Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #766
peanutgirl
DIS Veteran

Home from airport. Flight never went. They cannot get us to the boat so we have decided to cancel. We hope you all have a great time. Kristeen is very sad not to meet Audrey, tell her that FIESTE. It has been fun

Disney Magic March 2005,2010
Carnival Triumph March 2006
Disney World POP Aug. 2005 ,2006 and 2007
Swan and Dolphin Christmas 2009
Carnival Glory March 2007,2009 Jan 2008
Carnival Triumph March 2008
peanutgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #767
feiste
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!!! We are so sad! We will miss you. Tell kristeen that audrey will miss her every moment of the cruise! If she sends her an email it will go to audreys phone, and she will email her back this afternoon.
Magic Eastern 3/1/08
Disney World 2/09
Magic Eastern 2/27/10

Please visit our homepage at: czachorski.com
feiste is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #768
baci
Earning My Ears

Sick Little girl

Hi Everyone, we had a blast !! What a wonderful time. Isabella cried when we left.

Question, this morning she woke up at 4AM and threw up, she got sick 1 more time and we called and they sent up dramamine and pedilight -which didnt agree with her.

Curious if anyone else has a sick little one. The dramamine sure worked its wearing off now and we will give her one more b/4 bed tonight.

anyway wonderful meeting everyone I miss you all already!

Hugs

Isabella was upset that she didnt get to say goodbye to Jessica !!!
baci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #769
lornak
DIS Veteran

I do not know anyone personally in our group so I'm guessing no one noticed that we didn't make it either! Except maybe SCRAPPY as she had nametags for us! My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer on Feb 18th. She was only given 3-4 weeks to live and so I decided to cancel the cruise. It was definitley the right decision as she only lived for 4 days. We were celebrating her life at her funeral on the day you all were sailing off... I sure missed the cruise but I know I was in the right place. I will be anxious to hear everyone's comments now that you are home. Hope it was a great week!!!
lornak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #770
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=peanutgirl;35613277]Home from airport. Flight never went. They cannot get us to the boat so we have decided to cancel. We hope you all have a great time. Kristeen is very sad not to meet Audrey, tell her that FIESTE. It has been fun[/QUOTE

I heard about your bad luck at our DisMeet. I am so sorry ! You must rebook. The Magic was a+ all the way ! Certainly does not show her age. The service was even better than ever ! Awesome shows. Lots of + remarks about the kids' clubs ! I truly hope you will be able to rebook soon ! And we missed you ! Everybody at the DisMeet felt very bad for you !! GINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornak View Post
I do not know anyone personally in our group so I'm guessing no one noticed that we didn't make it either! Except maybe SCRAPPY as she had nametags for us! My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer on Feb 18th. She was only given 3-4 weeks to live and so I decided to cancel the cruise. It was definitley the right decision as she only lived for 4 days. We were celebrating her life at her funeral on the day you all were sailing off... I sure missed the cruise but I know I was in the right place. I will be anxious to hear everyone's comments now that you are home. Hope it was a great week!!!
Yes, I did miss you !! I knew something must have happened. So very sorry for your loss . I know I had mentioned this earlier on the boards, but my Mom also passed away ,suddenly. You can always book another cruise. I'm going up to NJ next week to help my sister with my Mom's apartment
Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #771
peanutgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Scrappy. Thank goodness for travel insurance. We kept our daughter really busy all week so she really did not notice that she was not on the boat but I sure did. We thought of you all every day and hoped for smooth sainings. We have a carnival cruise booked for the summer but no Disney in the near future as Sat. depatures are really hard to make out of our airport as you can see. We cannot wait for a detailed trip report. Hope everyone gets home safe.

Disney Magic March 2005,2010
Carnival Triumph March 2006
Disney World POP Aug. 2005 ,2006 and 2007
Swan and Dolphin Christmas 2009
Carnival Glory March 2007,2009 Jan 2008
Carnival Triumph March 2008
peanutgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #772
seashell724
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh.
Peanut-that is too bad. It is nice you still got to go to Orlando though!
Lorna-I am sooo sorry for your loss. I think you made the right decision and hope you feel that way too. I would have stayed home as well. The same thing happened with my grandma a month ago. Diagnosed and gone very shortly after. Barely anytime to process the information.
seashell724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #773
seashell724
DIS Veteran

As for an update-well I think we had rough seas for 5/7 days? Is that correct?

After 2 days on the boat I got a nasty cold-then someone smoked my shoulder opening a door so it wasn't the best of times. I am still sore. Boo.

But, it did have it's very fun moments as well. I really wish I would have had more time on the St. Thomas day to do some more stuff.
Now for the unpacking-eeks.

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Scrappy and EVERYONE who made our cruise memorable. The FE gifts each day were so much fun. Whoever gave the lifesavers-you literally saved my life because I was sick and needed some hard candies so badly. Everyone was so kind that we met and it's a shame we couldn't spend more time together to get to know one another.
seashell724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #774
jackadoo24
Earning My Ears

Dis FE friends

Dear everyone, Thanks so much for the FE fun! My kids had a blast returning to the room to sheck out our FE. I feel badly that we didn't give more - only candy, stickers and pencils/pens. I honestly had no idea how extensive you all would be. We were running late on the 27th and never made it to the DIS meet. Sorry. Thanks to Scrappy for organizing and thanks again to everyone for all of the great stuff!
jackadoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #775
Talray
Earning My Ears

Thanks also to everyone for the amazing fish extender exchange. I had no idea it would be such an involved thing! All the evenings coming back to the room to find treasures were a wonderful treat for our son (and us). Thanks to all who organized, shared information and more. We so appreciated your kindness! To those who didn't make it, you were missed - our thoughts are with you.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #776
bigturkey12
Mouseketeer

wonderful to meet all of you

thanks to everyone for the wonderful fe gifts josh loved coming back to the room to surprises. thanks to scrapycruiser for all of your hard work to organize us all. to those who didnt make it we missed you and our thoughts are with you. looking forward to another cruise. it was the best vacation we ever had. thanks to all of you who made our trip wonderful.

bigturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, eastern caribbean, february, magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: