Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #271
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

I would do one last counter service before catching ME. You'll be stuck on a plane so it might be nice to relax before the rush of the airport, etc.
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #272
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen...I am absolutely spent from a very long week but, I was just lurking on your PTR and while there were many things I wanted to comment...just too tired, until.......I got to the Ohana part, during MK fireworks...oh yes, yes, yes...you should definately try for that. We lucked out in 07 with a late dinner there and were very pleasantly surprized when the Wishes music started playing during dinner...and we could see Wishes right outside the window. It was one of the best memories of our whole trip.
LeCellier was good too but, hard to get. Looking forward to posting more soon...time for bed.
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #273
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hurrah for park hours so the planning can begin!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #274
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Okay....here we go...trying to work this out....thoughts? ideas? they are always welcome!!!!

9/14 arrival day (I still think we should go to MK for a bit this day, just because, we're in Disney World!!), we'll have lunch at POP (Everything Pop) because most likely we'll be getting there about noontime, so we'll have lunch, check in, maybe (hopefully!) get settled.....and then we thought we'd go to DTD for a bit, which is usually how I start since we have the boys and we don't want to waste a ticket for just a few hours, but since it's just us adults and we could just meander..I think it would be fun to go to MK, not sure I can convince Mom though. She's convinced we'll be too tired......not so sure about Dinner this night, either? Somewhere on the monorail, I'm thinking the Wave at the Contemporary, so at least we can see MK!! LOL!!

9/15 Epcot 8-9 a.m. EMH, park closes at 9 p.m.
lunch at Tangerine Cafe- 1 CS
dinner --- okay, here is the deal, was thinking Ohana's so we can see the fireworks at MK (MNSSHP is going on) at 9:30, so have a late dinner and watch from Poly, OR stay in the park and have dinner at (I hope!) Le Celliar...thoughts?

9/16 MK closes at 8 p.m.
Lunch (Terrace Noodle) 1 CS
was thinking dinner at Ohana but if we did that the night before, were is good at MK? This is the only real day we'll be here.

9/17 Epcot 9 p.m. close
Lunch at Sunshine Season- 1CS
Dinner at Teppan Edo or Le Celliar..if we don't do Le Celliar our 2nd night (see above)...

9/18 all parks open at 9 a.m. (our last day!)
We are planning on going to DHS this morning, most likely ME will pick us up at POP at 3 or about then. So we'll have a nice good long time there. Not sure if we should have a sit down lunch/ counter lunch....thoughts?

This is pretty rough, so would love any input....yay, I can plan!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Since your mom is iffy about going to a park, Downtown Disney sounds like a good way to ease into the Disney magic. Eat somewhere close to Magic Kingdom - The Wave, 'Ohana, or Kona maybe? - and then watch Wishes on the beautiful Polynesian beach. Your mom might choose to go on back to Pop if she's really tired.

That frees up your second night for staying longer in Epcot without using time moving from place to place.

That also frees your third night from transportation time, and you could eat in Magic Kingdom and see Spectro and Wishes. Were you looking for table service or counter service for that night? We love Crystal Palace.

If you went ahead and did Le Cellier on night two, then you get to do Teppan Edo on this night, right?

For your last day - as early as you can manage for Hollywood Studios if you plan to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. Since your time is limited there, I'd say go for counter service, although they don't have the greatest counter service options. You'd still be able to eat something somewhere and get in all the rides and shows you can before you get back to Pop. Table service will take a chunk of your shortened day.

Okay, that's all my random thoughts. You may like them, love them, or hate them, but it's always good to get other people's ideas and see what works best for your own situation. Since you only have three full days and two parts of days, I'd just try to maximize time by limiting travel, and it looks like you can get in everything you want to do quite easily.

Hope that makes sense and/or helps!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #275
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I don't have time to write everyone individually tonight but wanted to thank everyone for their input, there are A LOT of great ideas you guys posted, I really appreciate it!!! I need to make a spreadsheet of everyone's ideas and fill it and go from there....at least I have the week to do so and go from there....I think MeMom is on to something, less travel and the more we're in one place we can take advantage of more. Makes sense.....it's such a SHORT trip that we need to plan accordingly. There are some discrepancies of what the CM told me and what is on Disney's website as far as hours go and there still isn't any hours for DHS posted online. Weird....maybe I"ll give a call tomorrow just in case and go from there. Thanks again!!

I hope everyone is well and that everyone had a great weekend. We had a VERY FUN and FILLED one....yard work, Ethan's baseball game, graduation party last night late, birthday party today, took Ethan's training wheels off and he learned how to finally ride his bike without them...it was packed!! But a great weekend!!!! I hope everyone has a great week and I'll post soon with some plans once I get things figured out!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #276
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Congrats to Ethan for learning to ride his bike without his trainers!! Does he like baseball? Both my boys play on competitive teams, so once March hits we are pretty much at a ballpark every weekend through July. It's exhausting sometimes, but can be so much fun too!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #277
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Figuring out The Plan is always the most difficult thing to do, isn't it?

I think MeMom is good onto something-and she's got just a few trips under her belt to be an ultimate planner. I think your Mom would LOVE watching Wishes from the Poly beach. It's beautiful and relaxing, and you can SIT. That is a huge bonus if ya'll are feeling a bit tired.

I hope you are able to get all the ADRs you want! LeCellier is so yummy-it's such a nice treat!

In one way I think a TS would be great for the last day-relaxing before the plane ride; and on the other hand, I think CS at DHS so you can get more in that day. We did highly enjoy the Studio Catering Company (overlooks the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground) CS. They have a baked chicken meal that is VERY tasty. I would go there again!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #278
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

We're a plannin'

I sent Mom and Jodi an email to figure out our plan of attack...here it is....

Monday 9/14
arrival day-- 7 am flight arrive MCO 10:23 a.m, arrive at POP approx. noontime?
Lunch at "Everything POP" (CS)
check in, getting unpack, set up, and go off exploring.....I have two thoughts here...

1) DTD-- lots of shops to preview our souveniers and have dinner there OR
2) MK for a bit....I know we will be tired, but excited too, just to get in the mood (it's open unitl 9 p.m) and have dinner at The Wave at the Contemporary on the earlier side so we can get home and relax a bit

Mom wrote back and said she thinks going to MK for a bit was a good idea! I figure even if we don't get there until 2 or so, hang out for 2-3 hours, then head over to The Contemporary to have an earlier dinner at The Wave, it would be nice. I know Jodi will do whatever, so looks like we may be going to MK our 1st night afterall! YAY!!!

9/15
Epcot (EMH 8-9 a.m, park open until 9 p.m)
Tangerine Cafe - lunch (CS)
two thoughts here:
1) take monorail from Epcot to a late dinner at O'hana's (at Poly resort) and stay for the firework show at MK (9:30pm) watch from Poly beach--heard GREAT things about this firework show!! (TS)
2) Le Celliar in Epcot (TS)

Mom thinks going to the Poly for a late dinner would be nice and to see the fireworks,so the question here is..what time do I plan dinne- 8ish? To be done and get to the beach on time?

9/16
MK (9- 8 p.m) - I would love to see Opening ceremonies at MK this a.m.-- should be there by 8:30....no issue if you guys want to meet me there, just never saw it and would love to

lunch at Terrace Noodles (CS)
dinner at Crystal Palace or Tony's Town Square (TS)

Mom isn't a big fan of going to either of these...anyone have any other suggestions? She really like "different" kinds of food...where could we go? Anyone have any ideas?? ANd I was thinking a sit down 1/2 way through the day may be a good idea, too, so maybe some place on the monorail? Since it's going to be SUPER hot, maybe that's an option and then go back to MK??

9/17
Epcot (9-9 p.m)
Sunshine Season (CS)
Teppan Edo (TS)

9/18
DHS (9 a.m opening)
check out of POP, have them hold our luggage
get to DHS on the early side so we can see/do what we want (and get FP for Toy Story Mania ride!)

Still trying to decide on a sit down or counter service this day, maybe I'll make a ressie for a sit down and cancel if we need to/want to...thoughts or place to sit down??

Magical express bus pick up for Mom & I approx. 3-4 p.m from POP to airport.....

Mom & my flight 7:20 p.m.

So, this is preliminary plan of attack for the trip....one more week and I can make ressies!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #279
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What about lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe on your MK day? It wouldn't take too much time to get over there by boat or by monorail. Also, I don't know if you would want to do the Grand Floridian Tea. I have heard good things about both of those!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #280
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest the GF Cafe as well, or you could take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and eat at Whispering Canyon.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #281
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Great plans! Grand Floridian Cafe is a great idea. It's nice and relaxing. Food is good too ..we love it there!

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
PookieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #282
pmama
DIS Veteran

Oh how exciting!! You will be there about the same time we were last year. We loved our September trip and the free dining is just an amazing deal! Just be sure not to exhaust you dear mother. My mother works out daily, including boot camp, and DL exhausted her.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #283
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

What about Kona or the Spirit of Aloha show on your MK day. They are both at the Poly so you could ride the monorail or boat. We did SOA in December and thought it was really nice.

Last edited by MinnieNurse; 06-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.
MinnieNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #284
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your plans look terrific! So excited for you!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #285
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Got to get the kids to bed...but .....

96 days
2308 hours
138533 minutes
8311986 seconds!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Double digits baby!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread