Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #166
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Barbie, we aren't going to MVMCP, we went in 2008 and loved it, but we will be there after the parties so we can see all that is included in the party for free, so why pay for it .

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne

We have never been and I was debating on going. But having to pay 400.00 to get my husband's car fixed made that decision. I was bummed out and now I read your post and I am happy again What do you mean you see all that is included in the party for free. Do they let people in the evenings after the party or do they have the same stuff during the day.

Thanks!
Ingrid
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #167
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Hi Suzanne

We have never been and I was debating on going. But having to pay 400.00 to get my husband's car fixed made that decision. I was bummed out and now I read your post and I am happy again What do you mean you see all that is included in the party for free. Do they let people in the evenings after the party or do they have the same stuff during the day.

Thanks!
Ingrid

Beginning the Saturday after the last Party (Dec 18), which should be Dec 19, they show the Christmas Parade, I believe at noon and the Fireworks are shown each evening up until the New Year. I believe they also show the other shows as well.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? We are about 6 hours from Disney as well!!

Suzanne
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #168
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Beginning the Saturday after the last Party (Dec 18), which should be Dec 19, they show the Christmas Parade, I believe at noon and the Fireworks are shown each evening up until the New Year. I believe they also show the other shows as well.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? We are about 6 hours from Disney as well!!

Suzanne
Thanks Suzanne,
We will be gone before that. But it will ok I guess. We have next year I live in SC.
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #169
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Thanks Suzanne,
We will be gone before that. But it will ok I guess. We have next year I live in SC.
You're Welcome. We will be there Dec 16-22, so I saw no point in paying for it again. If we catch some of it we do and if we don't we don't. I am worried about the crowds, as we have never stayed that close to Christmas.

We are in Alabama, on the state line with Georgia.

Suzanne
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #170
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Well we changed our reservation today. We are no longer staying at the Wilderness Lodge. My wife got a 40% pin code in the mail and we changed our resort and travel dates. To take full advantage of the deal we checked availability from Nov. 29th to Dec. 6th. Unfortunatley there were no availablities at Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, or Poly. So we booked the Beach Club. this will be our first time staying there and are pretty excited.

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #171
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Talking

We are staying at BLT Dec 12 - Dec 19. I just finished up making the reservations for the DME, our rental car, as well as our plane tickets. Now I'm just trying to find a pet sitter for our sweet furbabies. I've been finalizing the planning for our ADR's. I can't wait to make those. We are going to the MVMCP. I can't wait. This is our first time at the parks for Christmas and the first time for my husband and daughters to visit WDW ever. =o)

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #172
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

For everyone going to MVMCP, what date are you going?? We'll be there on 12/8!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #173
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

MVMCP = Friday 11th December for us!

Can't wait... altho, with my summer vacation to WDW getting sooo close, it's hard to think about Christmas Parties right now! .. it's amazing to have two trips to the World planned for one year tho

are people on here also interested in the 'non-mousefest' events taking place in December? podcast meets, DIS meets, etc

Barbie
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #174
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

We are going Dec 5-13. Just booked our room this week as I wanted to wait and see where PW was staying. The CM I spoke to said they are primarily staying at CSR this year (and all the standards rooms are booked for that week) with overflow being at Pop Centuy and ASSports. We booked POFQ based on that info.

we are going to MVMCP on Dec 10!!
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #175
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

We may have to move our trip from Dec. 12 - 19 to Jan 2 - 9. Would the January trip be less crowded?

My husband just got laid off and will be starting school this fall. His exams are the week in December we were planning vacation. Exams are 30% of his grade, so exams are more important. Classes start back on the 7th so he could miss the first 2 days of school. But I want to make sure the Christmas crowds won't still be there. I don't think they will but I need to be certain. I just can't handle the massive crowds, I get too antsy and stressed.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #176
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

Just booked today after receiving a free dining pin Dec 14-19!!

We're going to Disney, We're going to Disney!!!: woohoo:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #177
Tiff172
Mouseketeer

I will be going to MVMCP on December 10th! I bought my tickets a few weeks ago!!!

'95 April ~ CR / First Trip, '96 April ~ YBC, '99 July ~ CBR, '00 July ~ CBR, '03 August ~ Disney Magic, '04 February ~ Disney Wonder/BCV, '08 Aug/Sept ~ AKL, '09 December ~WL, '12 Jan ~ Disneyland/Disney Wonder
Tiff172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #178
epd0407
Mouseketeer

Dec 3-8 CBR w/Free Dining Pin
MVMCP Dec 6

Paid off!!!!

Just need to decide what to do about Photopass.....
Old 06-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #179
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epd0407 View Post
Dec 3-8 CBR w/Free Dining Pin
MVMCP Dec 6

Paid off!!!!

Just need to decide what to do about Photopass.....
Congrats!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #180
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

We are so excited....We are off to Disney yet again Nov.28th to Dec. 13th. My daughter is celebrating her birthday there. We're staying at POP but I think we might head over to Beaches and Cream for a "Kitchen Sink" birthday celebration for her. If anyone wants to join let me know. We can have a little DIS meet.

WDW1st-timers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: