Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #91
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Yay for the Crocs delivery. I am waiting for mine. I did get some hot pink Mary Janes-not minnie at Costco for $9.98! Both my girls also have that Ariel shirt-it is really cute!
Wow! $9.98 is a GREAT deal!! What other ones did you order?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #92
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

I got lavender minnie janes for Cayley and the cleo ones for me. The pink and chocolate ones. I also got the Crocs sling bag for the trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #93
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hi- I was checking out your pre trip report- and your plans look great! Your daughters are so adorable! I have two boys. They are 3 1/2 years apart and the youngest will be 20 months while we are in Disney! (close to the ages of your girls!)

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #94
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I got lavender minnie janes for Cayley and the cleo ones for me. The pink and chocolate ones. I also got the Crocs sling bag for the trip.
Cute!! I love pink/chocolate combinations!!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #95
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Hi- I was checking out your pre trip report- and your plans look great! Your daughters are so adorable! I have two boys. They are 3 1/2 years apart and the youngest will be 20 months while we are in Disney! (close to the ages of your girls!)
Hi and welcome!!! Thank you!! I'm so glad you're joining in!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #96
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

a concert!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We have been sooo busy here!! Let me share with you what we've been up to. This weekend my parents came to visit.

Ally & my mom

Brent and I took Ally to the Gaither Vocal Band/Signature Sound concert in Southaven, MS Friday night (my parents kept Claire for us). So we drove down to MS (about an hour drive), ate dinner, and headed over to the concert around 6:00 p.m. We decided to walk around and check out the booths before the concert started. We were so excited to run into 3 of the 4 members of Signature Sound (Tim, Doug, & Ryan--not sure where Ernie was)!! Ally just had to get her picture taken with them!

They were so very nice and gave Ally a special light with their picture on it. (Ally used it throughout the concert, holding her light in the air and waving it to the music!!)

Ally & Daddy before the concert

Ally & me before the concert

The concert started at 7:00 p.m. and lasted until 11:00 p.m.!!

Signature Sound (Ally just LOVES this group--she calls them the "singing boys")

The Gaither Vocal Band

There was a 15 minute intermission around 9:30 p.m. During that time Ally had 2 people come up to her and tell her how much they'd enjoyed watching her sing & dance. They also commented how amazed they were that she knew almost every word to every song!
When the concert started back, they had everyone back on stage for a singin'!

The concert was just absolutely fabulous!! What a wonderful night of worship! It was really late so we headed home and Ally fell asleep before we even left the parking lot. We ended up getting home around 12:15 a.m.

Coming up--a princess party!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #97
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

princess party

Saturday the girls were invited to the birthday party of their friend Taylor (her mom was our "fairy godmother" in my previous posts--they were in WDW over Spring Break). The party was in our church gym--it was a princess party!! All of the girls brought princess dresses to wear over their clothes. Both of my girls took their Cinderella dresses to wear.

Princess Claire

Princess Ally (showing off her royal tiara stamp)

Claire discovers Belle!

The birthday girl received Cinderella's castle from her grandparents

I didn't realize how BIG the castle actually was!!

Coming up! My new bag for Disney!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #98
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

my new bag

After the birthday party we met my parents at the mall. I chose a new bag for our Disney trip!! I have read so many great things about the Vera Bradley hipsters that I had to check them out. I just LOVE Vera Bradley bags--my current purse is VB and Claire's diaper bag was a VB, etc. I wanted a different pattern from what I had already (Mod Floral Pink). I finally decided on one of the new patterns--Cupcake Pink! Check it out!! I LOVE my new bag!

straight on shot

side shot
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #99
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

45 days!!

Our trip is paid in full!! 45 days until our trip!! Whoo hoo!!

So enjoy some pictures drawn by Ally (can you tell she's excited?!)

Oh and I think we finally decided on what to do on arrival and departure day. We have decided to relax and enjoy our resort on arrival day. On departure day we're going to head back to Hollywood Studios because Brent is a HUGE Star Wars fan. And Star Wars Weekend just happens to begin the day before we leave!! Thanks again for sharing all of your opinions and suggestions!!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #100
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Morning Becky!
Great updates!!!! I'm not sure where to start!! Love the new crocs, adorable!! Did you get those through Crocs.com, I can't remember? They are too cute. I have the just plain brown Croc MJ's and LOVE them, I wore them on our 1st family trip to Disney, they needed no breaking in and I wore them all week long, without any issues, they were heavenly!! Just a word of caution though with the girls jibbitz....we bought our boys some Mickey crocs before out December vacation and thought while we were in DW, we would let them pick up some jibbitz as a little souvie, well, they did and each got like 3 of them....well, my middle son lost all of them! They come out VERY easily from the Mickey holes...they fit nicely but for whatever reason he kept losing them....and I wont even get into the amount of time we spent looking for them!!! I even asked a CM before buying them if they worked in Mickey crocs and she said yes, but I would never do it again....sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the big ones are probably perfect but watch your Minnie one for sure!!!!

Absolutely LOVE your pink cupcake VB bag!!!!!!!!! I've seen the green one and love that (my fav color is green!) but never saw the pink one, adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more!! Have a nice day!!!!

ps- Ally's pictures are SO cute!! She's a nice little artist!!!! Too cute!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 04-01-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added ps
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #101
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Hey Becky! I love your concert pics - it looks like a wonderful night! Those Gaither harmonies are fabulous, aren't they? Love Marshall Hall - was he still with them?

The birthday party looks great! I ALMOST bought that castle for my girls for Christmas when I went down in December on a girls trip! Debated and debated.....finally decided not to get it! Now, I kinda wish I had!

Oh my - that bag is beautiful! I only have one VB bag and I love it - but I might have to look into the hipster style - very pretty!

Sara
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #102
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Morning Becky!
Great updates!!!! I'm not sure where to start!! Love the new crocs, adorable!! Did you get those through Crocs.com, I can't remember? They are too cute. I have the just plain brown Croc MJ's and LOVE them, I wore them on our 1st family trip to Disney, they needed no breaking in and I wore them all week long, without any issues, they were heavenly!! Just a word of caution though with the girls jibbitz....we bought our boys some Mickey crocs before out December vacation and thought while we were in DW, we would let them pick up some jibbitz as a little souvie, well, they did and each got like 3 of them....well, my middle son lost all of them! They come out VERY easily from the Mickey holes...they fit nicely but for whatever reason he kept losing them....and I wont even get into the amount of time we spent looking for them!!! I even asked a CM before buying them if they worked in Mickey crocs and she said yes, but I would never do it again....sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the big ones are probably perfect but watch your Minnie one for sure!!!!

Absolutely LOVE your pink cupcake VB bag!!!!!!!!! I've seen the green one and love that (my fav color is green!) but never saw the pink one, adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more!! Have a nice day!!!!

ps- Ally's pictures are SO cute!! She's a nice little artist!!!! Too cute!!
Good morning Kristen!! Yes, the black, pink, and red crocs came from crocs.com. I LOVE them!! I've been wearing them everyday since I got them last week. Thanks for the heads up on the Jibbitz!! We'll keep an eye out for Minnie!

Off to take the girls to the mall to get their picture taken with the Easter bunny!!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #103
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Hey Becky! I love your concert pics - it looks like a wonderful night! Those Gaither harmonies are fabulous, aren't they? Love Marshall Hall - was he still with them?

The birthday party looks great! I ALMOST bought that castle for my girls for Christmas when I went down in December on a girls trip! Debated and debated.....finally decided not to get it! Now, I kinda wish I had!

Oh my - that bag is beautiful! I only have one VB bag and I love it - but I might have to look into the hipster style - very pretty!

Sara
Sara--yes, their harmonies are INCREDIBLE!! I have never seen so much talent on one stage before!! Unfortunately Marshall is no longer in the group (Ally was so sad because one of her favorite songs is the song Marshall always sang When I Cry). Guy Penrod is also no longer in the group. But Mark Lowry, Michael English, and David Phelps are all back in the group now and all I can say is WOW!!

I was talking to the grandparents who bought the castle and they said that the castle was 35% off when they were down there and only $10 to ship. Wonder if Brent will let me get one for the girls?!

Thank you!! I LOVE my new bag and just ADORE pink so that bag was the perfect choice.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #104
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates! So cool that Ally knows all the word to those songs!

I LOVE the new bag! I just bought my first VB hipster for my upcoming trip. I can't wait to use it in the parks!

The art gallery is too cute! She is very talented!

Here's a little dance for being paid in full...doesn't that feel good??

Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #105
pmama
DIS Veteran

Wow, you are right our dates are the same but for seperate coasts. Your dates were our original but then we added one more day to the end. Are you nervous about the Star Wars crowd?

I think relaxing at your resort the first day is a perfect idea. Keeps you rested up to start your first day full of energy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: