Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #376
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere9542 View Post
We are going to Disney for the MVMCP from November 30-Dec. 7th. It will be our first time there for the Christmas decorations and activities.
Congratulations! Were going Nov. 29th to Dec. 6th. Where are you staying?

Which MVMCP are you attending?

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #377
Keeperoftheruleof9s
formerly known as damom2daboyz

Hi Everyone!

Count us in too for our first time to Disney for the MVMCP Dec.8-13th. We're staying at POP. Hope everyone has a wonderful trip.

Debbie
Keeperoftheruleof9s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #378
erinsmom
Mouseketeer

Smile Christmas Decorations here we come

We just switched our April 2010 visit to Dec 10-15 for our daughter's 5th birthday celebration and got free dining, too.

Yeah us!! I can't wait to go.

DH Me DD15 DD9
'03 ASM Celebrated DD#1 5th Birthday
'09 POP Celebrated DD#2 5th Birthday
'11 Offsite Family Vacation with Friends
erinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #379
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Staying POR Dec 17-24 with free dining. Ordered my MVMCP tickets today for Dec 18!

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #380
theatermouse
Mouseketeer

We had planned on only going Dec. 4-6 and staying at the All Star Movies - Love Bug section. WELL, Free Dining came along and we had to take advantage of it!!

NOW, we are going Dec. 2-6 and staying at the All Star Music resort (although I'm slightly tempted to switch to POP. However, I like that McDonald's is right there by the All Stars...any help??)

I am SO EXCITED to see Disney at Christmas!! At first we were only planning on Magic Kingdom (to see the Castle lit up) and EPCOT. Now I get to see the Lights at HS and the characters in Holiday garb at AK! So excited!!!

March 2009 - All Star Sports December 2009 - All Star Music
April 2010 - Mommy/Son Trip January 2012 - Mommy/Son Birthday Trip
May 2012 - SOLO!! (Micky Dolenz - Flower Power Concert)
April 2013 - Mommy/Son Trip May 2014 - Kid's Race & Daddy Finally Goes Back to Disney World
theatermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #381
holz99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Staying POR Dec 17-24 with free dining. Ordered my MVMCP tickets today for Dec 18!
We will be there at the same time! We will be at POP though. Not sure on MVMCP yet though. We did it last time and my SIL doesn't really want to do it this time.
holz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #382
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by holz99 View Post
We will be there at the same time! We will be at POP though. Not sure on MVMCP yet though. We did it last time and my SIL doesn't really want to do it this time.
Beginning on Dec 19, you can see the Christmas parade daily at 12 and I think 3 and the holiday fireworks every night, no need to pay for the party then. That is what we are planning to do. We did pay for the party last year, because my cousin and her children had never done it and because it had changed since we last attended in 2006.

Suzanne
Old 07-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #383
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Beginning on Dec 19, you can see the Christmas parade daily at 12 and I think 3 and the holiday fireworks every night, no need to pay for the party then. That is what we are planning to do. We did pay for the party last year, because my cousin and her children had never done it and because it had changed since we last attended in 2006.

Suzanne
Is it worth it if we've never been before?

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #384
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Most Definitely!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #385
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
It really is. Being at night just sort of makes it more magical. We went on a Sunday evening (Dec 14, 2008) and there really was no crowd at all. The kids had a wonderful time.

We started with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, with that Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner feel to the meal and then once we were finished the day crowd had been moved out and the party events had started and it was just a magical transition.

We got to see and do everything, because we pretty much skipped the rides, so we saw all the shows, the kids enjoyed the dance parties and we met lots of characters in their Christmas garb and don't miss the hot chocolate and cookies (which are only avail at the party). And it snows on Main Street during the parade.

Suzanne
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #386
Doodlemommy3
Earning My Ears

We too are going in December... We will be at CB for the first time in a pirate room from the 4-7 and then the 7-12 at the swan and dolphin! We did MVMCP the past two years and are taking a break from it this year... At least we will get to do MNSSHP on opening night this year!
Doodlemommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #387
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

So Sunday wasn't that bad? We are going the 5-13 and I was looking at that Thursday..didn't want to do an AP/DVC night... I need to look again, I think the 6th is a party night also, just curious which night would be the best for us. I do NOT want to do a Fri/Sat night. What do ya'll think?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #388
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
So Sunday wasn't that bad? We are going the 5-13 and I was looking at that Thursday..didn't want to do an AP/DVC night... I need to look again, I think the 6th is a party night also, just curious which night would be the best for us. I do NOT want to do a Fri/Sat night. What do ya'll think?
Which nights in early Dec are AP/DCV nights? Do they tend to be crowded? Are Fri/Sat parties busy, too?

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #389
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
That Sunday night wasn't bad at all, but I had heard all the parties during PW were really crowded. You have to think most locals will be getting ready for school and work on Sunday nights and the one we went to was a "Premium" night, so most people don't want to pay the premium prices.

The first time we went to a MVMCP was on a Tuesday night and it was a little more crowded than that Sunday night, but not bad at all.

Quote:
Which nights in early Dec are AP/DCV nights? Do they tend to be crowded? Are Fri/Sat parties busy, too?

I think the night we went was a AP/DVC night and it wasn't crowded, but none of the parties we have been to were crowded. I don't think they do Saturday night parties. We did MNSSHP on a Friday night and the park was almost empty, I had never seen so few people in the parks before.

Suzanne
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #390
tfoster
My friends call me T

My family of six will be there Dec 10 - Dec 15, staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I'm very excited - and very restless about finding out the hours and being able to make a few ADRs!

We're planning to cook out and eat many meals right at the cabin, and I've already been on the grocery-delivery site and started my grocery list!

I don't think we're doing MVMCP as it is SO expensive for my whole family to go and the littlest two wouldn't be able to stay up that late anyway. I feel like I'm a real minority, but I'm not crazy about the parties. We went to a P&P party a few years ago and one of my biggest memories was being stuck on the big boat ride for what seemed like forever but not really being able to see anything at all. We went to a MNSHP two years ago and it was a disaster - everybody was crammed under tents for literally hours during a torrential rainstorm that had most of the rides closed. When I even start thinking about spending ~$200 on tickets for one, I get tense. This time, while the parties are going on, we're planning to be hanging out at the campground, being at Epcot, or going to DTD.

Anyway, I am SUPER excited to see all the decorations and lights, especially the ones at DHS.

Our #1 goal is to avoid crowds as much as possible, so we won't be doing any parks with EMH or doing DHS on a Fantasmic day (fortunately, my second-oldest has already seen it and isn't worried about seeing it again and my oldest just doesn't have much interest in it at all).
tfoster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: