Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #257
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
We are also getting ready for a vacation with Todd's family on the NJ Shore, Sea Isle City, for those familiar with that area. We'll go the niight of Cole's birthday and stay in NY overnight (about 4 hours from home) and then the next morning we'll head to the shore (another 3-4 hours). We'll be staying at a house on the beach/little board walk with my inlaws, my two brother in laws, sister in laws and my 2 nephews who are 5 & 3. We did it last year and it was fun with all the kids.....we have all been having the boys every year so they are now 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6....so we pray it doesn't rain or we'll all go crazy!!!
Hey!! You'll be in my neck of the woods!! Uh - shore ... sand? (well - the NJ Pinelands are close by, too ... )

Look to the west and wave "hello" when you hit Exit 88 on the Parkway ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #258
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Hey!! You'll be in my neck of the woods!! Uh - shore ... sand? (well - the NJ Pinelands are close by, too ... )

Look to the west and wave "hello" when you hit Exit 88 on the Parkway ...
Will do!!! I know where the Pinelands are too...so I will be sure to wave hello Joelp!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #259
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Have fun at the shore!! Sounds nice! I've been to Ocean City before--not sure if that is near where you are going?!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #260
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hours!

I just went onto WDW site and Epcot has hours posted....but no one else (other than waterparks,but we're not doing those...).....I don't see any EMH there either...what is going on? This is what it says for each day I'm there....

Epcot
9-7 pm Future World

Is this weird or is it just me?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #261
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

It is strange. Hope you get the rest of your hours this morning!
A's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #262
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I got them!!

I just got a FANTASTIC CM on the phone and got the hours!!!!!!!!!

9/14: AK 8-9 a.m. EMH, DHS 7-10 p.m.

9/15: Epcot 8-9 p.m EMH
MK 7 p.m close (fireworks at MK at 9:30 p.m--dinner at Ohanas)
Epcot 9 p.m. close
DHS 7 p.m close

9/16: AK 5-8 p.m. EMH
MK 8 p.m. close
Epcot 9 p.m close
HS 7 p.m. close

9/17: MK 8-9 a.m. EMH
no eve hours
Epcot 9 p.m. close

9/18: 9 a.m all parks open

Yay...now onto some planning....woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I think I have my ADR day wrong....I think I have to wait until 6/16 (not the 15th)
Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #263
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

It's always so exciting when the hours go up! Then you can really do some planning!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #264
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

YAY you got the hours. That is awesome!!!

Here, use this to calculate what day you can call and make your ADRS.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #265
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Plans??

Okay....here we go...trying to work this out....thoughts? ideas? they are always welcome!!!!

9/14 arrival day (I still think we should go to MK for a bit this day, just because, we're in Disney World!!), we'll have lunch at POP (Everything Pop) because most likely we'll be getting there about noontime, so we'll have lunch, check in, maybe (hopefully!) get settled.....and then we thought we'd go to DTD for a bit, which is usually how I start since we have the boys and we don't want to waste a ticket for just a few hours, but since it's just us adults and we could just meander..I think it would be fun to go to MK, not sure I can convince Mom though. She's convinced we'll be too tired......not so sure about Dinner this night, either? Somewhere on the monorail, I'm thinking the Wave at the Contemporary, so at least we can see MK!! LOL!!

9/15 Epcot 8-9 a.m. EMH, park closes at 9 p.m.
lunch at Tangerine Cafe- 1 CS
dinner --- okay, here is the deal, was thinking Ohana's so we can see the fireworks at MK (MNSSHP is going on) at 9:30, so have a late dinner and watch from Poly, OR stay in the park and have dinner at (I hope!) Le Celliar...thoughts?

9/16 MK closes at 8 p.m.
Lunch (Terrace Noodle) 1 CS
was thinking dinner at Ohana but if we did that the night before, were is good at MK? This is the only real day we'll be here.

9/17 Epcot 9 p.m. close
Lunch at Sunshine Season- 1CS
Dinner at Teppan Edo or Le Celliar..if we don't do Le Celliar our 2nd night (see above)...

9/18 all parks open at 9 a.m. (our last day!)
We are planning on going to DHS this morning, most likely ME will pick us up at POP at 3 or about then. So we'll have a nice good long time there. Not sure if we should have a sit down lunch/ counter lunch....thoughts?

This is pretty rough, so would love any input....yay, I can plan!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #266
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Hi Kristen!! Yay your hours finally got posted, that is awesome! Your plans look great so far. I like the idea of doing Ohana 9/15 and Le Cellier on 9/17. I heard if you try to book Le Cellier later in your stay your chances of getting it are higher. That worked for our trip! A sit down lunch at DHS on your last day could be a nice way to end the trip...we ate at Mama Melrose last trip and loved it, could work for you girls since this is a kid-free trip! Just some ideas, have fun planning!

I'm off to Disney tomorrow, woo hoo! Talk to you when we're back
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #267
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
YAY you got the hours. That is awesome!!!

Here, use this to calculate what day you can call and make your ADRS.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
Thanks Lynn! Okay, not sure why I had the 15th penned into my book...it's the 16th! Well, at least I have more time to plan, right? LOL!!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #268
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay....here we go...trying to work this out....thoughts? ideas? they are always welcome!!!!

9/14 arrival day (I still think we should go to MK for a bit this day, just because, we're in Disney World!!), we'll have lunch at POP (Everything Pop) because most likely we'll be getting there about noontime, so we'll have lunch, check in, maybe (hopefully!) get settled.....and then we thought we'd go to DTD for a bit, which is usually how I start since we have the boys and we don't want to waste a ticket for just a few hours, but since it's just us adults and we could just meander..I think it would be fun to go to MK, not sure I can convince Mom though. She's convinced we'll be too tired......not so sure about Dinner this night, either? Somewhere on the monorail, I'm thinking the Wave at the Contemporary, so at least we can see MK!! LOL!!
I think you should really try hard to convince her. It's not like you have to even go on any rides, you could at least eat dinner in MK if you wanted. I think Wave is a great idea or what about Kona?
Quote:
/15 Epcot 8-9 a.m. EMH, park closes at 9 p.m.
dinner --- okay, here is the deal, was thinking Ohana's so we can see the fireworks at MK (MNSSHP is going on) at 9:30, so have a late dinner and watch from Poly, OR stay in the park and have dinner at (I hope!) Le Celliar...thoughts?
Oh yes, really really try to see the MNSSHP fireworks, I love them even more than Wishes. Another thing you can try, is to time a boat ride right over to the MK or the ticket and transportation so you can see the fireworks from the water.
Quote:
/16 MK closes at 8 p.m.
was thinking dinner at Ohana but if we did that the night before, were is good at MK? This is the only real day we'll be here.
You could do the Plaza or Tony's. Marc & I really liked Tony's.
Quote:
/17 Epcot 9 p.m. close
Dinner at Teppan Edo or Le Celliar..if we don't do Le Celliar our 2nd night (see above)...
Oh, Le Cellier, so yummy.
Quote:
/18 all parks open at 9 a.m. (our last day!)
We are planning on going to DHS this morning, most likely ME will pick us up at POP at 3 or about then. So we'll have a nice good long time there. Not sure if we should have a sit down lunch/ counter lunch....thoughts?

This is pretty rough, so would love any input....yay, I can plan!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Personally, I would do a sitdown meal on your last day, even though it takes up time it will give you a chance to relax a bit before you have to catch ME back to the airport.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #269
joelp
DIS Veteran

I just went on to the WDW web site and it looks like the hours they have posted are differ somewhat what you have - so you'd better double-check ...

... and "They're there!!" ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;

Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
Old 06-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #270
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
9/14 arrival day - I think it would be fun to go to MK, not sure I can convince Mom though. She's convinced we'll be too tired......not so sure about Dinner this night, either?

The hours for AK aren't posted yet - - but I'll bet there's evening EMH there ... so maybe head over to AK with a dinner break at the AKL at Boma!! ?? (and don't you love how this green font clashes with your pink ... ? )

9/15 Epcot 8-9 a.m. EMH, park closes at 9 p.m.

Make ADRs for both and then see what you feel like doing that night ...

9/16 MK closes at 8 p.m.

Again - make double ressies and play it by ear ... or have lunch at one of the Monorail resorts and then dinner at a CS in the MK ...

9/17 Epcot 9 p.m. close

Tappan Edo ...

9/18 all parks open at 9 a.m. (our last day!)

CS lunch places at DHS are just "OK" ... again, make a ressie and play it by ear ...
Now - normally - I wouldn't recommend making double-ADRs ... but since there's only 2 of you and it'll be during the wekk ... go for it ... (but also play nice and cancel the one you're not going to use once you decide you're not going to use it ... )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: