Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #211
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

The dining plan debate - that's a tough one, but it sounds like you got it figured out in time to plan your meals.

For EMH, I looked at the pattern the previous year and previous month. It worked out pretty well for our plans.

Best of luck with the shins. I hope its just some overdoing it.

So - what are your dining ideas now that its getting closer?
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #212
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Your plans seem great. My DH also asked if there was a dining plan with 3 meals- and I said there was.. but even though we usually bought something small for breakfast or ate something we brought- it seemed like we did eat a lot. I mean-we only have the regular dining plan- and you get a lot of food and I felt like I had to make myself eat it all.. hehe but it was great to have. idk if we will do the deluxe or not- it would be nice to have breakfast every morning but with how my trip just went- I know DH wouldn't be getting up any earlier.. and I like to be at the parks when they open- because you get first dibs on everything.. soo idk. We did do a character breakfast at 8am one day- and the good was awesome and it was nice to have breakfast- but DH didn't like having to get up soo early- to make it to the bus and stuff. so idk..

I hope your shins get better.. I messed up knee up at disney.. idk how.. it like under my knee hurts but only when I bend it.. its weird.. but its getting better.
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #213
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Hey Kristen!

I just wanted to chiime in on EMH. Since this is our first time on-site, we're also going to take advantage of EMH. But most likely just early EMH. Since I have a young child, I just want to kick out Fantasyland asap. But since we don't have park hoppers, I don't see us visiting pm EMH. I've pretty much already decided what days are which park, so it's not going to matter much to me, I don't think......... (famous last words probably!!)
Thanks for your thoughts, we took advantage of early EMH with our boys, too, on our last trip-- or at early as we could anyways. We don't have park hoppers either this trip, so that's why I'm thinking we'd want to get there and stay all day, you know? Are you doing a PTR this trip??

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
The dining plan debate - that's a tough one, but it sounds like you got it figured out in time to plan your meals.

For EMH, I looked at the pattern the previous year and previous month. It worked out pretty well for our plans.

Best of luck with the shins. I hope its just some overdoing it.

So - what are your dining ideas now that its getting closer?
I think I will check out last years and August EMH schedule.....I know that MK will be closing 2 of the nights early for people without MNSSHP tix, like us, so that kind of narrows it down some for us....I think!

Might post my plans next (if the boys allow that!! LOL!!)....stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Your plans seem great. My DH also asked if there was a dining plan with 3 meals- and I said there was.. but even though we usually bought something small for breakfast or ate something we brought- it seemed like we did eat a lot. I mean-we only have the regular dining plan- and you get a lot of food and I felt like I had to make myself eat it all.. hehe but it was great to have. idk if we will do the deluxe or not- it would be nice to have breakfast every morning but with how my trip just went- I know DH wouldn't be getting up any earlier.. and I like to be at the parks when they open- because you get first dibs on everything.. soo idk. We did do a character breakfast at 8am one day- and the good was awesome and it was nice to have breakfast- but DH didn't like having to get up soo early- to make it to the bus and stuff. so idk..

I hope your shins get better.. I messed up knee up at disney.. idk how.. it like under my knee hurts but only when I bend it.. its weird.. but its getting better.

It does seem like a LOT of food....3 meals plus 2 snacks!!!!!!!!!!! I would have to bring bigger clothes for the end of the week....lol! I think if we pack breakfast foods for the room, use the refillable mugs for our morning beverage, we'll be fine in the a.m. and then lunch and dinner are taken care of, plus a snack here and there...we should be fine. Since we're not getting there until noontime on the 1st day, we'll just need two meals then, so we'll hvae a snack carried over for our last day and then just pay out of pocket for one day, shouldn't be too bad. And then we can just eat CS meals wherever we are...should work out okay, I hope!!

What did you do to your knee? Everything okay??!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #214
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Hi Kristen! I think you made the right choice going with basic DDP. Deluxe just seems like an extreme amount of food. I feel like the basic is even a bit much sometimes! Glad to hear that you got the shins looked at, I hope the Dr.'s orders work for you!!
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #215
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Brook, thanks for the suggestions on splitting meals and Earl of Sandwich, those are great ideas! Never thought about splitting...do you think we could get away with doing that at sit down places?
Joe and I have split some meals at sit down places, they have never said we couldn't. I know I've read that a LOT here on the DIS too. I don't think there is ever a split charge either, which is nice!

I hope all the icing/bandages work! I can just picture the wraps with shorts. But hey, if it works, it'll be worth lookin' silly for a bit! And at least you don't have to walk around in public like that ever!

We've never done morning EMH, but from what I have read, if you JUST do EMH and then leave when it starts to get busier/early afternoon-I think you will be fine. It does make the park busier, but it seems if you leave right before/after lunch, it's still good.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #216
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm all about splitting CS meals. In Jan, we ate at Sunshine Seasons for dinner. My DH and I split the rotisserie chicken with 2 sides. It was the perfect amount of food for us, and very delicious!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #217
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts, we took advantage of early EMH with our boys, too, on our last trip-- or at early as we could anyways. We don't have park hoppers either this trip, so that's why I'm thinking we'd want to get there and stay all day, you know? Are you doing a PTR this trip??
I WAS doing a PTR, but I cancelled it because it felt like every time I made an update, something big happened or it changed! I've decided they're bad luck for me becuz the same sorta thing happened last year!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #218
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Wonderful PTR! You have a beautiful family! I teared reading about how you surprised your mother. I'm a sucker for Mom & daughter stories. Can't wait to read more.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
PookieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #219
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:

It does seem like a LOT of food....3 meals plus 2 snacks!!!!!!!!!!! I would have to bring bigger clothes for the end of the week....lol! I think if we pack breakfast foods for the room, use the refillable mugs for our morning beverage, we'll be fine in the a.m. and then lunch and dinner are taken care of, plus a snack here and there...we should be fine. Since we're not getting there until noontime on the 1st day, we'll just need two meals then, so we'll hvae a snack carried over for our last day and then just pay out of pocket for one day, shouldn't be too bad. And then we can just eat CS meals wherever we are...should work out okay, I hope!!

What did you do to your knee? Everything okay??!!
idk.. it just started hurting like behind my knee in the back of my leg.. whenever I bent down.. idk why it started hurting.. it slowly going away but still hurts a little.. its probably just stress from all the walking and stuff.. but what I don't get it I walk 4 1/2 miles a day.. its not like I went from doing nothing. who knows.
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #220
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

I hope you get better. your plans look so good so far. I am very excited your 90 day mark is coming up soon. Hope you get everything you want.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #221
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Hi Kristen! I think you made the right choice going with basic DDP. Deluxe just seems like an extreme amount of food. I feel like the basic is even a bit much sometimes! Glad to hear that you got the shins looked at, I hope the Dr.'s orders work for you!!
Thanks Lauren, I think so, too! I talked to Jodi and since she is driving, she'll stop and get some water, some breakfast foods and some snacks and drive up with them, it should work out well!! I hope, anyways!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Joe and I have split some meals at sit down places, they have never said we couldn't. I know I've read that a LOT here on the DIS too. I don't think there is ever a split charge either, which is nice!

I hope all the icing/bandages work! I can just picture the wraps with shorts. But hey, if it works, it'll be worth lookin' silly for a bit! And at least you don't have to walk around in public like that ever!

We've never done morning EMH, but from what I have read, if you JUST do EMH and then leave when it starts to get busier/early afternoon-I think you will be fine. It does make the park busier, but it seems if you leave right before/after lunch, it's still good.
That's good to know, Brook, thanks! Worth trying splitting a meal and if they say no, we pay OOP. I think it will work out okay anyways....

My shins are doing okay...but I really can't exercise like I'd like too right now....it stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm all about splitting CS meals. In Jan, we ate at Sunshine Seasons for dinner. My DH and I split the rotisserie chicken with 2 sides. It was the perfect amount of food for us, and very delicious!
Good tip, thanks Meghan! We plan on going to Sunshine Seasons one day, so that would work!!!!

Quote:
I WAS doing a PTR, but I cancelled it because it felt like every time I made an update, something big happened or it changed! I've decided they're bad luck for me becuz the same sorta thing happened last year!
Okay....just thought I would join you if you had one going...oh no for bad luck!! Let's hope this one doesn't jinx me!! Last time I was alright though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
Wonderful PTR! You have a beautiful family! I teared reading about how you surprised your mother. I'm a sucker for Mom & daughter stories. Can't wait to read more.
Hi! Thanks for reading along!!!! And for your very nice compliments!! It's going to a be a great trip with my Mom and sister...once in a lifetime!! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
idk.. it just started hurting like behind my knee in the back of my leg.. whenever I bent down.. idk why it started hurting.. it slowly going away but still hurts a little.. its probably just stress from all the walking and stuff.. but what I don't get it I walk 4 1/2 miles a day.. its not like I went from doing nothing. who knows.
Hope you're feeling better!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
I hope you get better. your plans look so good so far. I am very excited your 90 day mark is coming up soon. Hope you get everything you want.
Thanks Lizet! So far so good. Counting down the days......
Old 06-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #222
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, nothing too new to write! I was really hoping that today the hours would be posted for September for ADR's but nothing yet......there were rumors. Oh well, there is always tomorrow......

But in the meantime, I'm counting down and want to start something fun to countdown with my Mom and Jodi. Any suggestions? I think I don't want to overwelm them but since we're all in seperate places, I'm thinking of sending them something once a week to keep them up to date via email. Any thoughts? ideas?

And to just keep you up to date on things.....

Here we are as of today....
105 days
9,072,000 seconds
151,200 minutes
2520 hours
15 weeks

until my trip!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #223
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Kristen I'm 115 days and 16 weeks, 3 days!!! Yay!!!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #224
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Yay! You are almost to double digits!!

nts4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #225
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kristen I'm 115 days and 16 weeks, 3 days!!! Yay!!!
WOOHOO!!!

Pretty soon we'll be doing the single digit dance together!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: