EASY. Very quick too. I would suggest to use the car that day - then you have more time at DHS! ME would probably pick you up around 4:00 pm, 3 hours before your flight. I think.

Your trip is just around the corner!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #636
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
WOW, 2 weeks already?! When do the kids get out of school? Must be a short Summer for you!!!
Their last day of school is May 20th, so really they get almost 3 full months of summer, but it does seem that the first day of school gets earlier and earlier every year!

Quote:
And I hope you don't mind 1st day of school pics for that days update next week!! I'll be a proud Mommy!!
I'd be disappointed if you didn't post pictures!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #637
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Your plans for the last day look good to me.
I love both ToT and RnRC too. I think it is great that your mom will ride those. I missed the GMR last year so we will do it this year.

You have been busy. I'm not a mom but my BFF is. Her eldest DD is a senoir this year. It seems like yesterday when I was babysitting that tiny girl while her mom and dad went out. Time does move too quickly for some things.

I like the idea of you showing us where you will be until you go.
Hi Kristal, thanks for your input on driving, seems easy enough and it's nice to know that it will give us more time in DHS that morning, hopefully Jodi doesn't mind driving us, now!!

Time does move too quickly, people always tell you that when you're younger but then when it happens to you, it's crazy! It seems like only yesterday Ethan was born....early, in the NICU and here he is, going to 1st grade.....WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
So glad "The Talk" went well with the boys! Very smart on just being honest since Ethan would have figured it out - that would have been worse. Love the "secret mission" too. And presents, ya, everyone loves presents!

I will do my very, very best to get those maps mailed to you ASAP when we get back. I can just imagine all your boys gathered around looking at the map pointing to various things on what you will be doing each day!

That Mommy Guilt is awful, isn't it? But, this will be a GREAT thing for you, your Mom, your sister and your boys. And coming home will be all the sweeter.

The purple dresses look really pretty-I think it will all look great! I like the idea of your Mom in a darker shade since she is Mom.

I've only done a very small bit of driving at WDW, but it was EASY. Very quick too. I would suggest to use the car that day - then you have more time at DHS! ME would probably pick you up around 4:00 pm, 3 hours before your flight. I think.

Your trip is just around the corner!!!
Hi Brook!
PHEW...thank goodness that the "talk" went well. I was so worried! But now they are getting excited to talk about it with me and Grammy, they were telling her this week of all the "new" things she's never seen and what to ride. So it's been fun!! I'm still worried about saying good bye to them that day and leaving for 5 full days, but I'll be fine, just that initial step, you know. AND yes, Mommy guilt is the worst!!! But you're SO right, it will be good for ALL of us....and Mommy will come home a new (revived! LOL!) Mommy......I hope!! LOL!!

Thanks for trying to get the maps for us, that's exactly what I envision, as well. NO worries though, if you can't do it, don't have time, it's FINE!!! I don't want you to stress over it, okay? If you can, great, if not, that's fine too!!!!

Thanks for the input on driving, seems lke that's the plan for us then our last day. To get the most out of our DHS (very short!) day.....should work out just fine then.

Okay...off to lunch. Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #638
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Their last day of school is May 20th, so really they get almost 3 full months of summer, but it does seem that the first day of school gets earlier and earlier every year!

I'd be disappointed if you didn't post pictures!
It really sneaks up on you, 3 months off and here it is time again to go back!!

Aww, thanks!!! I'll post them on Tuesday then!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #639
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

In just 16 more days.....This is sure to be our 1st ride, Mom always made us go there 1st on our family vacations, she always thought it was a happy way to start out our trips, and she was right...I can't wait! It's one of my favs....

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #640
pmama
DIS Veteran

Wow, 15 days! Can't wait to read all about it. Small World is my mother's favorite as well.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #641
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

In just 15 more sleeps, I'll be seeing......

My castle!!

I can't wait!!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend so far!! We're off to Todd's work party this afternoon....the last Sunday before school starts....WOW!

Tomorrow starts two weeks from tomorrow......
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #642
joelp
DIS Veteran

Nice pictures ...!!!

We're getting close ... !!!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #643
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm sharing some pics that the boys made for my friend, LL, here on DIS, I thought they were so cute, so thought I'd share...these are their favorite characters at Disney!!

by Ethan, age 6 (Mickey, Donald and Pluto at Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)

by Lucas, age 4 (Mickey and Minnie)

by Cole, age 2 (Mickey)

Have a Magical day!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #644
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for understanding my sadness, I was talking to him about it today and welling up a bit....he'll be gone about 8:30 every day until 3:45! That's a long day for a little boy!
Wow! That's a long school day! Madison starts at 9am and gets out at 3:05pm. Elementary school around here is always just 6 hours long. Back in Syracuse, I think we went for 6 and a half hours.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #645
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm sharing some pics that the boys made for my friend, LL, here on DIS, I thought they were so cute, so thought I'd share...these are their favorite characters at Disney!!

by Ethan, age 6 (Mickey, Donald and Pluto at Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)

by Lucas, age 4 (Mickey and Minnie)

by Cole, age 2 (Mickey)

Have a Magical day!!!!!!
I'm so glad you shared the pictures! They really put a huge smile on my face when I received them!!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: