Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #31
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

A postcard from Cinderella!!

I had wanted to post this last night but the boards were down for what seemed like forever!!

On Friday Ally & Claire received a special note from Cinderella in the mail!!! For them to receive mail PERIOD is SUPER exciting and then for it to be from Cinderella--be still my heart! The excitement on their faces said it all. (My friend Amy was in WDW this past week and I asked her to be a "fairy godmother" for the girls--she even signed the postcard by trying to emulate Cinderella's signature--how authentic!!)

Ally showing off the postcard


Ally reading the note from Cinderella


Here's what it said (it was addressed to Princess Ally & Princess Claire)


Claire wanting a look!


Claire checking out the postcard (BTW--she's a bit cranky--she's been teething like crazy this week)


I think Ally was just in awe!! Can't wait until the real thing!!

Coming up! More surprises from the princesses!!

Last edited by ladybugmom; 03-23-2009 at 12:05 PM.
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #32
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I just read back over some of your stuff....let them know at the Poly you're celebrating your anniversary. We were wearing our buttons at check in and the lady at the front desk gave us real floral leis AND they upgraded us from a standard room to a Magic Kingdom view 3rd floor w/ balcony!!!! I was like WHOA! This is awesome. We had so much fun. I did a TR on that one...it was in Sept of '09 if ya wanna check it out. Speaking of...I need to get back to uploading the pictures from my March trip.

* My DD LOVES AG too!
Really?! OH WOW!! That's awesome!! Thank you--I will definately mention it! Where do you get the anniversary buttons before check-in? I will have to check out that TR!!
ladybugmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Another Princess Surprise!

My friend Amy (our "fairy godmother" from the previous post) had another little surprise for the girls today! In Sunday School this morning she gave me 2 princess lollipops from WDW--she told me to give them to the girls and to tell them that they were from the princesses!! So I gave Ally hers this afternoon after church--more excitement!! (I will have to wait and give Claire hers when I can supervise her better with it. Lollipops and 17 month olds can get VERY messy and sticky!! And I am not one for big messes!!)

Ally and the lollipops (She chose the grape one)


the lollipops were tied with tulle--super fancy!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #34
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Becky, I am here!!! Great start to your PTR! My children are exactly 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days apart! Your girls are just precious!!! I love how excited Ally was by the postcard and the lollipops -- how sweet of your friend! Your ADRs look great -- the girls will love meeting all of the princesses!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #35
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran
 
mommytothreeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 3,444

Good morning Becky!

I just got caught up...goodness...the boards being down was not fun!

Your ADRs look awesome! We did the basic DDP last trip and LOVED it! We opted for the Quick Service DDP for this trip..I'm anxious to see how it goes. We did book 'OHana for breakfast so we could do one character meal...they are so fun!

I would second the suggestion made by an earlier poster to take it easy on arrival day. Enjoy the resort, hit the pool, maybe go to DTD for dinner and shopping. Then you are ready to hit the parks, refreshed, the next morning! On departure day, hit the park the girls most want to re-visit!

The postcard from Cinderella looks like it was a big hit! Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! You are a blessed mommy! My kids should be getting cards next week....that will be fun!

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your planning. Disney with girls must be very different than with boys!
mommytothreeboys is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #36
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran
 
3princesses+aprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,879

Aww, Ally looks so excited with the postcard, and the lolipops, too cute!

Poor Claire, teething, I remember that. That's so tough! Give Claire Disney Hugs
__________________
Pam
Emily(13) Lizzie(11)
Samantha(8)


Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #37
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney
 
mom2mek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 3,377

Hey Becky! In answer to your question about Magical Express, with a 4:50 flight, you will need to be leaving on the bus a little before 2:00 (3 hours ahead of flight). Being at the Poly, it seems like you could jump on a monorail and go to either MK or Epcot and hit the highlights for 4 hours before heading back to the Poly to catch the ME.

You can hit Fantasyland and do some shopping and eat a nice lunch at the MK before heading back home and turning into pumpkins again! Thinking about departure day is always sad!

Love the postcard and the lollipops! Fairy Godmothers are so much fun, aren't they? I had a friend send some postcards to my kids before our Thanksgiving trip in 2007 -they were thrilled!

Sara
mom2mek is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Becky, I am here!!! Great start to your PTR! My children are exactly 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days apart! Your girls are just precious!!! I love how excited Ally was by the postcard and the lollipops -- how sweet of your friend! Your ADRs look great -- the girls will love meeting all of the princesses!
Hi Jackie!! Glad you made it over!! Thank you so much for your sweet words!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #39
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Good morning Becky!

I just got caught up...goodness...the boards being down was not fun!

Your ADRs look awesome! We did the basic DDP last trip and LOVED it! We opted for the Quick Service DDP for this trip..I'm anxious to see how it goes. We did book 'OHana for breakfast so we could do one character meal...they are so fun!

I would second the suggestion made by an earlier poster to take it easy on arrival day. Enjoy the resort, hit the pool, maybe go to DTD for dinner and shopping. Then you are ready to hit the parks, refreshed, the next morning! On departure day, hit the park the girls most want to re-visit!

The postcard from Cinderella looks like it was a big hit! Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! You are a blessed mommy! My kids should be getting cards next week....that will be fun!

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your planning. Disney with girls must be very different than with boys!
No, the boards being down was NOT fun!! Do they do that often? Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate your input!! Yes, the Cinderella postcard was a hit!! What kind of cards will your boys be getting?! I bet they will be soooo excited!!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #40
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Aww, Ally looks so excited with the postcard, and the lolipops, too cute!

Poor Claire, teething, I remember that. That's so tough! Give Claire Disney Hugs
Yeah--I think these are the last of her baby teeth (thank goodness!!). She started getting teeth very early at 4 months old. Teething tablets seem to help some. She's biting everything, though--including herself and Ally. Wed. night she was up crying MANY times throughout the night--it was awful! She's been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old so I'm not used to her waking up in the middle of the night anymore. Praying these teeth come through soon!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #41
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Hey Becky! In answer to your question about Magical Express, with a 4:50 flight, you will need to be leaving on the bus a little before 2:00 (3 hours ahead of flight). Being at the Poly, it seems like you could jump on a monorail and go to either MK or Epcot and hit the highlights for 4 hours before heading back to the Poly to catch the ME.

You can hit Fantasyland and do some shopping and eat a nice lunch at the MK before heading back home and turning into pumpkins again! Thinking about departure day is always sad!

Love the postcard and the lollipops! Fairy Godmothers are so much fun, aren't they? I had a friend send some postcards to my kids before our Thanksgiving trip in 2007 -they were thrilled!

Sara
Thank you so much Sara for the times!! Yeah--I don't even want to think about departure day--uggh--too sad!! You've given me some great input--thank you so much!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #42
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran
 
kaysmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6,822

Your girls are too cute! Ally looks so much like you. Claire is a doll too, poor baby hope her teeth come in quickly.
__________________
Nichole
kaysmommie is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #43
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Your girls are too cute! Ally looks so much like you. Claire is a doll too, poor baby hope her teeth come in quickly.
Thanks Nichole!! Yes, everyone says that Ally is my mini-me!! I was so excited that she looked so much like me--I look NOTHING like anyone in my family. I always wanted a daughter that looked like me!! Everyone thinks Claire looks more like Brent. She has more hair than Ally did at this age and it's a bit darker.
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #44
wlwilliams9
"It's green and evil...I call it greevil!!" -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
 
wlwilliams9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 1161.12 miles north of the castle
Posts: 2,403

Yay! Great PTR so far!! Your girls are beautiful! You are going to have such a wonderful trip! If you're like me, make sure to pack some tissues, there will be many teary-eyed moments!

Can't wait to read more!!
__________________
Wendy(39): Mike(39): Emily(7):Eva(4):

Disney Vacation Specialist - www.facebook.com/wendy.fte
wendy@fairytaleescapes.com or (734) FUN-0095
wlwilliams9 is offline  
Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #45
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Yay! Great PTR so far!! Your girls are beautiful! You are going to have such a wonderful trip! If you're like me, make sure to pack some tissues, there will be many teary-eyed moments!

Can't wait to read more!!
Glad you're joining in, Wendy!! And thank you for your kind words!! Yes, I am quite emotional! Thanks for the tip on the tissues! I will defiantely need them!!
ladybugmom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.