Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #181
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

I am so glad you finished your 5k.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #182
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

YAY! Congrats on finishing the 5K! Thats great that you finished! DH and I have been walking a lot lately.. and were up to 3 miles aday.. and sometimes more.. we always jog sometimes to. It's just nice to get outside.
Great job again!
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM   #183
joelp
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!

Take care of those shin splits (you'll have lots of walking to do in a few months!! ... )

Check out the Runner's World web site for some healing advice (haven't been there in years, but they used to have a "most frequent problem/solution" page ... )

When you start up again, stick to soft surfaces (no roads for awhile!!) - you don't want the shin splints to develop into a stress fracture (although you would ghave fun puttering around WDW in an ECV ... )

Congrats, again!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #184
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Aaaahhhh!!! Love the official race pictures! I'm so proud of you!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #185
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS! We knew you could do it. What a bummer that it was raining. That was sweet that Todd let you cross first. What a good guy.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #186
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Congrats Kristen!! That is so awesome that you finished, it must have felt amazing!!

I somehow missed your Mother's Day update. It sounds like you had such a great day! You definitely deserve it What great pictures! I agree that the one of the boys in the grass is a perfect Christmas card
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #187
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Kristen!!

What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of you! I'm still in the thinking phase of the couch to 5K program but maybe....

Oh and what a guy Todd is to let you cross first. He's a keeper!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #188
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure why I didn't notice this report earlier, because the title should have grabbed me a long time ago. I love mother-daughter trips!

Anyway, it caught me this morning, and I read about the surprise to your mom. I know it made her cry, because I don't even know you and it made my cry. What a sweet thought for you girls to do this!

Your boys are great, and I know they fill your home with chaos and fun!

Since I wasn't around when you ran, I'll give you a belated congratulations on your run.

I look forward to catching up with your report and your plans, and then I look forward to hearing about this great girls trip yet to come!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #189
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic that you got through the race in the rain and everything.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #190
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

CONGRATULATIONS! And in the rain?! Wow!

I hope you figure it all out with your shins, I'm sure that is very painful.

The pic of Cole and your DH is really sweet, Cole looks so teeny....he's such a cutie! You look great in your running gear too, so fresh and fit! Kinda what I hope to be someday!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #191
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys,
Hoping to write some more this weekend...what a week!! There just wasn't enough hours in the day to get to my PTR (sorry!!) and next Saturday is my RE exam (it was suppose to be this weekend, but I backed it up a week....I was too stressed!), so time is tight, thanks for being patient wtih me!!

Thanks for all your nice comments, will write back to all of you soon, I promise!! Just wanted to say 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days!!! Time if flying!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Memorial day weekend!!

Take care,
Kristen
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #192
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Congrats!!! And in the rain as well??!! You really deserve a pat on the back!
Thank you for my pat on the back!!! I really appreciate that! This was the first time I've stuck with a work out program and felt good about it and the race was pretty rewarding for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO! Yayayayayaya!
Thanks, LL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Way to go!
Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Great job Kristen! That really stinks that it rained on you. I'm so glad your shins held up and you were able to finish, thats got to feel good after you worked so hard to get there.
Thank you...the rain was pouring so hard at one point I needed to stop because I couldn't even see!!! It was nuts, but I guess I'd rather that than 90degrees, right? LOL!! My shins did great......my lungs, not as good as I had hoped,but I guess that takes some time.....hopefully I can build them up some more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
I am so glad you finished your 5k.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
YAY! Congrats on finishing the 5K! Thats great that you finished! DH and I have been walking a lot lately.. and were up to 3 miles aday.. and sometimes more.. we always jog sometimes to. It's just nice to get outside.
Great job again!
Thanks! Good for you for walking and jogging, too! It's so nice to have someone to do it with, isn't it? And I agree, just getting outside is the best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Congrats!!

Take care of those shin splits (you'll have lots of walking to do in a few months!! ... )

Check out the Runner's World web site for some healing advice (haven't been there in years, but they used to have a "most frequent problem/solution" page ... )

When you start up again, stick to soft surfaces (no roads for awhile!!) - you don't want the shin splints to develop into a stress fracture (although you would ghave fun puttering around WDW in an ECV ... )

Congrats, again!
Thanks Joelp!!! And for all your tips, too!! I've walked some this week and ran after a kid or two and my shins are really bothering me again. Not sure what to do...thinking I may need to visit a dr. and see what the next step is. I really enjoyed training and doing the race and would like to continue.....just not sure my body will let me....will check out that site you recommended and maybe find something there.

No ECV in Disney....although in the 90+ weather, maybe it's not a bad idea...lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Aaaahhhh!!! Love the official race pictures! I'm so proud of you!!!
Aww, thanks Leighan....I really appreciate that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! We knew you could do it. What a bummer that it was raining. That was sweet that Todd let you cross first. What a good guy.
Thanks Tracy....I'm glad you knew cause I wasn't so sure...lol!! Todd was very sweet in letting me cross 1st...what a guy!!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #193
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Congrats Kristen!! That is so awesome that you finished, it must have felt amazing!!

I somehow missed your Mother's Day update. It sounds like you had such a great day! You definitely deserve it What great pictures! I agree that the one of the boys in the grass is a perfect Christmas card
Hi Lauren!
Thnaks, it did feel amazing!! It was a huge accomplishment for me!! I did have a great Mother's day....just me and my boys and a beautiful day!! What else does a girl need? I'm soo thinking that pic needs to be my Christmas card....geez, you can so tell I'm a control freak already having that ready!!LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Congratulations, Kristen!!

What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of you! I'm still in the thinking phase of the couch to 5K program but maybe....

Oh and what a guy Todd is to let you cross first. He's a keeper!
Thanks Christine!!! Youll love the couch to 5K...it works, trust me! You see what I look like in my pics (not in shape with a few extra lbs. I'm blaming my boys for....heehee!)...if i can do it, you can too!!

Yes, Todd is for sure a keeper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm not sure why I didn't notice this report earlier, because the title should have grabbed me a long time ago. I love mother-daughter trips!

Anyway, it caught me this morning, and I read about the surprise to your mom. I know it made her cry, because I don't even know you and it made my cry. What a sweet thought for you girls to do this!

Your boys are great, and I know they fill your home with chaos and fun!

Since I wasn't around when you ran, I'll give you a belated congratulations on your run.

I look forward to catching up with your report and your plans, and then I look forward to hearing about this great girls trip yet to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic that you got through the race in the rain and everything.
Hi MeMom!
Thanks for joining us!! And for all of your nice comments, too!! It's going to be a WONDERFUL trip with my Mom & Jodi. It's a long time planning but it's been fun so far. I'm glad you found me and glad you're in for the ride....it's going to be a lot of special moments and planning for us!!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #194
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! And in the rain?! Wow!

I hope you figure it all out with your shins, I'm sure that is very painful.

The pic of Cole and your DH is really sweet, Cole looks so teeny....he's such a cutie! You look great in your running gear too, so fresh and fit! Kinda what I hope to be someday!
Hi Brook!! Thanks for all your nice comments!! My shins are doing okay....starting to think I may need to visit a dr. since after walking a couple of times they are aching , may need to get to the bottom of things.

Cole does look sooo teeny next to Todd....Todd is 6'4" so I'm really hoping the boys get his height and not mine!!

Hope you're well!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #195
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

So I called Disney today to confirm when I can actually book my dining and they told me 6/15. It's getting so close now!! I also confirmed how many TS meals I would get to book.....and now I'm not so sure....so if someone can confirm this for me, that would be great. We are going Monday (will be there in the a.m) to Friday (flying out at night)....so does that mean we only have 4 days of dining? Since we're only there 4 nights? Does that mean on Friday we pay for all of our meals? I felt like when we had it last time we had it the second we got there until when we left.....I don't remember putting any money out....so if someone can clarify this for me that would be great....maybe my head isn't clear today (it's been quite the week!).

I also went online again today to see if the EMH have been posted and still nothing...I forgot to ask the CM when I was talking to her when it would be posted and forgot. So...guess I'll keep checking....

I guess that's about all new on this end.....no worries, in like 2 weeks I'll have SO much to post with dining coming up and EMH....thanks for being patient with me!!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL MEMORIAL DAY weekend!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: