Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #181
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Awesome! When did you get the free dining pin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epd0407 View Post
Dec 3-8 CBR w/Free Dining Pin
MVMCP Dec 6

Paid off!!!!

Just need to decide what to do about Photopass.....

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #182
buckylarue
Can't decide who's Statler and who's Waldorf...

I haven't been around the boards for awhile, as we weren't able to get to WDW or DL lastyear and didn't think we'd be able to this year either, and it depresses me to read about everyone else going when I can't

We have a cat with diabetes that is having a lot of trouble getting regulated, and we wouldn't feel right leaving her alone in someone else's care while we vacation...but a couple of weeks ago, my partner told me that, if I could find a cheap airfare around my birthday I should book a solo trip, and then he'll book one later in the winter, so we don't lose our DVC points. So, I'm going to be there 12/6-12/11 and doing MVMCP on my birthday 12/8! I'll be staying at Saratoga Springs, maybe...got the last 4 nights booked and waitlisted for the first night. Hopefully the list will come through quickly and I can then get waitlisted for BWV or BCV (no offense to Saratoga folks, I just have some mobility issues and would prefer being closer to the parks). Anyway, I'll be there, and hope to see some of you!!

DLR 1956, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 70, 71, 75, 77, 78, 84, 86, 89, 99, 05
WDW 1977, 79, 81, 83, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96(3x), 97, 98, 99, 00, 01(3x), 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07
Next trip - solo WDW Saratoga Springs 12/6-11/09
Partner next trip solo DLR GCV 1/28-2/2/10
buckylarue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #183
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckylarue View Post
I haven't been around the boards for awhile, as we weren't able to get to WDW or DL lastyear and didn't think we'd be able to this year either, and it depresses me to read about everyone else going when I can't

We have a cat with diabetes that is having a lot of trouble getting regulated, and we wouldn't feel right leaving her alone in someone else's care while we vacation...but a couple of weeks ago, my partner told me that, if I could find a cheap airfare around my birthday I should book a solo trip, and then he'll book one later in the winter, so we don't lose our DVC points. So, I'm going to be there 12/6-12/11 and doing MVMCP on my birthday 12/8! I'll be staying at Saratoga Springs, maybe...got the last 4 nights booked and waitlisted for the first night. Hopefully the list will come through quickly and I can then get waitlisted for BWV or BCV (no offense to Saratoga folks, I just have some mobility issues and would prefer being closer to the parks). Anyway, I'll be there, and hope to see some of you!!

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Hopefully everything gets regulated soon. I'm also sorry that you and your partner can't be in Disney for the same time frame. At least the two of you will be able to visit; just not at the same time.
If you get bored during your time in December (as if that's going to happen) you could always join my family for the day.

WDW1st-timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #184
epd0407
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Awesome! When did you get the free dining pin?

got it about june 18th
Old 06-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #185
momto2GAgirls
Mouseketeer

We are going to MVMCP on 12/10 as well! It's my DD's 4th birthday so we figured that would be a fun "party" for her!!!

So jealous about the free dining code that some of you got!!!

Dec '10: off-site
Jan '10: Poly (all girls trip)
Jan '11: Wilderness Lodge
momto2GAgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #186
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2GAgirls View Post
We are going to MVMCP on 12/10 as well! It's my DD's 4th birthday so we figured that would be a fun "party" for her!!!

We got the free dining code but as for you...don't give up. I heard yesterday people were still getting them.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #187
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckylarue View Post

I am sorry to hear about your cat, I am currently having some trouble with one of my rabbits and I know how hard it is to leave them when they aren't well.

I don't know if I would be able to enjoy WDW by myself. But I just wanted to also say happy birthday, our Anniversary is Dec 8th, we will be celebrating 8 years this year and we would love to have you join us, but we aren't going to be there until 12/16.

Suzanne
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #188
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

We're going November 30 to December 7 - staying at the Contemporary. Me, DH, DS (5 - first trip) and Grandma. Woo hoo! I'm just crossing my fingers for a free dining pin to come my way. . .
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #189
jennk
Earning My Ears

We just booked the Poly for 7 nights - 12/11-12/18 Now I'm crossing my fingers that free dining comes my way, or some other discount Sooooooo excited to get started with the rest of the planning. This will be the first trip for DH and I since we were each kids, and the very first WDW for our 3 kids (DD7, DS5, DS4). They are out of their minds with excitement already, even though they have no idea why they're so excited! It's gonna be a loooooong 5.5 months!
jennk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #190
divanicki75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
I wrote up my sales pitch for a December trip and gave it to my DH. He said, "Looks good...it's not out the question...". Well, guess who had a ressie some 12 hours later??? We are booked Dec. 3-6 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were just there in Jan./Feb. and we fell in love with the resort. I'm thrilled and this time it's a surprise trip for my DS11. I'm not good at keeping secrets for long, so this is going to be a true test.
OOPS! I didn't see the official thread until now, so I'll have to paste our info in this thread but...

Floridascgirl: We're in Charleston, too and going Dec 2-6. Are you driving or flying? We're driving down after work on the 2nd.

2/89: offsite, 3/96: offsite, 12/08: offsite,
12/09: ASMo for my Bday
1/11: SoG for Marathon
7/11: SoG
9/14: SoG

divanicki75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #191
divanicki75
Mouseketeer

This is what I posted in the other Dec thread:

We're going December 2-6, staying at All Stars Movies. This is our first time staying on-site and going to more than one park over more than one day. We're technically going for my birthday (Dec. 3rd) but we're celebrating all of our birthdays. DS will be 5 on 11/19, DD will be 3 on 12/11 and DH's bday is on 12/28.

We're planning on doing 3 character meals (Princess Storybook, Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey) and one sit down meal Rainforest Cafe on my bday. (Can you tell I like my bday much?lol) I'm touting this as the cheapest trip we'll ever take to The World, since DD will still be under 3 and DH is Active Duty Navy, so he's free & DS and I will get the $99 rate- woo hoo!

2/89: offsite, 3/96: offsite, 12/08: offsite,
12/09: ASMo for my Bday
1/11: SoG for Marathon
7/11: SoG
9/14: SoG

divanicki75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #192
brooke1
DIS Veteran

Nov 27 thru Dec7

I just changed my ressis from Free Dining in Sept (Music) to Nov 27 thru Dec7
(POP) and no Free Dining or Pin yet.

I just could not hack the heat again, back in 06 we went around the same time and had a great time and the weather was around 75 and sunny everyday.

I think it will be fun traveling on thanksgiving day(something different) and my DS who is 16 will think its fun and the airline price is not bad either(Southwest)

Brooke1
brooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #193
chuckml
DIS Veteran

We-- DW, DD6, and myself,-- just booked 7 nights at the WL courtyard view for 12/5-12/12 with the free dining pin. This will be our first stay at WL, and my birthday is 12/08, so we are beyond excited. can't wait to see all the christmas decorations at the lodge. we love going at this time of year.
chuckml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #194
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2GAgirls View Post

awww Happy 4th B-day! That is my birthday too!! I will be in the World!!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #195
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke1 View Post
I just changed my ressis from Free Dining in Sept (Music) to Nov 27 thru Dec7
(POP)
and no Free Dining or Pin yet.

I just could not hack the heat again, back in 06 we went around the same time and had a great time and the weather was around 75 and sunny everyday.

I think it will be fun traveling on thanksgiving day(something different) and my DS who is 16 will think its fun and the airline price is not bad either(Southwest)

Brooke1
We also will be there at POP. Nov 29th to Dec 13th with free dining. Our window will be decorated along with christmas lights, so stop by and sign our door.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: