Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #61
stephanie1755
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalais View Post
With the exception of Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses, Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members are not permitted to wear Crocs or similarly-styled footware as part of their costume, per The Disney Look.
Im not necessarily saying these are the shoes I was going to get... it was just talked about by other people on the boards. Also, I think you guys have a misunderstanding of what crocs I am talking about. Croc makes many forms of shoes not just the standard ugly ones with all the holes in them. They also make leather laced up shoes with the croc soles. You can't even tell from the looks of them they are crocs.
stephanie1755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #62
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie1755 View Post
Im not necessarily saying these are the shoes I was going to get... it was just talked about by other people on the boards. Also, I think you guys have a misunderstanding of what crocs I am talking about. Croc makes many forms of shoes not just the standard ugly ones with all the holes in them. They also make leather laced up shoes with the croc soles. You can't even tell from the looks of them they are crocs.
The prohibition on Crocs may not be entirely due to the appearance, but also due to the fact that Crocs tend to be very slippery, and that could pose a safety risk in some areas.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #63
JonnyJ18
Mouseketeer

so can if i have to wear a black shoe can i wear a blacked out nike or new balance even tho it has a logo or no logo at all even if it matches the shoe....im really not tryin to wear some cheap walmart shoes
JonnyJ18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #64
lightell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyJ18 View Post
so can if i have to wear a black shoe can i wear a blacked out nike or new balance even tho it has a logo or no logo at all even if it matches the shoe....im really not tryin to wear some cheap walmart shoes
Yeah I am hoping that I can wear all black or all white nike shox, they are the most comfortable shoe for me
lightell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #65
JonnyJ18
Mouseketeer

yeah that was what i was thinking or some air maxxx those are like pillows and they look fresh yadiiig
Old 05-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #66
Yes,IStillLoveDisney
Fall 2009 CP Hopeful

The look guidelines just says no contrasting logos so as long as the logo is the same color as the shoe it doesn't seem like it will matter.

Fall Advantage CP in Transportation 2009 (FriendShip Boats= Best. Role. Ever.)

Campus Rep January 2010 to present

Hopefully PI Fall 2011
Yes,IStillLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #67
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightell View Post
Yeah I am hoping that I can wear all black or all white nike shox, they are the most comfortable shoe for me
Per The Disney Look, Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members wearing costumes which require the use of a Black or White Athletic Shoe must wear shoes that are solid in colour with no contrasting logos or markings.

The notable exception to this is for Cast Members working at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Cast Members statused to or working in this area may wear Black or White Athletic Shoes with multicoloured stripes or logos on the shoes. Extreme styles are not permitted.

In order to ensure the safety of all Cast Members, the Company highly recommends that all Cast Members wear shoes with slip-resistant soles, particularly those working in areas involved in the preperation or serving of Food Products such as Restaurants, Kitchens and select Merchandise locations.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #68
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Looking "fresh" really shouldn't be a concern. No matter how cool your shoes are, Disney Costumes are not really designed to make anyone look cool.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #69
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseWolvrine View Post
Looking "fresh" really shouldn't be a concern. No matter how cool your shoes are, Disney Costumes are not really designed to make anyone look cool.
Indeed. The Disney Look is a classic, traditional look which does not conform to the latest fashion trends nor extremes in appearance.

It allows our Cast Members to blend into their surroundings and focus on working to deliver the immersive show and Magical Guest Experiences that our Guests have come to expect from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Quote:
yeah that was what i was thinking or some air maxxx those are like pillows and they look fresh yadiiig
If you're referring to shoes in this style....

....No.

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..

Last edited by glendalais; 05-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #70
JonnyJ18
Mouseketeer

nah i just mean all black ones and im 100 percent certain that they are more comfortable than walmart shoes....lookin fresh is just a perk and i understand that is not the point of disney

http://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/up..._1_480_300.jpg
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #71
JonnyJ18
Mouseketeer

or these....they look fresh and comfortable are these two cool.

http://www.eastbay.com/images/produc...09354113_w.jpg
Old 05-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #72
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
nah i just mean all black ones and im 100 percent certain that they are more comfortable than walmart shoes....lookin fresh is just a perk and i understand that is not the point of disney

http://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/up..._1_480_300.jpg
Quote:
or these....they look fresh and comfortable are these two cool.

http://www.eastbay.com/images/produc...09354113_w.jpg
The Black Pair would be borderline, and would probably depend on the judgment of your Area Leadership. If they have lights on the bottom, as it would appear, they would be unacceptable.

The White Pair are unacceptable due to the heel.

Styles of athletic shoe that meet The Disney Look guidelines would look like the following.

Last edited by glendalais; 05-14-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #73
emcee21
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I'm gonna keep an eye out for some good ones. I wear a ten so I definitely need to search before hand.
emcee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #74
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Would something like this work for Merchandise, I've currently got a pair like this and would love not to have to but another pair once I get there!http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1997-4-saff...tegories=3,128
Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #75
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewjubean View Post
Would something like this work for Merchandise, I've currently got a pair like this and would love not to have to but another pair once I get there!http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1997-4-saff...tegories=3,128
While I personally like that shoe (and just added it to my wishlist), unless you have another application for it, I'd recommend waiting. I was merch and our shoes were white athletic.
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: