Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

This is quite interesting. Does anyone happen to know what shoes the Main Entrance Ops people have? I know that it may depend on what the location is, but what should I expect?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #32
Goofster18
Mouseketeer

Any general thoughts on Character Attendant? And do those change where I am placed or because it's the same role and costume, they are the same? I'll buy them down there, but just wondering to see what I might be able to bring up that I have...THANKS!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18
Goofster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #33
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster18 View Post
Any general thoughts on Character Attendant? And do those change where I am placed or because it's the same role and costume, they are the same? I'll buy them down there, but just wondering to see what I might be able to bring up that I have...THANKS!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18
Character attendant is an awsome role. I love getting to interact with the characters. I had an absolute blast last summer (I worked at DHS).

The costume is the same no matter which park you are in (it's a global costume). Same goes for the shoes (black shoes).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
bdm223
Dreaming of Disney!

Shoes

Good lord I hated my shoes... I never had any money to invest in the good ones, so I would go through a cheap pair every month. I definitely suggest getting some inserts to make things more comfy on your feet.
bdm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #35
CTKris10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBob_2005 View Post
This is quite interesting. Does anyone happen to know what shoes the Main Entrance Ops people have? I know that it may depend on what the location is, but what should I expect?

Main Street Ops has to wear black shoes/sneakers, just like merchandise. Most of my guy friends opted for black sneakers over dressier shoes because they are way more comfortable.
2006 Coronado/Port Orleans RS
2007- CM Emporium, MS Strollers,Adventureland/MK Glow
2007 Caribbean/Port Orleans, All-Star Sports
2008 Port Orleans
2008 Grand Floridian/Coronado, All-Star Movies
2009 Polynesian/Wilderness Lodge, All-Star Music
2010 Port Orleans FQ/Boardwalk Disney Proposal

DCP Alumni
CTKris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #36
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

I'm in merch and my costume requires solid white athletic shoes. I splurged and bought some Saucony shoes that have been SO comfortable and still look and feel great. I think it would be wise to make an investment in comfort from the start, you'll just feel better in the long run. My 20yo has white and black athletic shoes and a pair of black mary janes and has no problems covering any costume needs for roles she picks up.
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #37
DarthBob_2005
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKris10 View Post
Main Street Ops has to wear black shoes/sneakers, just like merchandise. Most of my guy friends opted for black sneakers over dressier shoes because they are way more comfortable.
Just plain black sneakers then? And is that just for MK or the other parks too? Sounds good I'll look around, but I'll skip buying until I actually know what I'm doing for sure.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #38
bonbon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBob_2005 View Post
Just plain black sneakers then? And is that just for MK or the other parks too? Sounds good I'll look around, but I'll skip buying until I actually know what I'm doing for sure.
Yeah, the point of this thread is in case you already have these shoes (like for another job) you dont have to buy another pair when you get down there, you'll already have a pair. Im not saying you'll have the right shoes (ie you have white but need black), but its worth taking a chance so you can save some money, right?
Mission: SPACE Race
Segway Central

*Innoventions CP 2009*
StormStruck

I earned my ears
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #39
piratechick
Princess and Pirate Fan

I worked in QSFB Outdoor Food at Animal Kingdom, so we had a Safari-themed costume. The shoes we had to wear were Safari/Hiking boots in tan, brown, or dark brown. These were my shoes http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4429874. I put shoe gel inserts in them to make them more comfortable.

Disney Visits:
In Mommy's Tummy: Disney World,Off-site; 1989: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1990: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1993: Disney World, Pop Century Resort; 1994: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1996: Disney Word, Old Key West Resort; 1998: Disney World, Grand Floridian Resort; 1999: Disney World, Off-site; 2002: Disney World, All-Star Music Resort; 2003: Disney World, Polynesian Resort; 2005: Disney World Senior Trip, All-Star Sports Resort; 2007-2008: Disney College Program; 2008: Disneyland, CA, Offsite; 2009-2010: Disney College Program
piratechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #40
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Sole savers aren't non skid pads. They help protect the rubber soles from the non-skid surfaces. Not every wal-mart has them. It's a toss up, but you can find them hanging on the end caps of the shoe isles. It works pretty good if you like dragging your feet as well. Most the time it's the soles that give out before the upper part of the shoe does. Although I do quite a number on my shoes to the point they're falling apart on the insides.

Some shoes for roles I know of...
character attendants - always black shoes
most of animal kingdom and frontierland - brown boots... any shade any size, you can get away with most any kind.
custodial (parks) - black shoes
turnstiles - black shoes
Parking - White
I want to say most of merchandise is black sneakers or black dress.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #41
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

http://www.soletech.com/soletech/sho...l_plates.shtml

here's what they look like. The package at wal mart comes with 4 plates, a set for mens shoes and a set for womens (like dress shoes or high heels). But Kari puts the larger one on the heel and uses the smaller ones next to the pinky toe, her other worn down faster than should be spot.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #42
PrincessJordynx
Yes I AM a Disney Princess Thanks For Asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalais View Post
Just a few notes on this.

Slip-Resistant soles are recommended for all Cast Members, regardless of role. Several roles do REQUIRE Cast Members to wear shoes with Slip-Resistent soles.

I've used Shoes for Crews since I hired in with Disney (they were the Costuming-provided shoes when I worked in F&B*, and I kept them as I moved into other areas). They're quite comfortable and a good value for money, as they do keep for quite a while.

At the Walt Disney World Resort, they do have a truck that comes to backstage locations the first and third weeks of the month to sell shoes to Cast Members. In addition, WDW Cast Members recently gain the ability to pay for their shoes through payroll deductions.

https://www.shoesforcrews.com

*At the DLR, certain roles, including Food & Beverage, utilize company-issued shoes. This is not the case at WDW.

awesome! I already own a pair of SFC (required at P.F. Chang's) so assuming my location has black shoes, I'll be set!!

I would def recommend checking out the website it's got plenty of options for shoes!! **THEY RUN BIG - I GOT A SIZE 8 GENERALLY TENNIS SHOES ARE 8'S FOR ME...I COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH A 7 1/2 - MAYBE EVEN 7. JUST A HEADS UP.**

*WDWCP*August 19*2009*FSFB*

Last edited by PrincessJordynx; 04-14-2009 at 07:58 PM.
PrincessJordynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #43
jellipop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
This is a thread for people who have already completed their CPs to let you know about their shoes. Why? Well, because my current work shoes would have been perfect for my CP job.

**I'm not saying your shoes will 100% work, but it's better to try and save some money, than not bring them, and find out walmart is out of shoes in your size, and run all over orlando trying to find work shoes when you could have used the ones you had

Now, at Innoventions we had to wear black, sneaker type shoes, no canvas! (ie no converse) Here's the men's version of the shoes that I currently have that would be fine http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3933725 Now I believe Mission: SPACE was the same, since I worked over there as part of Innov and had to wear the same shoes.

Originally, I was supposed to work at Kali River Rapids before they offered me Innoventions. There, you had to wear hiking boots

Other people post your shoes!

OMG I WANNA WORK IN INNOVENTIONS! -- sorry random but I obsess with that place lmao

jellipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #44
bonbon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellipop View Post
OMG I WANNA WORK IN INNOVENTIONS! -- sorry random but I obsess with that place lmao
After working there, I obsess over that place too lmao INNOVENTIONS IS AWESOME!

(IMO best CP job you can get)
Mission: SPACE Race
Segway Central

*Innoventions CP 2009*
StormStruck

I earned my ears
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #45
jellipop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
After working there, I obsess over that place too lmao INNOVENTIONS IS AWESOME!

(IMO best CP job you can get)
My parents use to have to leave me there and I'd just stand their playing video games (like when I was younger it was like ALL SEGA GAMES!! I beat 2 games when I was there! That's how bad I was!) I'd tell them to go on like Test Track and just come back for me after the ride!

jellipop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: