Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #196
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

PS- like my new ticker? We're on our way......
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #197
joelp
DIS Veteran

The DDP counts the # nights you'll be staying - so Mon-Thurs night = 4 TS, 4CS, and 4 Mickey Ice Cream Bars!!

Since it's just you and your Mom, you may want to see what the additional cost would be to bump up to the Deluxe Dining Plan ... and then eat your way around the world ...

And - if your shins are bothering you that much, go see a doctor to make sure you don't have a stress fracture ...

Off for my run (if my strained calf lets me ... )

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #198
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
So I called Disney today to confirm when I can actually book my dining and they told me 6/15. It's getting so close now!! I also confirmed how many TS meals I would get to book.....and now I'm not so sure....so if someone can confirm this for me, that would be great. We are going Monday (will be there in the a.m) to Friday (flying out at night)....so does that mean we only have 4 days of dining? Since we're only there 4 nights? Does that mean on Friday we pay for all of our meals? I felt like when we had it last time we had it the second we got there until when we left.....I don't remember putting any money out....so if someone can clarify this for me that would be great....maybe my head isn't clear today (it's been quite the week!).

I also went online again today to see if the EMH have been posted and still nothing...I forgot to ask the CM when I was talking to her when it would be posted and forgot. So...guess I'll keep checking....

I guess that's about all new on this end.....no worries, in like 2 weeks I'll have SO much to post with dining coming up and EMH....thanks for being patient with me!!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL MEMORIAL DAY weekend!!!
Hurrah for almost ADR time! I can make mine a few weeks after you! I don't think that park hours will be posted when I can make my ADRs so I'm not quite sure what to do. Maybe just look at the previous month and guess? Disney is not making it easy!

Hope you have a great Memorial Day too!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #199
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Yay for ADR's! We're also doing 4 days of DDP and I'm soooooo excited!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #200
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Love the new ticker! Your trip is coming up so quick
I hate waiting for hours and to make ADRs. Can't wait to see what you have planned when it is time though!
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #201
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
The DDP counts the # nights you'll be staying - so Mon-Thurs night = 4 TS, 4CS, and 4 Mickey Ice Cream Bars!!

Since it's just you and your Mom, you may want to see what the additional cost would be to bump up to the Deluxe Dining Plan ... and then eat your way around the world ...

And - if your shins are bothering you that much, go see a doctor to make sure you don't have a stress fracture ...

Off for my run (if my strained calf lets me ... )
Hey! Thanks for clarifying this up for me.....I'm bummed now, for some reason I was thinking it was for how many days you were there, not nights. Hmm...this is going put a damper on my plans for ADRs...decisions, decisions.....maybe I will look into the Deluxe plan....is that all sit downs? We've always done the basic....worth checking out anyways.

I think you're right, I think I will call the dr. they are really bothering me..and here we are almost a week after my race. They were okay come Wednesday but then I did this KILLER walk (almost all up hill, I swear!) and they were bothering me then and then running after Cole.... I hope it's nothing major but don't want to ruin my chances of walking around the world! What happened to your calf? Everything okay? Hope your run went okay this morning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurrah for almost ADR time! I can make mine a few weeks after you! I don't think that park hours will be posted when I can make my ADRs so I'm not quite sure what to do. Maybe just look at the previous month and guess? Disney is not making it easy!

Hope you have a great Memorial Day too!!
I know, it's so tough waiting, isn't it? I'm really hoping by next week they will be posted, if not, I'm calling to see what insight I can get. I know for sure that MNSSHP is happening the 15 & 18th on my trip, so we know that we can't stay at MK those nights late....that's a start, right!!? lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Yay for ADR's! We're also doing 4 days of DDP and I'm soooooo excited!
It's getting close....between getting your flight and now getting close to making ADR's it really makes it SO much more real!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Love the new ticker! Your trip is coming up so quick
I hate waiting for hours and to make ADRs. Can't wait to see what you have planned when it is time though!
Thanks Lauren, nothing special,but nevertheless and new ticker!!

I know waiting is killing me....but once they are here I can plan!!!! I can't wait!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #202
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Dining plan....

Question of the day....has anyone done Deluxe dining vs. basic dining? We've always done basic...would love to hear from someone who has done both and what their thoughts were.....and if it was worth the price difference!!?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #203
joelp
DIS Veteran

There are some reviews on the ears-to-ears site ...

Lots of food ...!!

But since you'll be spreading it out over another day, it may not be so "filling" ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #204
Melissa79
Mouseketeer

Hi! Thought I'd come over and join your PTR. Sounds like you will have fun...can't wait to hear more of the plans! Your mom must have been so surprised. Good idea to head into Boston the night before, we've done the 7AM flights several times and you have to get up soooo early! Love the pics from mother's day and congrats on the race!

~Dec 08 TR~ Never finished because pregnancy got in the way! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167550
Melissa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #205
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa79 View Post
Hi! Thought I'd come over and join your PTR. Sounds like you will have fun...can't wait to hear more of the plans! Your mom must have been so surprised. Good idea to head into Boston the night before, we've done the 7AM flights several times and you have to get up soooo early! Love the pics from mother's day and congrats on the race!
Hi Melissa!
Thanks for joining me!!!! You may (or may not...lol!!) want to read my December TR, I was the same time as you were, maybe you're in some of my pics?!! LOL!!

I think the night before stay in Boston will be HUGE for us, 7 a.m. is very early, we did that with the boys last time.....3 a.m alarm clocks aren't fun, unless you're going to Disney, of course!! But at least Mom & I will be well rested!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #206
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Disney dining, I wanted to find out about Deluxe dining for our upcoming trip to see what the difference in cost would be and what we'd get. Well, I don't think it's happening....it's an add'l $384 for us and I'm not so sure we'd eat that much, especially in the heat and in just an extra day, I think we'd feel like we would HAVE to eat, you know?!! That's A LOT of food!! Although it would be nice not to have to pay out of pocket for the extra meals we will need but I dont' think we would break even there.

So...that leaves me with the basic dining, with is enough food for us ( I think!) and we'll most likely be paying out of pocket for a couple of meals. So what that breaks down to is.....4 snacks, 4 counter meals and 4 sit down meals.....which means I need to tweak my original map of meals.... Better to find out now than in a few weeks when I go to book my dining, right?!!

I also asked if there was any word on EMH, nothing yet, the CM said to try back in a couple of weeks...doesn't Disney know I'm ready to get this party started? LOL!! I guess that's all that is new on the Disney front for now anyways...

This week is Lukey's last week of school....well, today was his last day of school and Thursday is his school picnic. Ethan won't be done until 6/19. And today I'm off to the dr. to have my shins looked at...they are giving me a lot of trouble and before I do more harm, we're going to get them checked out. My friend wants to plan another 5K but until I know for sure that I can run again, I'm going to wait.

Hope you're all well!!!! And had a great Memorial day weekend!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #207
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Yikes about the extra cost. Good plan to stick with the basic.

Good luck with the doctor. I hope everything is ok and that the doctor can help you so you can feel better and do another race. I'm rooting for you. Let us know how it turns out.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #208
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I hope you found out everything was okay at the doctor!

The DDP kinda bugs me that it just goes by nights and you can't add on an extra meal or adjust it to be what you need it to be. My main suggestion is perhaps you can split a couple meals, and then you'd have some credits left for the last day. Some portions are certainly large enough to share, esp since you get the full entree + dessert.

Otherwise, Earl of Sandwich in DTD is one of the cheaper CS' ($5.95 for a sandwich), and for sit down meals, non-character breakfast buffets seem to give you the most food for your buck!

It drives me NUTTY that Disney doesn't always release their hours before people have their ADR window! It's just silly!! I tried to look at last years and adapt it from there, but ended up being off on a few and had to call back and hope for the best. Thankfully it all still did work out.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #209
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Yikes about the extra cost. Good plan to stick with the basic.

Good luck with the doctor. I hope everything is ok and that the doctor can help you so you can feel better and do another race. I'm rooting for you. Let us know how it turns out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I hope you found out everything was okay at the doctor!

The DDP kinda bugs me that it just goes by nights and you can't add on an extra meal or adjust it to be what you need it to be. My main suggestion is perhaps you can split a couple meals, and then you'd have some credits left for the last day. Some portions are certainly large enough to share, esp since you get the full entree + dessert.

Otherwise, Earl of Sandwich in DTD is one of the cheaper CS' ($5.95 for a sandwich), and for sit down meals, non-character breakfast buffets seem to give you the most food for your buck!

It drives me NUTTY that Disney doesn't always release their hours before people have their ADR window! It's just silly!! I tried to look at last years and adapt it from there, but ended up being off on a few and had to call back and hope for the best. Thankfully it all still did work out.
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you a quick update from the dr. They basically think I just over did it, but want me to take Ibuprofen for the next week (perscription) every 8 hours, wrap my shins in Ace bandages for compresssion, ice 20 minutes a day and do nothing more than walking. If in a week they aren't better, they will order x-rays. So....we'll see. I've been pretty much doing what they told me to do, other than the bandages, which I may add look LOVELY with shorts...lol!! Thankfully yesterday and today I can get away with wearing jeans since it's cold and rainy here in MA.

Brook, thanks for the suggestions on splitting meals and Earl of Sandwich, those are great ideas! Never thought about splitting...do you think we could get away with doing that at sit down places?

Hmm, not a bad idea on looking at last years hours for EMH, will check that out....I just want to take advantage of EMH hours since we'll really only be in park once, you know? Although, do you guys think I'm NUTS for doing EMH days at each park since those park are typically more crowded on those days? I was just thinking that if we went in the a.m and then left later in the day for dinner or whatever, we could go back and take advantage of being out late..but maybe that's a dumb idea since I'll be with my 60 year old Mom and it will be more crowded? Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks!!!!

Okay...time to get the party started here...I've had my 1st cup of coffee and the kiddos are getting up! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #210
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Hey Kristen!

I just wanted to chiime in on EMH. Since this is our first time on-site, we're also going to take advantage of EMH. But most likely just early EMH. Since I have a young child, I just want to kick out Fantasyland asap. But since we don't have park hoppers, I don't see us visiting pm EMH. I've pretty much already decided what days are which park, so it's not going to matter much to me, I don't think......... (famous last words probably!!)
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: